Sign in to follow this  
VXR

Ballistic addon studio update

I hope that if someone decides to make an enemy pack it will have the same .cpp scripting as the NAMPACK 2, those units are great and i really enjoy the fights.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 28 2003,13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not our H-53, youd have to ask scorpio<span id='postcolor'>

Um, OK, but I actually meant IRL.

They hve a door minigun, yes?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 28 2003,13:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 28 2003,13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not our H-53, youd have to ask scorpio<span id='postcolor'>

Um, OK, but I actually meant IRL.

They hve a door minigun, yes?<span id='postcolor'>

i believe so, and GAU-15/16's

next we dont know yet what to make after the seals...

maybe russians or iraq troops or maybe new marines?

we dont know yet but what do you people want?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skaven @ Jan. 28 2003,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are also thinking on starting an enemy pack, don't know when, but we already thought about it, maybe Russians.<span id='postcolor'>

Um....not to point out the obvious...but for modern day Delta and Ranger units wouldn't the obvious enemy being some kind of Al-Quaeda terrorists of some sort? I mean don't get me wrong. I think the current war on terror thing is getting way out of hand and I disaprove of alot of stuff my country is doing, but I think a nice pack of Middle Eastern looking terrorists would be good to have and vastly more realistic then fighting Russians who are now (more or less) friends of the US. Also such a pack could be used by mission makers to simulate the Afghanistan War fought by the Russians as well as for other Middle East conflicts (like for simulating Hezbollah troops) if the new units are made as general-purpose Middle East terrorists and maybe with some conventional Arab army forces used to simulate Iraqi forces for example.

Vit and Christoph have created some Middle Eastern units, but they are rather basic and I'm sure you guys could make much better versions. This I think would be much more realistic then having Russians or Chinese as the opposing force if you are trying to simulate modern-day conflicts that U.S. Special Operations are currently involved in.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 28 2003,15:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skaven @ Jan. 28 2003,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are also thinking on starting an enemy pack, don't know when, but we already thought about it, maybe Russians.<span id='postcolor'>

Um....not to point out the obvious...but for modern day Delta and Ranger units wouldn't the obvious enemy being some kind of Al-Quaeda terrorists of some sort?   I mean don't get me wrong.  I think the current war on terror thing is getting way out of hand and I disaprove of alot of stuff my country is doing, but I think a nice pack of Middle Eastern looking terrorists would be good to have and vastly more realistic then fighting Russians who are now (more or less) friends of the US.  Also such a pack could be used by mission makers to simulate the Afghanistan War fought by the Russians as well as for other Middle East conflicts (like for simulating Hezbollah troops) if the new units are made as general-purpose Middle East terrorists and maybe with some conventional Arab army forces used to simulate Iraqi forces for example.  

Vit and Christoph have created some Middle Eastern units, but they are rather basic and I'm sure you guys could make much better versions.   This I think would be much more realistic then having Russians or Chinese as the opposing force if you are trying to simulate modern-day conflicts that U.S. Special Operations are currently involved in.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

true, i also want something like a Iraq as enemy, it would be great in the game wink.gif

Well the AlQaeda wound't be a big challandge to make if you know what I mean, but I supose we'll probably make a couple of them wink.gif

As for the Iraq, well that is a nice enemy to make, it's packed with Armoured Vehicles and nice models to make, maybe we'll do it,however Tigershark as to decide that.

We have the Seals to finnish first, Wetwork is making an incredable work on them too, if you guys like our Rangers and Delta than I'm sure you'll like the Seals too biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Drool! Oh baby!

What sort of loadouts do the Pave Low and its variants carry? <span id='postcolor'>

I don't belive that this ch53 chopper screen shot should have been released yet. But I haven't talked with Scorpio to verify this. This chopper is not finished and still needs a lot of work.

The chopper has no weapons and will be for transport only.

I have found that releasing screen shots to early only causes problems and puts more pressure on the developers of the model which can lead to cutting corners.

Capt Moore

a ship where the troops can start with a helo that can land

like TOWs' but then smaller and not that bug where u sink in the ship ...

