Nillers

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Western Sahara

W_Sahara_still_missing.jpg?width=1194&heRE; the Western Sahara - Creator DLC Compatibility Data for None owners with that installed on a dedicated server player who dont own the full WS should be able to do the download Addons & join on the Steam Servers list, but even with that installed & running on the server they get A "Full version Required? message & cant proceed? All the other DLC none owners addons work but not the WS

Yes I do have the full versions of all the DLCS. It's just new players these days think ArmA3 days are numbered, & dont want to invest in new DLC, even if its less that a couple of Beers!!

Any idea why the WS compatibility mod wont work, & all the others do. Cant contact the mod maker no access to him.

5 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

W_Sahara_still_missing.jpg?width=1194&heRE; the Western Sahara - Creator DLC Compatibility Data for None owners with that installed on a dedicated server player who dont own the full WS should be able to do the download Addons & join on the Steam Servers list, but even with that installed & running on the server they get A "Full version Required? message & cant proceed? All the other DLC none owners addons work but not the WS

Yes I do have the full versions of all the DLCS. It's just new players these days think ArmA3 days are numbered, & dont want to invest in new DLC, even if its less that a couple of Beers!!

Any idea why the WS compatibility mod wont work, & all the others do. Cant contact the mod maker no access to him.

The Compatibility Mods for all the CDLCs offer the same 'try before you buy' ability as the official BI DLC content, meaning you have to pay to get access to the premium content. If your server/mission requires CDLC content such as an included terrain, players with only the Compat Mod will NOT be able to join the server.

The Compat Mods only exist because the CDLCs are Optional Content, players do not have to download any of the CDLCs unless they are interested in them. This saves a large amount of storage space.

See the CDLC FAQ page for more information.

OK, but with all the other DLC compatibility mods like vn players who dont have the full version of that can still join the server via steam servers list,(obviously not play those missions) but can get on the server that way, but with the W S compatibility addon installed they can't join via steam Servers list.  it might be a server problem? I put a ticket in for it.

19 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

OK, but with all the other DLC compatibility mods like vn players who dont have the full version of that can still join the server via steam servers list,(obviously not play those missions) but can get on the server that way, but with the W S compatibility addon installed they can't join via steam Servers list.  it might be a server problem? I put a ticket in for it.

Western Sahara official Discord

would be cool to have the Berezhok turret on Marid

Hello,
i just bought the Western Sahara CDLC and like it really much. I really appreciate the level of polish. Every asset could very well be "official" arma content, which make this CDLC really stand out.
The best part is the map though. It looks fantastic and runs so well that i had to set a frame limiter from the gpu driver. Only negative aspect of it, is that it's quite small. Because of the good performance it could be great for vehicle gameplay and complex missions, but for those the map size is a bit too limiting perhaps. Would be cool if it could be expanded a bit (not with particular POIs or more cities, but just with the roads going out further and more desert...).

Anyway... i've got a question about the "desert module" and how to set it up for multiplayer on dedicated server.
I want the effect to be for every player. Can i just sync every player to the module, or do i need to set up one module per player?
I know that this would be easy to test, but multiplayer testing is very tedious and i don't have access to a dedicated server at the moment, so it would be much appreciated if someone could share their findings with desert module and how to set it up for MP. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!

1 hour ago, twistking said:

I want the effect to be for every player. Can i just sync every player to the module, or do i need to set up one module per player?

You have to sync it to every player. But keep in mind that the dust particles can hit hard if there's too many (I'm not sure right now if they are local) - in any case, you should use it carefully. If you only want the color correction, you can as well just drop the post processing module and select the template.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lexx said:

Thanks for the feedback!

You have to sync it to every player. But keep in mind that the dust particles can hit hard if there's too many (I'm not sure right now if they are local) - in any case, you should use it carefully. If you only want the color correction, you can as well just drop the post processing module and select the template.

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, the particles not being local and adding up in MP is what i was worrying about. I already saw that the color correction is also available seperately, but i'm interested in having both particles and CC. I think the particles just look so very good. I tend to keep them on very low values so they just give that hazy effect. Very atmospheric (would probably also work well on other maps)!

If it's not local by default, maybe it would be a nice option to add with an upcoming update? Just a checkbox "run locally only for synced units" or similar...

Maybe i will do some reading into how i can create the module (forced) locally via script and then locally sync players to it by script. I think this should be possible. It's just that i'm not that good with scripting...

Ps: Anyone remember the "ambient effects" module from arma 2 / operation arrowhead? It did a light dust effect with particles, but you could not crank it up to sandstorm levels like the desert module. Anyway i used it a lot back in the days and i was waiting for something similar to come to arma 3.

