W0lle

Cold War Rearmed III

That's up to Stagler, but in general it's always hard to decide if the color is correct (or not) based on a photo or screenshot because it depends a lot on which camera is used, what monitor and if it's calibrated or not.

Update on a Tuesday (very uncommon):
All our bonus terrains - Canard, Drachenfels, Eilte, Poseidon, Saint Adam and Saint David - do not require CWR III anymore.
CUP Terrains is the only requirement now.

• Like 12

It's this time of the year again... Merry Christmas from the Cold War Rearmed III Team! 🎅

Main Modification

Apart from a lot of minor bug fixes and reorganization of objects:

ADDED : '80s US Infantry
ADDED : M901 ITV
ADDED : M939, Ural and V3S MedEvac variants
ADDED : Rebels on East and West side
CHNGD : Desert units and vehicles are in their own faction (cwr3_faction_usa_des)
CHNGD : Lots of texture upgrades and improvements
CHNGD : Static weapons can be packed into one backpack

British Armed Forces Expansion
ADDED : Mk6 Helmets
ADDED : New uniform models thanks to Trento and Simcardo and the QAC team
CHNGD : Static weapons can be packed into one backpack
CHNGD : Texture tweaks and improvements

USMC Expansion
ADDED : '80s US Marines
ADDED : LVTP7 Assault Amphibious Vehicle
ADDED : M65 uniforms
CHNGD : Lots of texture upgrades and improvements

Tonali Defense Forces Expansion
ADDED : Ural MedEvacs for both factions
FIXED : Missing rvmats error fixed when using Ural vehicles

Please also see the 'official' Resistance campaign by lamasutra/xbladecz. :-)

Edited by W0lle
Added link to Resistance campaign
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Congratulations on the release guys - can't wait to play the resistance campaign!

Hi, I will create own thread for the Resistance campaign, probably on tuesday.

It will be dedicated to new releases, bugs and enhancements.

• Like 4

Minor update which adds some new units and fixing a couple of issues. 🙂

Mod
ADDED : Grave cross for Viktor Troska
ADDED : Heavy Machine Gunners
CHNGD : Soviet uniforms have khaki field insignia by default (Battlefield is no parade ground)

Expansion TDF

Expansion USMC
FIXED : AV-8B was unable to fire countermeasures (and broke the CUP one as well)

Expansion UK
FIXED : Vehicle rvmat and mipmap tweaks

Expansion VDV
ADDED : Heavy Machine Gunner
ADDED : Separate M69 barracks uniforms with colored insignia

Expansion VMF
ADDED : Heavy Machine Gunner

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, W0lle said:

ADDED : Grave cross for Viktor Troska

Well, I guess that answers the question for possible Resistance sequel...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Hi, I found out that for the M1A1s in cold war era IRL, the gunner's primary sight only has 3X and 10X when magnified.

Minor update, mostly bugfixes as most of the team is busy with life these days.

CWR III Mod
ADDED : Editor placeable Scud missile (not perfect yet)
CHNGD : Increased nuke to 10 kilotons. It's still a small explosion just looks better.
CHNGD : Removed additional pointless proxies added to PT-76
FIXED : Attempt to fix Zeus problems with Rebel units
FIXED : Bug with low LOD MiG-23/27 variable wings

Tonal Defense Forces
ADDED : Flag poles for both factions

British Armed Forces
ADDED : '85 Infantry editor groups
FIXED : Attempt to fix ACE turret error experienced by a discord user

@HBAOplus

Maybe one day this will be fixed, depending on how much effort it takes. But as always, realism is not one of the goals of the mod.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I am about to create CWR dedicated server on Arma3 and I would like to get hands on .pbo files directly (not via Steam). So is this content somewhere directly available for download?

2 hours ago, yannara said:

I am about to create CWR dedicated server on Arma3 and I would like to get hands on .pbo files directly (not via Steam). So is this content somewhere directly available for download? 

Hey Yannara,

I don't know if the files can be downloaded directly - have to defer to W0lle on that - but you might be able to grab them using a Steam Workshop downloader tool.

https://github.com/NeutronX-dev/WorkshopDownloader/

Alternatively, you might be able to subscribe to the mods on another PC and then just copy the folders over. I don't know if that trick still works, but might be worth a shot.

