Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2 news

is it a guided missile IRL?

Here's some information about the launcher at fas.org. RM-70 is a bit different, it carries two sets of rockets (80 in total). One is ready for launching, while the other is placed next to it for a quick reloading of the ammo.

Quote[/b] ]RM-70 GRAD

Ooh ... how are you planning to do this? As far as I know the rocket launcher is mounted on a Tatra truck. The Finnish Defence Forces also use this launcher ... if you have worked out a good solution, we might be able to share some ideas?

Only way to do it would be to code it like a tank, or a static object, but a tank is more preferable obviously as it can move, a few issues raise themselves with this method though, firstly the wheels wont rotateleft/right as the vehicle turns, also the truck will be able to spin on the spot, small problems when faced with the huge plus of having MRL's.

EDIT: Oh the RM-70GRAD thought we were talking about the MTO-85 sorry sad_o.gif

i doubt it would fire rockets while moving so they could make it like a regular ural, then have an action that turns it to a static ural which can launch them... and vice versa

Maybe you could use Sigma 6 T72 model as it is more realistic that original. Atleast try to make them similar so they would be compatible.

Any idea how long it will take to finish all remaining vehicles?

I am working on OT62 Topas (visible on my banner) and PT 76. Status of those vehicles is following.

OT62 Topas (Czech version of russian carrier BTR50) is tracked vehicle (amphibious APC), able to transport 3 + 16/18 soldiers. In OFp environment it will transport 3 + 12 soldiers. Armament: 82mm recoiless gun and 7.62 machine gun. about three weeks ago base external textures has been finished. Three weeks I spent aplying mud and rust to this vehicle. Works are finished today, first pictures of finalized external look will be released on monday. Then works on interior will be started. I took more than 200 pics of real vehicle, so every detail is according to real beast. First will be battle version (pics will be released on monday), second will be command post version (like M113 vs. M557) armed only with machinegun. Finished in about month. Mostly interior diferences.

PT76B is light amphibious tank used by paras or for recon missions. Armed by 76 mm gun and machinegun. Used by russians, satelites (e.g. Czechoslovakia, Poland, ....Vietnam....Egypt). Some people remember pics I released in december. It was my first model for OFP. Completely new model has been built. Two versions are planned for the first release. Czechoslovakian version and Russian naval infantry version....In future I want to make also at least NVA (North Vietnamese) version. Status - exterior model finished. Will be released at the end of august.

I have two nice things in mind to make, but those are secret at the time. I can say that one is beautiful chopper and second is some AA.

Notes:

- RM 70 will be most probably something like scud class, mobile, but fixed during fire. As well as DANA 152mm howitzer (wheeled 8x8) on Tatra platform.

- Tanks - most probably we will not use Sigma models...

- I have access to all vehicles and planes mentioned in MAA's post, including interior. Two weeks ago I have been on this place with Jennik (island maker, MiG 15) to make pics of real aircrafts. What a fun to sit inside MiG21 biggrin_o.gif.

There are 2 basic version of RM70:

Tatra 815 chassis

122rm70_1.jpg

Tatra 813 armored chassis:

122rm70_2.jpg

Model will be based on "car" class. Firing will be possible only during stops amd will be solved using scripts.

2cam0flage: If finnish mod will be interested, be can provide them with model, or we can cooperate especially in scripting....after finishing of the model

Thank you Bobby. I will drop you a line as soon as I get some feedback from rest of the team. PT-76 also sounds very interesting - it was used in the recon units of armored brigades here in Finland a few decades ago.

I think it would be great to co-operate with you regarding the RM-70. I have never seen one here in Finland, but I suppose you have better chances of acquiring material because the vehicle is of Czech origin smile_o.gif

Yeah,

two weeks ago I touched one piece of it. I spent 3 hours among the armor (artillery) beasts and took nearly 60 minutes of video tape.

All vehicles will be for CSLA and FIA and some of them for RUS or other countrys too.

Model will be based on "car" class. Firing will be possible only during stops amd will be solved using scripts.

Would that really be a big thing that you cant fire it on the go? I dont think they would fire while moving right? Just an engine limitation that adds realisme wink_o.gif

In reality RM-70 can't fire while moving ...

Hi Maa :-)

You said to Monti (in interwiev on gamezone.cz), that first release of CSLA Addon II. will be at end of June or start of July. What is it like rock.gif

smile_o.gif

If that is true I'll be all over the place, If I understand correctly CSLA mod II will be more like FDFMOD will it not? New GUI and a few other changes. Please say it is so smile_o.gif

Hi Maa :-)

You said to Monti (in interwiev on gamezone.cz), that first release of CSLA Addon II. will be at end of June or start of July. What is it like rock.gif

smile_o.gif

Hmmm...a few posts ago CSLA Mod gave us a sitrep and quite a bit needed doing still so I doubt that release date is realistic rock.gif

Just my 2 EuroCents smile_o.gif

Hi friend :-)

You could check also our ofp.info private forum. smile_o.gif

As I promised on friday, I want to release several pics of my OT62 B Topas. I work on this beast from late February. Model has been done according to real vehicle. I took more than 200 inside/outside pics. Textures are fully handpainted in Photo Studio 2000. I don't have any graphics experience (like e.g. Marfy has), therefore texture painting took a lot of time. Base textures has been finished about month ago, last month I spent on weathering and mud application. Now interior is waiting to finish. Tuning of exterior textures will take place as well. This machine will be part of CSLA 2 addon update. (To clear status of CSLA 2 project: addon will be released in near future - July - we don't want to wait much, more units will be added by update in late august. Why so late? We decided to remodel and to retexture all old CSLA units. We will make new realistic models and better textures in higher resolution to improve quality of the mod. So, we added ourself A LOT OF WORK).

OT62B Topas - CSLA version

csla2_ot62_13w.jpg

csla2_ot62_14w.jpg

csla2_ot62_15w.jpg

csla2_ot62_16w.jpg

More pics and info will be added later.

Very nice, keep up the excellent work!

Well bobby if this is you with little experience then boy are you going to be great once you do this more often smile_o.gif It looks great, is the interior modelled and textrued? If so could we have some pictures of that too? Once again great work smile_o.gif

Sorry if the armament has been discussed before, but is that an SPG on the OT-62?  smile_o.gif

@supah: I am finishing model of interior according to my photos. Then painting of textures will start...Sorry but no pics are available....We will took more detailed pics of exterior...