Nillers

Arma 3 Creator DLC: CSLA Iron Curtain

Very nice CDLC Guys, Thanks for this! I enjoy it. Is a SP Campaigne in the works?

• Like 2

The issue with OT-62 interior happens when you run ČSLA and CUP together. The cause of this was found a resolved internally and will be in the next patch.

• Like 6

Hey all! I'm new around the place but would like to add my comments. Bought this on the day of release and I love it. The map is good, there's some unique vehicles, and a subject that I think has some real potential.

I'm not looking for conflict with anyone, but for me, it is worth £10 just for the map. £10 is not a lot of money, and when I think I've already had 15+ hours out of it, that price point per hour just gets lower and lower.

I'd like to say a massive thank you to the developers. I'd rather have the DLC in the current state rather than not at all. It's a perfect compliment to Global Mobilization and with some additional assets will see Cold War Europe thoroughly covered. That for me (and others?) is an awesome prospect! 

Edit: I would like to see some aircraft assets. A MiG-21 would be a worthy addition, this would also work across all 3 of the DLC's (GM, SOG Prairie Fire + Iron Curtain) without major amounts of conversion work. This whole project is an excellent base line onto which you can develop further.

• Like 5

buy it for the map

I see this rhetoric quite a bit and I'm genuinely interested in what you do with it? OK you explore around a bit, fly a jet or a heli over it, drive around and whatnot, perhaps plop a few units down for a skirmish. That lasts half an hour and then what?

I mean, making missions worth playing takes excruciating amount of time and effort and in the end I usually find myself not wanting to play my own missions at all because I can remember every single trigger that I placed. On the other hand, those one template fits all are terribly boring in SP, lacking any kind of immersive structure or cohesion with terrain and don't really address the prior issue either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Janez said:

I see this rhetoric quite a bit and I'm genuinely interested in what you do with it? OK you explore around a bit, fly a jet or a heli over it, drive around and whatnot, perhaps plop a few units down for a skirmish. That lasts half an hour and then what?

Some of us like me like to play OTHER game modes on good quality maps like ESCAPE or Roleplay Ravage Survival Horror on it.

It is like asking why people like to play DayZ on Chernarus or other maps, even if they will not use CUP or RHS weapons on it? The map is important as it can be customized to be fit a scenario.

For me, I am on the fence to buy this cDLC because the MAP looks amazing. The gear is OK and the gun sounds are totally MEH but there is a JSRS patch on SteamWorkshop right now that fixed 98% of that!

So if they fix the models and up the texture quality, that is just more reason for me to buy it though the MAP and setting is probably number one for me, just like how Tanoa, SOGPF and Contact was. Even GM's map can be enhanced via Eden to fill the blank areas for creating design objective areas for other mission scenarios.

• Like 1

@Valken, so basically MP? And these modes can be easily adapted to any map and fit well?

40 minutes ago, Janez said:

@Valken, so basically MP? And these modes can be easily adapted to any map and fit well?

not only MP also COOP and SP  🙂

2 hours ago, Private Evans said:

not only MP also COOP and SP  🙂

Or Pilgrimage.

9 hours ago, Janez said:

ANY game mode can be added, SP, COOP, MP, etc...

You can think of the map as alternate location for a set of missions, like what I had discussed in the Remnant thread. 

ARMA allows the editor to HIDE or ADD buildings to create new locations for example over existing maps. Every DLC so far has "compatibility data" on Steam Workshop so the models and building assets can be used in OTHER MAPs.

Only the actual usage of DLC/cDLC weapons, gear and map would be restricted to "owning" it. In the map and scenarios case, you and others must have the DLC to load it up tho, such as Tanoa, eferlingen,  Livonia, Cam Lao Nam and now Gabreta but you can use those buildings or see other players USE the DLC weapons and gear so long as they paid for it. You will see it in game, but you would have that screen spam to buy it if you tried to use it.

The gear, weapons and units are OPTIONAL to use so you can actually play 2035 era missions or Cold War missions on ALL maps, so long as you have setup the mission to do so.

Chernarus is a good example from ARMA 2 up to DayZ (which is in the near future). 

Heck we even play Malden 2035 in ARMA 3 now, and it was originally from Operation Flashpoint.

5 hours ago, Valken said:

ANY game mode can be added, SP, COOP, MP, etc...

<snip>

Obviously, not really what I'm asking, there was another paragraph in my initial post but it's OK if you already answered with this:

17 hours ago, Valken said:

Some of us like me like to play OTHER game modes on good quality maps like ESCAPE or Roleplay Ravage Survival Horror on it.

Personally, I'm not at all into whole zombie, demonic, paranormal creepiness in general but I imagine those modes you originally speak of, combined with nature of the modes, also have some modules to dynamically populate the map, spawn/despawn enemies, equipment and whatnot that perhaps makes it easier to port it to other maps.

12 hours ago, vafana said:

Or Pilgrimage.

Yeah, couple of years ago now, I tried pretty much every high profile mission out there, from Antistasi to aforementioned Pilgrimage and it's always a balance to be had between, to simplify it from design stand point, dynamic spawning and hand placing. While former method is much faster to produce results, it is also a lot less accurate then the latter. Thanks to all the authors of those missions but so far, for one reason or another, I haven't quite found something that I would play on regular basis. Therefore, fast forward to last year or so, I was really looking to Old Man but due to broken quests it all kinda fizzled out.

