Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2 news

Say, how similar that OT-62 is to BTR-50?

Same thing with different designation or just plain similar looking? smile_o.gif

Czechoslovakian designers derived OT-62 from BTR-50 in late 50. and in 1962 was approved for army. Changes which were made on OT-62 are following: different engine (more power, higher speed), modified front armor for better view (two cylindrical "turrets"), small turret with 7.62mm machine gun and 82mm recoiless rifle - one crew member more - gunner, top covers for infantry has changed, new two/one (depends on version) doors on side ocurred, also command/ communication vehicle version occured.

Name TOPAS is from czech words Transporter Obrneny PASovy (Carrier Amored Tracked).

So this is not only different designation. BTR-50 can be done from OT-62 model easily (but why?).

I might be fun to have a BTR-50 for any kind of African war out there. Might look particuarly good on Tonal. wink_o.gif

If theres a need for that vehicle and CSLA wont make it we will use it for a lil older APC pack.

Anyone intrested?

Well to be honest, we have a very nice looking Btr-152 model since a while, only prob is we need to wait till a few other things are done before we got someone to give it a nice texture.

I would say Btr-152,Btr-50, and Brdm-1 all in standart and special variants like with Saggers for example... i like the idea.

But we should go back to topic, i dont wanna spam CSLAs thread smile_o.gif

Some time ago, I offered to RHS that I can modify my OT-62 to BTR-50 easily...we agreed it is not priority at the moment. Maybe in case of old armor pack...

BTW. OT-62 was used in CSLA until early eighties, mainly because of its big capacity - 3 crew + 12 inside cargo (in OFP). Outside riders are planned. Official data 3 + 18.

this is great looking can't wait for these this will be one of the best mods for sure keep up the great work guys looking forward for it biggrin_o.gif

More pics will come.

The heck with the pics! Release the mod! crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Release date is already set Avon wink_o.gif

More pics will come.

The heck with the pics! Release the mod! crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Release date is already set Avon  wink_o.gif

oh yeah didn't know that but i guess i know:

when it's done i hope i'm wrong

Well they just mentioned December a few pages back. So I am hoping for an early Christmas present smile_o.gif

I dont know the exact date but if all works out then you have something to play over hols

News: BS-3 (100mm AT cannon)

csla2_bs3_01w.jpg

csla2_bs3_03w.jpg

We want try to make this cannon towable with car...

Please make the outside riders an option if possible. It looks very kewl, but in OFP its just too easy to kill off those guys who can't shoot back, and take forever to disembark!!

there using our tank rider scripts so that if someone is shot while ridding on to of the tank every body else ridding on top jumps off instantly either side of the tank so it dosent get blocked but i also think theyve done it so if the tank is in combat mode ie hatches down you can only ride inside but if the crews turned out people can ride inside and out side wink_o.gif

this mod is going to kick ass quickly runs home to play with his early beta CSLA BMP 1 and 2 tounge_o.gif

External cargo is used on:

BMP-1 (8 internal cargos + 16 external cargos)

BMP-2 (7 internal cargos + 17 external cargos)

OT-90 (8 internal cargos + 16 external cargos)

OT-62 (12 internal cargos + 12 external cargos)

PT-76 (7 external cargos)

T-55 (7 external cargos)

T-55AM2 (9 external cargos)

We are using cargo scripts from RHS.

csla2_pics_ot62.jpg

csla2_pics_pt76.jpg

Awsome!!!

Will the CSLA mod maybe be a christmas present for the OFP community?

We want release MOD before Xmas.

MOD is nearly to be finished and we have only some problems with implementation of few features to MOD and part of campaign dabing is not finished yet.

We want release MOD before Xmas.

MOD is nearly to be finished and we have only some problems with implementation of few features to MOD and part of campaign dabing is not finished yet.

well that's great news looking forward to the release and i can see alot of nights playing this