Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

The Iraqi ministry of defence said today that five coalition airplanes and two choppers have been shot down since the begining of the hostilities. (Reuters)

Edit: US Defence Secretary says he believes "some" US troops could be prisoners in Iraq. (BBC)

I just heard a rumour that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">US marines said to have suffered at least 50 casualties in fighting in Nasiriya.<span id='postcolor'>

Can anyone confirm this?

Well, no, but that would at least be a little more realistic number of casulties. That "Only 4 dead..."-stuff makes me laugh!

I've just been informed that a RAF aircraft just got shot down by a Patriot. Does anyone know the status of the crew? Have they mentioned the type, and Sqn?

Oh, and have they asked the Patriot crew what the fuck they were thinking?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 23 2003,16:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've just been informed that a RAF aircraft just got shot down by a Patriot. Does anyone know the status of the crew? Have they mentioned the type, and Sqn?<span id='postcolor'>

Old news. look a few pages back.

No details seen of the aircraft type or other details.

No one's talked about recovering the plane or the crew.

Nothing seems to have been publicized that would explain such a mistake.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 23 2003,06:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've just been informed that a RAF aircraft just got shot down by a Patriot. Does anyone know the status of the crew? Have they mentioned the type, and Sqn?

Oh, and have they asked the Patriot crew what the fuck they were thinking?<span id='postcolor'>

What's weird is I'm almost positive the Patriot systems have an IFF interrogator. Did the crew manually fire? Or was there a technical problem with the transponder on the Tornado?

Hopefully they find them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's weird is I'm almost positive the Patriot systems have an IFF interrogator. Did the crew manually fire? Or was there a technical problem with the transponder on the Tornado?

Hopefully they find them.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the GR4 has IFF. It also has a radar signature the size of an aircraft carrier. (Look at tail, its huge! ). Now how the patriot crew mistook that, for an incoming missile travelling at very high mach sppeds is beyond me.

They couldn't have thought they were engaging Iraqi A/C, as 2 E3's, and god knows how many standing CAP's wouldn't let any get that far to the border.

They better hope that the crew are okay, or heads are going roll.

Ooh, Sky News is showing USMC snipers with M82's picking off resistance in Umm Qasr. Boom.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Mar. 23 2003,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">German online news service <a href="www.spiegel.de" target='_blank'>www.spiegel.de</a> reported that the soldier throwing the grenades in the US camp was a muslim.<span id='postcolor'>

Also old news, mentioned pages back.

Swedish news are reporting of heavy coalition casualties in fighting with Republican Guard units on the way to Baghdad. They are saying that reports of 50-100 marines have been killed and possibly 2 US and one Canadian reporter.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No coalition pilot captured

crazy.gif Ping-Pong crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's interesting since I just saw Rumsfeld on TV saying that a British or US plane had probably been lost over Baghdad.

as everyone in the us seems to have been able to watch the 4 hr battle in umm Qazar does anyone know of anyone places where i will be able to download these battles and watch? as i seem to be only able to aquire short 5 minutes broadcasts.

General Myers (head of the joint chiefs of staff) said just a minute ago that he thought that "fewer then 10" US soldiers were captured. Earlier this morning he had denied any US PoWs.

Iraq says it has 5 prisoners and 4 dead soldiers.

Edit: BBC reports "significant" coalition casualties in Nassiriyya.

Edit2: Pentagon withdraws Rumsfelds comment that a British or US plane was lost saying that he was refering to the British tornado that was whacked by a patriot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 23 2003,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Swedish news are reporting of heavy coalition casualties in fighting with Republican Guard units on the way to Baghdad. They are saying that reports of 50-100 marines have been killed and possibly 2 US and one Canadian reporter.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah... sure. I'd like to see the proof.

Tune in on BBC (BBC-2 I think), they're talking about it right now. They are not giving any number but are saying that there have been "very significant" casualties. CNN has so far said only that "there have been casualties".

"Yeah... sure. I'd like to see the proof."

Why would it be so hard to believe that the Coalition would suffer significant casualties? Its a war, both sides will lose people.

They just showed bodies of US soldiers. Close-ups on wounds etc. Very nasty. Poor bastards.

Edit: BBC just gave some numbers. They said between 4 and 10 killed (not counting the bodies that the iraqi have) and over 50 injured.