Sign in to follow this  
VXR

Ballistic addon studio update

1/27/2003 - Lack of updates | Posted by Tigershark

Been getting a few emails about the lack of updates on the site. Let me explain something.

A while back, in several forums, we were criticised for showing pics of stuff which were far from release. People complained that we built them up only to be let down with a 1-2 month release date. As a result we chose to limit our news updates to curb the criticism aimed at us.

So...it is our policy from now on to only update news when there have been significant breakthroughs or the unit/vehicle is close to completion. My apologies to those who like regular updates. Complain to your brethren in the forums for this change in policy.

Having said that, I have some updates for our fans.

Delta Force and Ranger MDK (Mission Development Kit)

============================================================

Our Deltas and Rangers are a matter of days away from release. We have some beautiful textures on these units and they will come in both Desert and Woodland Camo versions. I will release details of the individual units in the upcoming days.

They will be shipped with a BAS Weapons pack which will include custom M4's, AT4's and SAWs (all modeled by BAS). They will be modern day Rangers and Deltas....that is to say they will not be the same Rangers and Deltas you see from the Blackhawk Down era. However they will be suitable for BH Down type missions I am sure. Again, more details on the exact composition of weapons will be released soon.

As usual our Master Mission Maker Nagual will ship a series custom missions with the Kit that will allow you to immediately use the Rangers and Deltas without delay.

DesDelta1.jpg

Updated SOAR Pilots and MH-47E/MH-6

==========================================

We are working on some more accurate SOAR pilots to replace the ones currently shipped with the MH-47E and Littebirds. See pic below. Once these units are finished we will be releasing the new MH-47E and slightly updated MH-6 pack.

http://www.concept-5.com/ballist....es2.jpg

MH-60L

==============

Delay is entirely my fault....not enough time to texture...not sure of release date but it has not been abandoned!!

McDonnell Douglas 500MD

==============================

Due to popular demand we plan to release a civilian version of the Littlebird. All the planks and military hardware will be stripped off the bird and it will come with a basic red texture. This addon will be mainly for people out there who wish to reskin a helo into a police version, private helo for a rich media magnate or.....whatever. Seats will not be placed in the back but the player will be able hang off the sides of the helo in the back. Will come with the basic OFP Pilot model. You will need to create your own civilian pilot for the helo.

Missions Page

===================

We are planning on creating an area on the BAS site to host missions that have been made specifically with our addons. If you feel you have a decent mission please email it to me with an accurate readme explaining the mission type and description.

Over the coming weeks Nagual will continue to place some of his more advanced and complex missions up there for your enjoyment.

That's about it...we have been really busy and I wish I could share with some of the AWESOME work the team has been creating.....but they will come to light soon as they get closer to completion.

We also have new team members in Col. Klink (modeling and textures), Ebud (textures), TJ (scripting) and Damocles (co producer, QA, special consulting).

Although the updates slowed down we never did......a bumper crop of quality addons is on the way :-)

On the Pilots Model are you going to place a Leg map case? But anyways Thanks for the Updates biggrin.gif Cant wait to use the Deltas and the Rangers.

HOOOAAAH!

It needs more feeling, Bosniarat!

hooah.gif

Looks great, keep up the good work. Any screens of the CH53?

No no screens of the H53s yet... We want to have it skinned and near release before releasing screenshots smile.gif

That is not the BAS CH-53E, Col Klink is making ours, the one in that screenshot is scorpios, there are no shots of ours yet, there wont be till its nearly finished, its looking very good though smile.gif

also that pic is 178kb, you might want to change it to a url before you get told off...

Well, he did say 'the' CH-53E not 'a', but anyway, some new shots for you:

Desert Rangers

rangers_d_3.jpg

Woodland Ranger

rangers_w_1.jpg

and hell.....a weapon screenie for ya. M4 SOPMOD with Aimpoint M2 Red Dot Scope, AN/PEQ2 Infrared pointer/designator, and Masterkey system

weapons_3.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZLOY @ Jan. 28 2003,08:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when are you guys gonna relase them ??<span id='postcolor'>

in a few days

Why not do modelled knee pads instead of textured?