Anyway, I digress. I derailed this thread way too much as is. Have fun fellas!

I cant use boat on this pond (northest pond on Gabreta), it is stucked on place. Sometimes move 2 meters and then dont work again. Have anyone same problem? I tried wooden boat from CSLA CDLC and boats from vanilla game. Where I can report this bug?

20210627203627-1.jpg

Can we possibly get animated door gunners for the Blackhawk and Hip. Something similar to RHS's helos which has been great. also, ATM we cant aim with the miniguns on the Blackhawk at all.

3 hours ago, wuffman said:

I just want the terrain without the CSLA.

Doesn't work like that. 

On 6/21/2021 at 6:22 AM, Janez said:

I mean, making missions worth playing takes excruciating amount of time and effort and in the end I usually find myself not wanting to play my own missions at all because I can remember every single trigger that I placed. On the other hand, those one template fits all are terribly boring in SP, lacking any kind of immersive structure or cohesion with terrain and don't really address the prior issue either.

I agree man. Nothing against Mod/devs its just that Arma maps always have that samey feel. Like where is the vast feeling of real mountaintops or vistas with water whatever.

Basically why cant Arma have maps somewhat like (i know its different engine)

Would buy day 1 - wouldnt care what other assets were given

Singleplayer campaign Iron Curtain for CDLC CSLA: Iron Curtain has been released.

Apply your subscription here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2534376765

Note that for availability of this campaign, you need to run Arma3 with enabled CDLC CSLA: Iron Curtian and Mod CSLA - Campaign in your launcher.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 2021/7/10 at AM1点52分, EMSI said:

CDLC CSLA: Iron Curtain 的单人战役 Iron Curtain已经发布。

在此处申请您的订阅:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2534376765

请注意,要获得此战役的可用性,您需要在启动器中使用启用的 CDLC CSLA:Iron Curtian 和 Mod CSLA - 战役运行 Arma3。

Hi, it's a perfect campaign.

But I had a small problem with the first mission. It was back to normal in the second mission.

20210710232337-1.jpg

Strange as this is only the intro. Are you able to replicate it w/o any other addons/Mods?

3 hours ago, EMSI said:

Strange as this is only the intro. Are you able to replicate it w/o any other addons/Mods?

Thanks, problem solved😀. After trying to uninstall some mods, I found conflicting mods. loading RKSL Studios - Attachments v3.02 creates the above problem.

• Thanks 1

You defenetely should update your main file on steam by adding the campaign to it instead of providing it as an extra mod... a lot of people will miss it otherwise

keep it up 🙂

Unfortunately this is not possible from various reasons.

Well then you should at least link and advertise it on the store page so that people know that there is a proper sp campaign made by the same devs.  The devs from Prarie Fire are also advertising everything, even a third party game mode mod... so...you should too 🙂

I played through the first 6 missions today and I am absolutely having a blast...this is exactly what I was hoping for. The realistic and authentic feel of the map combined with this very immersiv and also authentic feeling story is really great and fun ! 

PS:  would be cool if you could include the czech voice pack 🙂

This campaign is highly recommended !! Finished it a few minutes ago....and it is exactly what I hoped for !

thx a lot for your hard work !

PS : For me as someone playing Arma SP most of the time, out of the box this CDLC including the campaign of course,  was a much better deal for me than the higly praised Prairie Fire.

• Like 5

On 7/14/2021 at 10:55 PM, Private Evans said:

This campaign is highly recommended !! Finished it a few minutes ago....and it is exactly what I hoped for !

thx a lot for your hard work !

PS : For me as someone playing Arma SP most of the time, out of the box this CDLC including the campaign of course,  was a much better deal for me than the higly praised Prairie Fire.

For me, I didn't buy PF because of reports that the map is not AI friendly (theyon't path well across the map), and all the content is for MP. I don't have time for MP.

So I wonder, does the AI handle moving around on this map well? Do others agree that the campaign is relatively good?

How much of the assets are direct arma2 ports? I see the lav-25 has an interior now, which is great... Are the other vehicles that appear to be Arma 2 ports enhanced in any way (proper interiors, higher poly model, etc)? If so, which ones?

Balance wise, how do the vehicles play with vanilla A3 units, or GM units?

I looked at the assets via the compatibility data set which is FREE on Steam Workshop and it is OK.

The weapon sounds are in dire need of improvement relative to standard ARMA 3, CUP, GM or even CWR sounds (comparing cold war period mods and content).

There is a JSRS compatibility mod that greatly improves it on Steam Work Shop already.

The terrain is beautiful though from all the videos I have seen. 

Most of the buildings are open, but could still use some improvements like re-using the opened and improved Livonia buildings (hospital with all floors opened for example) with new textures to fit the terrain, the CONTACT buildings are free to use and already loaded with ARMA 3.

Even CUP terrains have started to migrate the buildings to the Livonia ones. 

I think a mod that swaps buildings can be used here.

I have not played it yet so am waiting for all the bug fixes before buying, but I will eventually.

Someone with TPW mod and this cDLC should comment about AI pathing since the mod can dynamical spawn environmental AI and animals for ambiance. 

If someone created a CWR compatible ESCAPe mission pack across CRW, CUP, GM and CSLA terrains,  I would be all over it. Even if I have to play it hosted mode myself.