Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2 news

On above mentioned picture is our addonmaking team. Three (four) musketeers smile_o.gif. In typical bussiness meeting place, with typical czech beer - BTW. best beer on the Earth. smile_o.gif

with typical czech beer - BTW. best beer on the Earth. smile_o.gif

right! I know some sissies out there have other views. Well In the past people also thought the world was flat.

erm.. hmm now Ontopic.

This Mod looks more and more promising. The latest shots make me wanna have it. Very good work. I must admit that I thought it would never turn out to be a good mod when I first heard of it. YOu made me believe the contrary.

And since I am also czech natioal (and swiss national hehe) I also have some kind of personal connection to it ;)

Concerning beer: nobody convince me that any other beer is better than czech one. biggrin_o.gif But you can try it smile_o.gif

On topic: We all (in CSLA team) know, that Czechoslovak modification is not so attractive for foreign OFP fans as e.g. Seals, Deltas, Hummers, Tigers, Shermans etc., and therefore is difficult to attract people to our work. Our approach is to make quality addons, quality missions in great campaign, real weapon and armor settings. We are making realy brand new units (Tatra trucks, OT64 Skot, OT62 Topas, PT76, MiG15, L410, BMP1, BMP2 etc. - much more is planned) and not only BARELY IMPROVED OFFICIAL MODELS or retexturing work. In Czech and Slovak republic is strong OFP comunity, but I believe that after even foreign fans will recognize our quality work, we will became more popular.

On topic: We all (in CSLA team) know, that Czechoslovak modification is not so attractive for foreign OFP fans as e.g. Seals, Deltas, Hummers, Tigers, Shermans etc., and therefore is difficult to attract people to our work.

I totally disagree.

Can't wait for CSLA 2! icon14.gif

You guys have an inferiority complex.  biggrin_o.gif

Just look at the stuff you make, and ask yourself how that can NOT be attractive for any OFP fan. I am not a Fin  but loved the FDF mod too. CSLA 2 is highly anticipated by me and i am not alone in that, i am sure

U should be proud of your job and Czech weapons.

A lot of ppl forgets that there r other, little countries which can have very good weaponry (watch wwII era).

Skot and Topas was better than other similiar vehicles this era (Skot-2AP rules wink_o.gif ). Tatra is legendary. Dana still is one of the best.

And of course Ceska Zbrojovka smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif We do not have inferiority complex at all smile_o.gif

We are pretty selfconfident in what we are doing....;)

Big task for us is english version of our pages (problems with privider at the time...). We will see. We use this thread as a newsroom and forum for english speaking fans, atm.

Big task for us is english version of our pages

Another small problem to consider is the English text in your campaign missions. I remember back in the CSLA 1 campaign that the English was a bit rough. I suggested then that you hire someone on the team who can proofread it and correct it before it's released.

For the upcomming campaign we have following plans: voices will be in original language, so, Czech will speak czech lang., Slovaks will speak slovak lang., Russians will speak russian and US will speak english. Localization into different languages will be done by titles. Don't worry, english will be better than CSLA1. The same for voices.....

For the upcomming campaign we have following plans: voices will be in original language, so, Czech will speak czech lang., Slovaks will speak slovak lang., Russians will speak russian and US will speak english. Localization into different languages will be done by titles. Don't worry, english will be better than CSLA1. The same for voices.....

That's great! Most players have stated in the past that they prefer voices in the original languages (unlike Red Hammer's English voices in a heavy phony Russian accent crazy_o.gif ).

Yoshimitsu

tekken , soul calibur 2 fan ?

smile_o.gif Yup, I like Tekken3 (but I like Mortal Kombat series much more).

Yoshimitsu is cool wink_o.gif

Yoshimitsu.jpg

I am looking very much forward to this mod. I find foreign stuff more interesting. Since I know quite a bit (not really all that much but still) about how the Swedish army works. And it is always fun to see how other countries armies work. And I also look forward to seeing the Czech gas mask OM-10 I think it was. (are you making it?) Since when I was in Prauge I did not have enough time to buy one.... It is also fun to see something else than American gear being made wink_o.gif

EDIT: The mask I was after was called M-10-M, damn I want that mask!

