Sign in to follow this  
stgn

C7a1 vs  m16a3

What is the differens why does many contrys chose c7 over m16 they are mostly the same.

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ Feb. 05 2003,08:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is the differens why does many contrys chose c7 over m16 they are mostly the same.

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

It boils down to three words:

MADE IN CANADA

biggrin.gif

Very funny  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  mad.gif no what is the differnce betwen them is it the price or what.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ Feb. 05 2003,09:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very funny  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  mad.gif no what is the differnce betwen them is it the price or what.<span id='postcolor'>

Honestly, I will likely let Assault(can) answer this, since he is familiar with the C7.

My half assed guess is that because the Canadian dollar is worth less than the US dollar, it is cheaper to buy.

I read... in Jagged Alliance 2 tounge.gif... that the C7 also has something to allow left handed shooters to fire without shell casings flying in their face after they fire

It was the M16A2 that introdused that.

STGN

i think that the C7 is just a licensed built m16a2 with a modified trigger group

i'm not canadian, but the only differences i know are that C7 is full auto and that it's built by Diemaco. smile.gif

Differences:

Fullauto instead of burst

Built by Diemaco

Different looking mag

I think it has a slower rate of fire

Made in Canada smile.gif

Both the USGI aluminum magazine and the Thermold plastic magazine will work in either weapon.

The Canadian military happens to use Thermold magazines, but the magazine wells of both weapons are identical.

I believe also that scopes are standard. At least that's the impression I got from a friend who had a short career in the reserves.

Canada probably had their good lookin women sell the rifles tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 05 2003,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Canada probably had their good lookin women sell the rifles tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which one Exactly? smile.gif

The C-7 series of rifles are identical to M16 series rifles other than some of the option packages (which can be applied to any M16 rifle as well)

Same tooling, same design, different manurfacturer.

the "different looking" magazines that someone mentioned are simply Thermolds.

Pics of C-7s usually show a Thermold mag in the rifle because Canada uses thermolds, USGI mags will work just the same.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Honestly, I will likely let Assault(can) answer this, since he is familiar with the C7.<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif

Basically, there is no 'real' difference that I am aware of, other than the manufacturer. I do know that British special forces (Paras, R. Marines, SAS, I forget which) chose the C7 over the M-16 line from Colt because the C7 was built better and jammed less. Why? I honestly don't know. But they did do a series of tests and chose the C7, so there is a slight difference.

Possibly because our weapons are all made at one factory, to one standard. Other than that, I don't know, but I'll see what I can dig up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Canadian military happens to use Thermold magazines, but the magazine wells of both weapons are identical.<span id='postcolor'>

False:True.

Thermold mags aren't good for what the military uses them for, mags see alot of abuse in the military. During my time in, I havent ever seen one thermold mag. Basically, the feed lips on the thermold mags began to break after a bit of use, so we switched to U.S. made 30 rounders. As far as I know, Diemaco still issues thermold mags along with an order of C7/C7A1/C8...etc rifles from a country or L.E. org.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe also that scopes are standard.<span id='postcolor'>

'Optical sight' if you want to get technical, 3.4x isn't powerful enough to be considered a 'scope'. You can mount just about any kind of optic you want on the C7A1. C7A1's come standard from the factory with an Elcan C79 optic and a backup 'iron' sight. However, the older 'iron sight' C7's are still in the system and have'nt been oficially replaced by the C7A1, both are considered the same in CF circles and as far as I know, Reg force soldiers can choose which ones they want.

From the Diemace site:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Canadian Forces selected the Colt M16 Rifle (M16) and the FN Minimi Light Machine gun (LMG) as the basis for their new family of Small Arms. The M16 was selected for its preferred user qualities (lightness, ease of maintenance, low recoil). However, design improvements and updated TDP drawings and processes were deemed necessary by the Canadian Forces to improve the weapons’ reliability and barrel life. Diemaco, on behalf of the Canadian Forces, made these improvements. The resulting improved weapons developed were the C7 Rifle, C8 Carbine, C7 and C8 Flat Top Optically Sighted Rifle and Carbine and C7 Light Support Weapon.<span id='postcolor'>

C7A1 w/ both the Elcan and backup sight mounted.

sal-c7a1.gif

The C7 pic was posted before.

HTH

Tyler

For anyone that may want to try the C-rifles in OFP you can download them at our site. We have the C7, C7A1, C7M203 (Shoots smoke grenades too) C8 Carbine, C8A1, C9, C9A1, C6. The pack also includes the C3A1, Mcmillan .50 cal, Remington 870 Shotgun, MP5 Navy, and the Eryx rocket launcher.

I played with the c7 (on ofp) and I just loved it. Me likes the elcan sight very much. biggrin.gif

I just have a thing for optical sights...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(Paras, R. Marines, SAS, I forget which) chose the C7 over the M-16 line from Colt because the C7 was built better and jammed less.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought they used SA80? Maybe you got mixed up with Dutch forces? Cuz they use em. British paras look a bit like our 11th airmobile brigade, and our marines work extensively with british ones. Maybe I'm wrong... confused.gif

Comparing two weapons which are basically the same?

Scopes are cheating anyways crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 06 2003,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I played with the c7 (on ofp) and I just loved it. Me likes the elcan sight very much.  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(Paras, R. Marines, SAS, I forget which) chose the C7 over the M-16 line from Colt because the C7 was built better and jammed less.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought they used SA80? Maybe you got mixed up with Dutch forces? Cuz they use em. British paras look a bit like our 11th airmobile brigade, and our marines work extensively with british ones. Maybe I'm wrong...  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well not every soldier has a C7 as fare as I know but they are in youse prob. because they are lighter and a little more accurate than SA-80 on long ranges. plus it aint a bullpup design.

STGN

Only way to find out is to put all of them on table and shoot 100s of rounds each of them. The gun that feels comfortable and shoots accurately in your hand is the best. That is matter of preference. Rest is theory.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ Feb. 06 2003,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 06 2003,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I played with the c7 (on ofp) and I just loved it. Me likes the elcan sight very much.  biggrin.gif

I thought they used SA80? Maybe you got mixed up with Dutch forces? Cuz they use em. British paras look a bit like our 11th airmobile brigade, and our marines work extensively with british ones. Maybe I'm wrong...  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well not every soldier has a C7 as fare as I know but they are in youse prob. because they are lighter and a little more accurate than SA-80 on long ranges. plus it aint a bullpup design.

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

The SA80 is more accurate than the M-16 series because of its longer heavier barrel.

The SAS use the M-16 series and some Para and Marine groups because they are considered more reliable and the safety catch and other working parts don't make as much noise.

Completely unrelated to the M16 or C7, I heard from tests thats the SA-80 falls apart when you fire it. Lack of Design?