In worst case you can just spawn the effect manually (outside of the module).

[.1, 0, [OBJ_1, OBJ_2, OBJ_3], nil, nil] call lxWS_fnc_showDust;
        [alpha from, +random alpha, [objects], area size, spawn height] call lxWS_fnc_showDust;

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:38 AM, lexx said:

In worst case you can just spawn the effect manually (outside of the module).

[.1, 0, [OBJ_1, OBJ_2, OBJ_3], nil, nil] call lxWS_fnc_showDust;
        [alpha from, +random alpha, [objects], area size, spawn height] call lxWS_fnc_showDust;

Wow. Thanks a lot. Tested it already and works flawlessly.

Do you by any chance also have the function for the ground dust feature of the module? I mean the feature that spawns smaller puffs of dust directly near the player. It's a seperate checkmark in the module UI. I tried finding it by myself by opening the module in the config viewer but did not succeed...

That's

[_interval, [_size]] call lxWS_fnc_showGroundDust;
[0.5, [5, 8, 12, 20]] call lxWS_fnc_showGroundDust;
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lexx said:

That's

[_interval, [_size]] call lxWS_fnc_showGroundDust;
[0.5, [5, 8, 12, 20]] call lxWS_fnc_showGroundDust;

🙏🙏🙏

Hey guys. I don't know if this was mentioned before, CAP ION Headphones uses same model as CAP ION reversed. Meaning, both are in reversed positions.

• Like 1

Does this CDLC still receive updates? I discovered a small bug: a supressor on an XMS SG becomes invisible when switched to shotgun in 3rd person perspective. So you can flip between the firing modes in 3rd person and see the supressor blink on and off.

We are working on a new patch, but it's unknown when it will be done. I'll put your report on the list. Odd that it only happens in 3rd person.

• Thanks 1

Hi to All!

Today, after a long break, I again played Scenario - "EXTRACTION""and got indescribable pleasure!

Atmospheric music, the expanse of the desert, and the specific planning of each mission. And this works very well, even with a lot of mods!

I want to once again say to all the creators of this DLC, thank you so much!

For me, this is one of the best DLC for A3!

Still, a lot could be improved.

In my opinion, the following additions would greatly improve this DLC, lifting it to incredible heights!

1) Very lacking in gameplay settings.

Similar settings already exist in many mods such as Antistasi.

It would be highly desirable for the player to adjust the following parameters:

> level of AI of opponents and allies.

> number of AI opponents, his probabilities.

> probability and number of random patrols, on the way to the primary objectives and missions.

>  the cost of allies recruting, their level of AI.

etc

1) I noticed that unfortunately, if you play single player (no co-op) then the game is a bit unbalanced.

Towards the very end of the campaign, where the missions are most difficult, the player cannot raise enough money to recruit AI allies.

In addition, the level of hired AI is extremely low, they almost do not bring any benefit to the player, because As a rule, they will all be shot, before they can kill even one enemy!

As a result, the player at the end of the campaign is forced to go on the most dangerous missions alone.

I played several times and every time, in the final this srory, the player didn't have enough money to hire at least one stupid AI.

While the recruitment cost is very expensive and the number of AI opponents in any given mission will always greatly outnumber the player's squad. There will always be a small disbalance here.

Hiring one ally is expensive $500, while they all die almost in the first encounter with the enemy. For this reason, player would really like to customize the level of the hired AI, or have several variations for recruitment costs, where a High AI level is more expensive, than a lower AI level.

2) the player's base requires a more protected look. Heavy sand fortifications, static guns, and even soldiers on gun emplacements are needed. Several times, very close to the base, I met enemy patrols. An undefended base near with enemy looks unrealistic, and besides, non-attacking opponents make it more strange. It was great to see protected base, which will be exposed to random enemy attacks, with a sense of player security inside the base.

3) I would like to have at least some kind of randomness of tasks, but this is not. For example, I tried the "Hack LapTop" mission 3 times, because my character and the whole team were killed, but each time this LapTop was in the same location, on same table, in same tent on every  subsequent playthroughs this made the game less interesting. If during the replay, the location of the key laptop changed each time, then such a game could be played with great interest!

4) From the very first minute of the game, the player has access to the entire arsenal of Arma3, all weapons including all mods!

This devalues some more advanced weapons. I would like to see some restrictions and a list of unlockable weapons, with the progress of the player. Again, this is already in Antistasi, which makes advanced weapons less accessible.

I hope you consider some of my thoughts as it would undeniably improve this DLC.

ALL WS team, Thanks for your great work!