I am looking very much forward to this mod. I find foreign stuff more interesting. Since I know quite a bit (not really all that much but still) about how the Swedish army works. And it is always fun to see how other countries armies work. And I also look forward to seeing the Czech gas mask OM-10 I think it was. (are you making it?) Since when I was in Prauge I did not have enough time to buy one.... It is also fun to see something else than American gear being made

EDIT: The mask I was after was called M-10-M, damn I want that mask!

M-10 gasmask is one of our goals, but now other stuff is prior to us. Anyway it is planned to be released  wink_o.gif

Illustrational photo ghostface.gif

On topic: We all (in CSLA team) know, that Czechoslovak modification is not so attractive for foreign OFP fans as e.g. Seals, Deltas, Hummers, Tigers, Shermans etc., and therefore is difficult to attract people to our work.

I must agree with Avon Lady - you did the great job and as I se it, comprehensive mod adding Warsaw Pact Army from dark and gloomy Cold War times is far more valuable than any "modern warfare" stuff.

Consider FDF Mod - nobody (except some fans and Finnish players) ever though about that, but FDF Mod gave us many great features in neat Nordic package.

You know what Master said:

THE FUTURE BELONGS TO ALUMINIUM (AND NATIONAL MODS).

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You know what Master said:

THE FUTURE BELONGS TO ALUMINIUM (AND NATIONAL MODS).

I'd say national TOTAL conversion mods ;)

I also initially thought that FDFMOD would not probably interest foreign people that much, but that was all nonsense. I've been checking the download amounts from the mirrors that are posted on our website, and the numbers are very high for a 200 mb national mod.

Of course, one factor that might have aided the success was its status as the first total conversion mod, but I think it's still a quality product, even if it would have been the last one to come out smile_o.gif

Thumbs up to CSLA mod, can't wait to see the finished product!

Well, I like military history, and I've never been exposed to the FDF or CSLA or many other national armies. This is a way to learn about them. Besides - it's fun. smile_o.gif

I disagree with that. I'm not Czech (American,) but this is one of the mods I'm most looking forward to. It's obviously high quality work, so I don't think you'll have much trouble attracting non-Czechs to it. Well, providing you get it localized well, anyway.

I personally find foreign military mods in OFP to be very interesting. Yeah, the US military is big, strong, and all that stuff, but it's also monolithic. It's designed to be mobile and to be able to fight in any enviroment, just like the Russians. In order to do that, it sacrifices some of the "personality" that smaller, more regional armies have. I really like the FDF mod because it's distinctly Nordic, for example. It's pretty interesting to see US and Russian equipment side-by-side in the same military.

Militaries say something about a culture, therefore I don't see why a foreign mod wouldn't interest non-natives. I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

The Resistance side in OFP are pretty heavily based on the Czech army, arent they? (AKM-CZ, CZ-75 etc.) wink_o.gif

So to me this total mod would fit in very well with OFP smile_o.gif

Write me down as one of the interested. I don't care one bit if the add-on features the Bhutanese Special Forces as long as it's well done and accurate. And as Fubar said, OFP:s maps etc would fit the CSLA very well.

Most important. It looks like this mod will have interesting campaign scenarios which in itself makes it interesting.

BM

Yours was the first Mod i dloaded when I finaly got my adsl in the begining of this year,and I still have it installed in my OFP,that says something wink_o.gif

The Resistance side in OFP are pretty heavily based on the Czech army, arent they? (AKM-CZ, CZ-75 etc.)  wink_o.gif

So to me this total mod would fit in very well with OFP  smile_o.gif

BTW- "AK-47 CZ" on resistance side. That name is a bullshit. It is actually Sa-58, Czech model. It is simmilar to AK series but it is original wink_o.gif