Sign in to follow this  
VXR

Ballistic addon studio update

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 30 2003,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">be patient they will be there in a few days<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Vixer, just curious any respone to my earlier question about making modern day basic us infantry or usmc....

also ne update on Suchey's marines?

Just army please, Suchey's already making some neat marines, besides, making army units shouldn't be (for them, right?) that difficult. They wouldn't have to make a new model, just modify the ranger one a little bit, that goes for the textures too. But hell, I've said this before. It seems that everybody's want to have more SF's instead of reg's.  sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Jan. 31 2003,00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just army please, Suchey's already making some neat marines, besides, making army units shouldn't be (for them, right?) that difficult. They wouldn't have to make a new model, just modify the ranger one a little bit, that goes for the textures too. But hell, I've said this before. It seems that everybody's want to have more SF's instead of reg's.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

PETITION FOR BALLISTIC TO DO MODERN DAY US ARMY TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifwow.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Our soon to be released pack seems to have generated a bit of excitement around the community. Thanks for all the comments, praise, feedback and constructive criticism.

The Rangers and Deltas are in the final stages of completion. We have a newly modelled M249 SAW we need to texture (previously using TOW's M249) and we are putting some finishing touches to all the units (authentic Ranger camo face textures that you place on your unit with the "setface" command). They shouldn't be too far away till release. We are aiming for Monday but THIS IS NOT A PROMISE!!!. If we find something that will compromise the quality of the addon we WILL push the release date out.

The Ranger/Delta Mission Dev Kit will contain:

-3 pbos (1 weapons pbo, 1 woodland unit pbo, 1 desert unit pbo)

-Readme File

-Several Missions (by Master mission maker Nagual) for both the Rangers and Deltas (Rangers will have a Woodland Ranger and Desert Ranger Mission

-Code Snippets text file (by Nagual) that will contain class names, and cut&paste code snippets for such things as: populating ammo crates with BAS weapons, making BAS weapons available during your briefing, how to control goggles using script, etc.

-Several screenshots of units in action

The weapons contained in the BAS Weapons pack (which will continue to be updated and refined as new weapons are developed and tested by us) are:

M4 SOPMOD ACOG

M4 SOPMOD ACOG w/ M203 Grenade Launcher

M4 SOPMOD ACOG w/ MasterKey Shotgun

M4 SOPMOD REFLEX w/ MasterKey Shotgun

M4 SOPMOD REFLEX

M4 SOPMOD AIMPOINT

M4 SOPMOD ACOG (Knights Suppressor/Silencer equipped)

M4 SOPMOD ACOG w/ M203 Grenade Launcher (Knights Suppressor/Silencer equipped)

M4 SOPMOD REFLEX (Knights Suppressor/Silencer equipped)

M4 SOPMOD AIMPOINT (Knights Suppressor/Silencer equipped)

Note: Some M4 variants are available as Camouflaged Desert Tan versions for Desert Troops.

M14 AIMPOINT

M24SWS Sniper Rifle

M24SWS Sniper Rifle w/ Night Vision

H&K MP5-SD6 AIMPOINT (Supressed)

M249 Squad Automatic Weapon

US SOCOM (unknown if this will make it for release...maybe a future BAS weapons upgrade)

AT4 Launcher

Satcom (not functional yet!!! Will simply add a comm radio to the soldier)

One Word...

Sweet. I can't wait to try out that M14/Aimpoint Config

Thumbs up for BAS icon14.gificon14.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">M24SWS Sniper Rifle w/ Night Vision<span id='postcolor'>

Does the night vision scope really work as a night vision device? Or does the sniper have NV goggles to simulate the effect?

Yes, there are two things we didn't find out how to do yet, and I think I never saw anyone doing it, which is sad because it could had a lot to our game.

One is how to make custom NVGs, and I mean fully working.

And the second are the Binoculars.

With the great addons being made lately, some custom NVGs and Binoculars would be a great addiction to our game, maybe someone eventually will learn how to make them wink.gif

Some of the new weapons sound really great....

But here comes another dozen M4's..... crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (andy_aws @ Jan. 31 2003,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some of the new weapons sound really great....

But here comes another dozen M4's..... crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well, yes, but at the minute there arent M4's out that simulate the SOPMOD and the sights properly, so to have realistic Deltas/rangers they need these M4's

Yes more M4s tounge.gif. But this pack also comes with high quality custom units using those weapons so that probably makes them more usefull...

wink.gif

Could you put in a normal M4 and a M4 + M203?? That way people can (if they want to) remove some of the other M4 packs since they then would have the two "normal/basic" M4's and the SOPMOD's in one pbo, which is basicly what people wants. At least i would think so.

very nice to see those guys in action keep up the good work

hope to see those guys on my hard drive soon biggrin.gifwink.gif

well, the thing is....i believe (from talking to some real life army guys at bas) they wouldnt use just an m4 + M203 if they had the chance, otherwise we just would have made an M4 + M203, depending on different situations they would use a variety of scopes/silencers/lasers/vertical grips/SOPMOD/M203/Masterkey attachments, as i said to make a realistic ranger/delta pack we need these weapons, and they are all in one pbo, and future weapons will go in this pbo so mission makers wont have to hunt out .pbo's

Ok it was just a thought since a lot of people where complaining about another m4 pack. Also i would have thought that the rangers used the two normal versions, since they also use the normal m16 and m16 + M203. Or at least have. Dont know if they changed weapons.

from what ive heard theyve switched to the M4 SOPMOD, most of the US army is switching the M4 i've been told instead of going on to the M16A3/4

ok, just talked with our guy on the inside, and the 75th regiment (one of the ranger regiments) has adopted the reflex sight, so they are standard issue on all M4's and are also fitted to M249's occasionally

A reflex sight on a SAW? Unless you were gonna be using it for CQB, but who knows. I always thought the 75th mounted ELCANs and ACOGs on their M249s and M240s.

I hope this is still a release on monday...i've been waiting a long time for these...:-)

I can wait a bit longer, actually I'd prefer that the Rangers and the MH-60s were released together. That would rock.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Feb. 02 2003,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can wait a bit longer, actually I'd prefer that the Rangers and the MH-60s were released together. That would rock.<span id='postcolor'>

id want whatever they had monday, who cares if they are released together, gives you something to look forward too

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Feb. 01 2003,17:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok, just talked with our guy on the inside, and the 75th regiment (one of the ranger regiments) has adopted the reflex sight, so they are standard issue on all M4's and are also fitted to M249's occasionally<span id='postcolor'>

Since you mentioned it. Is there a chance to see a m249 with the reflex tounge.gifsmile.gif