I tried to make a CBA Joint Rails/Muzzles/Magazines compat patch for Western Sahara weapons, and found out a rather big hurdle regarding AA-40 (sgun_aa40_base_lxWS) and XMS SW (arifle_XMS_M_lxWS). In case of both guns the UnderBarrelSlot class in WeaponSlotsInfo seems to include compatibleItems array with nine vanilla bipod classes.

This array will be always inherited from original WS config, even when someone (me) makes a replacement config that changes UnderBarrelSlot class to inherit from CBA asdg_UnderSlot - which means no 3rd party bipod/bottom rail accessories can be used. It is even weirder because the way it's defined it won't even allow to use all of the vanilla bipods - two colour variations introduced with Contact/Enoch are missing from the array, and because the array is there, the game won't use the full 11-element list from original UnderBarrelSlot class.

I think it should be preferable to have that line removed from the configs of those two guns.

Yes, this is already fixed on our end and will be in the next patch. However, I can't say right now when the patch will release.

• Thanks 1

Great to hear!

One more question, I hope you won't mind. The texture templates you've released earlier don't contain any of the 1.1 stuff (such as BTR turret or new Marid manned turret), nor any of the guns. Will templates for those come out some day?

Hard to say. It's always a bit of an annoying piece of work to create them. However, if you want certain stuff, you can go to our discord and ask about it. We'll probably hand out the necessary textures. It's not the same level as the templates, but better than nothing I guess.

• Like 1

There's another Western Sahara patch in the works?

Epic! Can't wait, I love this CDLC, can't wait to see what you guys are cooking up.

Thank you for continuing to work on the DLC. It's great and gets better with time. Only you fix the shortcomings of the BASIC version of the game, while others complement the "side branches". This is especially valuable. If possible, a few wishes: light uniform CSAT (Iran) make also for the woodland version (China) and urban. And also add panama retexture for these three types of hex. Make a completely black version of ACP.45 (for ION). And for the atmosphere, there are VERY lacking headbands and machine-gun belts crosswise chest. Such additions could decorate a lot of different scenarios.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzxG6ugMFZNU8SwNMEhlx

Also add disposable grenade launchers (maybe ports from Arma-2 as an option?) RPG-18 and AT-4 types. And it would be absolutely great to port the Land Rovers from Arrowhead - such equipment is sorely LACKED in Arma-3. 

P.S. From the more global - I would like to see SKS and RPD in the game. Nobody makes them, and these weapons are very common in Third World countries. And a submachine gun HK UMP 45 caliber. An excellent close range weapon for mercenaries.

In any case, thanks for your work!

I will allow myself a few more wishes - your wonderful team is so successful in "patching holes" in the base Arma 3 (for which you have my respect), it would VERY do not hurt to expand the "drone" part of the game. You've made a great flying machine gun (which was so lacking in vanilla) - I'd like to see something similar and on the ground. There is an robot ED with a shotgun in the game ... it would be logical to have one with a machine gun like LIM. For mercenaries, this is just an indispensable device, it seems to me. And for the army factions (Blue and Red), something similar would be appropriate in the anti-tank version (with a couple of Raven-type missiles). Again, there is still no kamikaze drone in the game (salut from Green faction)....
Well, if you really fantasize - for the FIA faction would be extremely useful, an air defense pickup. In Arma 2 there was a twin AA-turret of the Dzhigit type, she it would fit perfectly on the this car.

If any of this turns out to be realized, surely not only I will be happy. In any case - thanks for your work, you are realy handsome.

Hello, i have a small suggestion to make. I wish you would make a version of the Galil ARM in 5.56, i understand that the Vektor R4 fills that niche from a gameplay perspective, but i genuinely think the Galil ARM looks so much cooler and i despise that 7.62 monstrosity that already exists in the mod. Even if just for the sake of having it (i.e. i can give it to units via the editor) i would love if there was a standard Israeli galil ARM in 5.56. Hope you consider it, i love the setting of the mod.

@lexx Hello,
so that finally some of my buddys grabbed the CDLC during the sale, we want to dive into multiplayer. For our dedicated server I wonder, if we can simply run "Western Sahara" as a mod (Western Sahara - Creator DLC Compatibility Data for Non-Owners) instead of installing a different Arma branch?
We would NOT mix with other CDLC, so we would run plain old Arma 3 standard branch + "Western Sahara - Creator DLC Compatibility Data" mod + CBA_A3 + TFAR. We are mainly interested in playing custom missions. Is this possible, or should we go with the arma branch that includes the CDLC data?

Having to switch branches instead of just not laoding a mod seems to be a pain in the a** for server management. Thanks!