Maybe the animation makes it look ugly.. Well does it?

It doesnt work because the pads are at an animation point of the leg...it looks worse than textured......trust me...we've looked into it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tigershark @ Jan. 28 2003,09:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It doesnt work because the pads are at an animation point of the leg...it looks worse than textured......trust me...we've looked into it.<span id='postcolor'>

Too bad. But it looks great anyhow.

I have an idea I am testing right now.

If you remake the original glasses model (brejle) you have in the soldier model so it looks like for an example ski-glasses.

Then you could choose in the player setup wether you want to have them on the model or not.

It would only work properly with that specific unit but it would be cool.

You could also make several different textured helmets.

Just define the units helmet as brejle.

This idea should be tested. So far my own testings looks promising.

I think you guys are gonna like our work, they surely took us a lot of time, they will be using a lot of weapons, like the M14 Amipoint, the SAW a lot of M4s, a new MP5 Aimpoint...

I think we are satisfied with our work, and I hope to see you guys satisfied too biggrin.gif

*runs to chamge underwear*

Those Rangers look awesome! Not to mention the weapons! WOW!

They look amazing. Can't wait to test them.

The problem these units bring is that we need a good enemy unit pack. Is anyone making them?

There are alot of great addon makers out there so why not combine there skills to make a opponent force to the BAS pack?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 28 2003,06:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and slightly updated MH-6 pack.<span id='postcolor'>

Will there be new animation for the guys sitting on the out side of the MH6?? Something with the weapon in a ready to fire position, pressed againt the shoulder aiming. Kinda like this.

15a21.jpg

Also i just saw the picture of the AT-4 on you website

rangers_w_2.jpg

and it looks great. But it has the aiming devices open when its on the back. Is the this a beta or is going to released like this??

What i where thinking about is if you could make it kinda like the law is in NAM pack 2. In the nam pack its closed when on the back and opens when you select it as weapon. But you already knows that since a lot of you have been working on it. But with your AT-4 it could/should be like this.

Selected.

Sight boxes open. Front Handle down, shoulder support down. like this.

bof2.jpg

Not selected.

Sights boxes closed. Front handle up (this isnt on your model ), Shoulder support up.

Couldnt find any pictures of it in transport "mode". But its like this.

-Front aiming device box are moved forward all the way to the black rubber guard in the front. (looking at picture above).

-Back aiming device box are moved backwards to a point between the safety button (red square button) and the trigger (Red button placed in the center of the picture) skids/rails for both boxes can be seen on the picture.

-Front handle are pushed up and forward so its just below the tube.

-Shoulder support is moved backwards and up and kinda disappears into the tube.

Another thing if you want to make all the way, is the loader/safety button (small green cylinder right behind the trigger). In transportation mode it should be like on the picture above, and when ready to fire it should be moved to the other side of the long green cylinder and facing up like this.

at4%20(454x406).JPG

And maybe make a new animations for it where left hand is on the front handle and right hand is placed on the trigger and safety area.

Well just some surgestions  smile.gif

Keep up the good work

We are also thinking on starting an enemy pack, don't know when, but we already thought about it, maybe Russians.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skaven @ Jan. 28 2003,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are also thinking on starting an enemy pack, don't know when, but we already thought about it, maybe Russians.<span id='postcolor'>

Great.. That means alot of work for you and it will take some time but it will definitely be quality addons.

The russians would propably be the best but it would be interesting with China as the enemy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Jan. 28 2003,07:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CH53%20flying.jpg

Blackdog Wrote:

"Looks great, keep up the good work. Any screens of the CH53?"<span id='postcolor'>

Drool! Oh baby! smile.gif

What sort of loadouts do the Pave Low and its variants carry?