Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ Mar. 23 2003,13:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ive heard the reports about the Iraqis soon showing Pows too....   sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

US denies any planes downed by Iraq nor any POWs taken.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And that second RAF double chopper crash<span id='postcolor'>

There was only one double crash, AFAIK.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">who stepped on mines ? i havent seen or heard that reported<span id='postcolor'>

Me neither.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Explosions are right now being reported live at Qatar near the Doha camp<span id='postcolor'>

Source?

Actually a US soldier stepped on a mine, but got lightly injured. smile.gif

Well.... at least that's what i've read in the local newspaper.

"There was only one double crash, AFAIK"

Yes sorry, i added the word double at the end of typing the post-the second reported chopper crash, being two RAF helicopters colliding- is what i meant.

"US denies any planes downed by Iraq nor any POWs taken."

Yes i just heard that too  smile.gif , i guess we'll see whos lying in the next few hours.

(explosions..camp doha) "Source?"

A BBC guy at Camp Doha has reported a large explosion outside the camp and a humvee driving out to investigate-

hopefully nothing....

Interestingly i havent heard the Iraqis talking about these gory casualties apparently reported on by Al-Jazeera...Youde think theyde seize on any civilian casualties for the western media.....unless they are the three deaths in Baghdad?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ Mar. 23 2003,13:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Interestingly i havent heard the Iraqis talking about these gory casualties apparently reported on by Al-Jazeera...Youde think theyde seize on any civilian casualties for the western media.....unless they are the three deaths in Baghdad?<span id='postcolor'>

No. If you look around the news sites, you'll find some statistic like 70-80 dead in Baghdad plus about 300 wounded.

Jordan has expelled 5 Iraqi diplomats but claims it has nothiing to do with the US's request. (AP?)

Large explosion in Qatar in the area of the US command center. (Reuters)

Pentagon: Basra under coalition control. (Reuters).

Iraq TV showing clip of Saddam shmoozing with his generals. (Reuters)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 23 2003,14:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">iRaqis exchanging gunfire near river of baghdad apparently they are shooting in the water, weird.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe there are rumors of Navy SEALS coming ashore. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 23 2003,14wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">iRaqis exchanging gunfire near river of baghdad apparently they are shooting in the water, weird.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe there are rumors of Navy SEALS coming ashore. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

NAVY Seals mixed with SAS ? tounge.gif

BBC news 24 have been showing footage of some activity in Baghdad, troops searching a river bank looking for something or someone....River boats moving up and down the river Tigris obviously doing a search....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 23 2003,13:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">iRaqis exchanging gunfire near river of baghdad apparently they are shooting in the water, weird.<span id='postcolor'>

An RAF plane was downed on the west bank, near the bridge. They've found one pilot, and they're looking for the other, who is swimming maybe.

May God be with them. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Mar. 23 2003,14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An RAF plane was downed on the west bank, near the bridge. They've found one pilot, and they're looking for the other, who is swimming maybe.<span id='postcolor'>

Where did you pick this up or are these the claims we've already heard from Iraq?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pentagon: Basra under coalition control. (Reuters).<span id='postcolor'>

I especially love that news item since if you trusted Pentagon, Basra was under their control at least 20 times during the weekend! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,13:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Mar. 23 2003,14wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An RAF plane was downed on the west bank, near the bridge. They've found one pilot, and they're looking for the other, who is swimming maybe.<span id='postcolor'>

Where did you pick this up or are these the claims we've already heard from Iraq?<span id='postcolor'>

It's from the Iraq channel on sat.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Mar. 23 2003,14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pentagon: Basra under coalition control. (Reuters).<span id='postcolor'>

I especially love that news item since if you trusted Pentagon, Basra was under their control at least 20 times during the weekend!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This is the first time I saw that Basra, as a whole (or maybe now a hole wow.gif ) was listed under coalition control.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Mar. 23 2003,14:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's from the Iraq channel on sat.<span id='postcolor'>

I feel better already.

Iraqi troops conducting this search are shooting randomly into the river banks.....lots of onlookers watching it all from the roadside, they certainly seem to think someone is there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,13:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe the city's fish market was hit by a Tomahawk.<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds fishy to me! biggrin.gif

Swedish TV is reporting from one of it's "embedded" reporters that the coalition forces have been stopped again outside Nasiriya by Euphrat. According to the reports the forces were stopped about 30 km southeast of the city.

Interesting, I thought that Pentagon claimed that the had already secured Nasiriya and more importantly the bridges over Euphrat.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 23 2003,14:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder what will happen if the Iraqis really show some US POWs on TV soon...  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing. The war will continue.

Don't expect any such POWs to survive. If they don't grind them up in a plastic shredder, they'll just place them inside the next potential bombing target.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't expect any such POWs to survive. If they don't grind them up in a plastic shredder, they'll just place them inside the next potential bombing target.<span id='postcolor'>

They survived the last war, I don't see why this would be any different.