Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2 news

Model and textures are finished. I'm waiting for new animations for cargo on top of the vehicle, now...

Cargo positions: 7in & 15 on top

csla2_bmp2_sitontop.jpg

Iraqi version of BMP1 and BMP2 will be, most probably, created as well....

Nice work !!! I am looking forward for CSLA Addon II or more precisely for CSLA MOD version II.

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Very nice. The BIS BMPs are like ugly brutes when compared to these little beauties.

Maa, could you tell Bobby to drop me a line, I sent him a PM a few weeks ago.

Also, anything new on the RM-70?

Any chance you would release that new BMP separately or is everything coming together? If it's the latter, any ETA on mod release? I've been dying to play with an accurate BMP for ages (yeah I know there's one in the FDF mod but it just uses the BIS textures and the default config which is unrealistic). smile_o.gif

I want to present two news in CSLA project. First one is finishing of exterior of PT-76B light tank (I finished it on monday) and the second one is progress of works on L-410 transport aircraft (Jennik's job).

PT-76B is light aphibious tank, russian design from 60ties, which was used in Middle East Wars ('67, '73) by arab armies, in Viet Nam ('67-'72) by NVA and in other conflicts. It was also present in armies of USSR satelites, such as Czechoslovakian people army (ÄŒSLA). Armament of the vehicle is folloving: D-56 gun 76.2 mm, PKT machine gun 7.62 mm and AT-3 "Sagger"/"Malyutka" in special versions. Four versions are in construction: ÄŒSLA army version, ÄŒSLA para version, russian naval infantry version, NVA version.

csla2_pt76_05w.jpg

csla2_pt76_09w.jpg

Jennik's L-410 is light transport aircraft of Czechoslovakian construction. It was utilized by ÄŒSLA in para version, was able to drop 16 paratroopers. Following pics shows progress of texturing. More questions will be answered by Jennik.

csla2_l410_07w.jpg

csla2_l410_10w.jpg

More pics are on our home page.

Both of these look great!! Can't wait for another release from your team. Good work!

Is the L-410 the same aircraft as the TurboLet or is this just a modernisation/modification of the L-410?

Turbolet%201525.jpg

Turbolet%2015251.jpg

Turbolet%2053+11.jpg

Turbolet%20OK-BYF.jpg

Or wait...Is 'TurboLet' just the name of the L-410?

L-410 Turbolet is the early version of that aircraft.

L-410 UVP is the improved model with some changes in construction (larger size of wings etc.) and engines. It allows to make shorter take-offs and landings (cca 400 meters)

L-410 T is version of UVP improved for transporting paratroopers.

Today there are also modern versions of L-410 UVP with new engines (5-blade propeler) and fuel tanks at the end of the wings.

The first one on your picture is special version for air-photography and metering (or something like that...), the second plane is civil UVP version and the last is version for Czech Military Police (i think because there is triangle version of Czech national sign - the normal one is in circle).

Jennik

Nice pics Bobby! smile_o.gif

Is the Pt-76 already done? Or do you still have to do the interior?

PT-76B model is finished, including model of interior. Textures of the interior will be made together with OT-62B interior textures.

In the last post I forgot, that PT-76 has been used by IDF (captured vehicles) and also by Iraq, etc.

Depending on demand other versions than mentioned 4, could be done. smile_o.gif

I'd love to see a generic desert PT-76. Maybe with a setobjecttexture ability. That way, we can make it Iraqi, Israeli, Libyan or Egyptian if we want to. smile_o.gif

It will be on all CSLA vehicles SetObjectTexture ability. wink_o.gif

In that case, I would like to suggest a FIA object texture for all your vehicles.

I like good customer service. smile_o.gif Good idea about the FIA version, too, TopCover.

Vojtoo - does that mean that we can take any CSLA mod vehicle and SetObjectTexture to anything else we want? It sounds too good to be true.

Are you guys redoing the Mi-24 as well?

Hehe, it seems that the Setobject texture was one of the most useful additions to ofp by bis.

And yeah, are you redoing the Mi-24? I sure hope, cause the bis one aint pretty when you put it next to, say, DKM's Mi-28. Neither does it represent in terms of armnament the versatility of the hind. I remember in that old game "HIND" you could equipp it with anything from FAB-250 free fall bombs to mine dispensers to AA-8 Aphid missiles. In some missions your objectives would be to insert troops, then destroy a tank column then support the troops by giving fire support with gunpods. So much fun. And the 3d accelerated version of the game actually looked pretty good. Ah, memories.

Vojtoo - does that mean that we can take any CSLA mod vehicle and SetObjectTexture to anything else we want? It sounds too good to be true.

Yes smile_o.gif

Yes  smile_o.gif

That's awesome. More mod teams should follow that philosophy.

Yes, our team is working on brand new textures of Mi-24 Hind. Several versions including "White Tiger" are planned. I am glad to read your reactions, because, as I said, we are opened to different suggestions to make our mod better.

Yes, our team is working on brand new textures of Mi-24 Hind. Several versions including "White Tiger" are planned. I am glad to read your reactions, because, as I said, we are opened to different suggestions to make our mod better.

Does that mean that you aren't gonna make a new model, just retexture like in original CSLA? sad_o.gif

Was hoping for another killer addition to ofp. Oh well, perhaps next CSLA pack then. After all, don't wanna swamp you with work.

We have plans to make complete new HIND and HIP, but we are very busy now. Maybe in future... smile_o.gif

We have tested possibility of change of complete texture set via SetObjTexture on our vehicles. Althought we thought that it would be useful, we have found that this feature would not be useful in our addon. Change of texture sets would not be acceptable due to lots of textures on our models. Because of that we have returned to original aim, to have changeable only several textures (signs, numbers, etc.)

But, as Bobby mentioned, we are able to make other versions of vehicles. It is not a problem to modify model or textures, if some team/mod will ask us....e.g. to make desert set of textures etc.