Good luck!

In the early days we had the files on our server, which recently died. If you still need the pbo files I can upload them into cloud storage. Might take some time though as I'm super busy with RL stuff currently.

Thanks friends! Problem is, that my gaming machine stores pbo very randomly all over the place, so I can't locate them. Checked under username\appdata\arma and under steamapps\arma\mpmissions already. I try that tool. 

EDIT: Nope, that tool does not work anymore, it just crashes when entering ID or url.

6 hours ago, yannara said:

my gaming machine stores pbo very randomly all over the place, so I can't locate them

That's interesting. If you've subscribed to mods, you should be able to grab their content from the !Workshop folder in your Arma 3 directory. That should be the default folder unless you've configured it differently (if that's even possible?).

On my PC, for example, it's located here:

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop

Obviously you'll need to change that folder path to whatever your PC uses. Regardless, you should have sub-folders in there with all the mods you've subscribed to. Compositions and missions go somewhere else (I can't remember off top of my head), but the core mod files should be in there, .e.g. @Cold War Rearmed III.

If your files really are "all over the place", this might help you locate them:

1. Open "This PC"
  2. Type *.pbo in the search bar in the top right.
  3. Click search/tap enter.
  4. Give it some time for the search results to come up
  5. Right-click one of the found PBO files and select "Open this file location".

6 hours ago, yannara said:

Nope, that tool does not work anymore, it just crashes when entering ID or url.

Sorry to hear that. I haven't used that tool for some time, so it's probably out of date. There are other Steam Workshop downloaders out there, you might just have to Google them.

Let us know if you still need any help, I'll be happy to help where we can.

Ahh, thanks for help, OFP missions and nostalgia back are saved as mod and as single file. I was haunting single mission files. Thanks for help!

4 minutes ago, yannara said:

Ahh, thanks for help, OFP missions and nostalgia back are saved as mod and as single file. I was haunting single mission files. Thanks for help!

Of course bro, happy to help 😎

Late reply, been too busy with other stuff. I wil provide the Mod files on Cloud storage as quickly as possible. Problem is that my pbo files are newer than the Steam ones, so I need to revert my files first to the last official release date.

Here we go:

Cold War Rearmed III Mod

Edited by W0lle
Added download links
  • Like 2

Hey W0lle, I was wondering is there a chance that the Soviets could receive another update to their uniforms? Feels a little odd for all of them to have their shirts untucked. Maybe having versions of both the garrison and field with their shirts tucked and untucked in a future update? Thanks, love the mod!

• Like 1

Unlikely, there's already more Soviet uniforms then ever planned. And my interest in Soviet stuff has strangely decreased massively lately. 🤔

• Like 2

After a long time, a new update for the mod and all extensions. Unfortunately without any significant new content but some bug fixes and minor improvements.

After months away from Arma and a temporary breakdown of our repository I have lost track of what has been done in detail. Therefore no changelog this time. Yes, it's getting worse and worse. 😀

The problem that some units/objects are not available in Zeus should - hopefully - be fixed. At least for the most part. If something is still missing, please specify what it is.
A report with "Some objects are not available in Zeus" doesn't really help locating the issue when you have hundreds of objects.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

cwr3-xmas.jpg

We wish all fans, supporters and contributors a happy and peaceful Christmas and happy holidays. :xmas:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Wolle!

Happy New Year to the CWR3 team and the Arma community at large. 🍻

Let's make 2024 more "fuck yeah" and less "fuck this" lol.

• Like 1

Just a minor Mod update:

FIXED : The capacity of the ammunition boxes was too small, so that not all of the added weapons were actually included
ADDED : Backpacks to all military wheeled and tracked vehicles
ADDED : Ural MedEvac for the Rebels (East)
ADDED : V3S MedEvac for the Rebels (West)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hello, I apologize for the slight offtopic but I downloaded the CWR2 mod from mr. Wolle's onedrive that I found on reddit. It had everything, even the resistance campaign but no main flashpoint campaign.

I am looking everywhere for the cwr2_1985.pbo campaign file (and possibly other missions and maybe red hammer if it exists). But I am really focused on the 1985 campaign. 

Does anybody have it maybe and could share it with me please? I would be very very grateful. 

Thank you in adavce! All the best.