It looks like some of thsoe could be released today! But take your time... they better be good because I think I don't have any saliva left.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Jan. 28 2003,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It looks like some of thsoe could be released today! But take your time... they better be good because I think I don't have any saliva left.<span id='postcolor'>

the units themselves are, we are just finishing up on weapons and a few small bits

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bosniarat @ Jan. 28 2003,06:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the Pilots Model are you going to place a Leg map case? But anyways Thanks for the Updates biggrin.gif Cant wait to use the Deltas and the Rangers.

HOOOAAAH!<span id='postcolor'>

If TS asks for a map case, then there'll be a map case on the leg and whatever else is needed. Don't worry, I'll make the pilot as detailed as Skaven and I made the Rangers and Delta.

What about some Somalia soldiers as enemy well actualy not soldiers but skinny's like in Black Hawk Down maybe SelactThis can make a map somalia for us wink.gif

we dont know about making maps yet smile.gif for the somalia soldiers.. maybe we didnt decide whats next

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Jan. 28 2003,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about some Somalia soldiers as enemy well actualy not soldiers but skinny's like in Black Hawk Down maybe SelactThis can make a map somalia for us  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Making Somalies is easily done without using any addons. Just use the setface commands and select the black faces that come with the game (I think it's face33 and face49 if I remember correctly). The only negative thing is that they can't carry RPG's... so perhaps at least a Somali RPG gunner would be nice. Also various groups are already working on "technicals". The main thing that is needed is a good Somalia map with a large city simulating Mogadishu in it (With the Resistance apartment buildings simulating the Olympic hotel). Even better if it has retextured desert buildings in the same manner as many of the jungle maps use retextured buildings.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 28 2003,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we dont know about making maps yet smile.gif for the somalia soldiers.. maybe we didnt decide whats next<span id='postcolor'>

At least make an opponent that has more advanced weapons than a few AK-47's and a couple of rpg's.

North Korea could be something. But it might be hard to get info about the weapons they use. That would at least be something you haven't played before.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Llauma @ Jan. 28 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 28 2003,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we dont know about making maps yet smile.gif for the somalia soldiers.. maybe we didnt decide whats next<span id='postcolor'>

At least make an opponent that has more advanced weapons than a few AK-47's and a couple of rpg's.

North Korea could be something. But it might be hard to get info about the weapons they use. That would at least be something you haven't played before.<span id='postcolor'>

Iraq has nice weapons wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Llauma @ Jan. 28 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 28 2003,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we dont know about making maps yet smile.gif for the somalia soldiers.. maybe we didnt decide whats next<span id='postcolor'>

North Korea could be something. But it might be hard to get info about the weapons they use. That would at least be something you haven't played before.<span id='postcolor'>

Many guerilla armies in modern conflicts have been quite successful against modern conventional armies armed with little more then AK's,PK's, hand grenades, explosives, RPGs, and if they're lucky mortars and rockets. From your icon and signature tag, I assume you know something of Latin American revolutions.

I agree, North Korean forces might be interesting. It might be tough finding good pics of their current forces.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well they all look great, I think you already knew this before you posted the pics so there isnt really any reason to tell you that I like em. biggrin.gif

As for enemy units I vote for Russians. I think it is much better to stick to a fictional war than trying to recreate a real one, just my opinion, especially with the limits of the ofp engine.

P.S. I remember you mentioning maybe some Army Special Forces units in some obscure thread, I would like to see those. New Marines would be nice too, the old TOW Marines were very good but very basic. But more than anything I just want your CHOPPERS!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ Jan. 28 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for enemy units I vote for Russians.  I think it is much better to stick to a fictional war than trying to recreate a real one<span id='postcolor'>

true.. but BAS is making up to date troops so a up to date war wouldnt be bad wink.gif

Guest jacobaby

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 28 2003,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Jan. 28 2003,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about some Somalia soldiers as enemy well actualy not soldiers but skinny's like in Black Hawk Down maybe SelactThis can make a map somalia for us  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Making Somalies is easily done without using any addons.  Just use the setface commands and select the black faces that come with the game (I think it's face33 and face49 if I remember correctly).   The only negative thing is that they can't carry RPG's... so perhaps  at least a Somali RPG gunner would be nice.   Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Not strictly true Chris.

I remember way back getting those faces for you biggrin.gif

If I remember correctly you can use the Fake civvies model, and they will carry an RPG.

TJ