Homesick

1.90 update - Troubleshooting

join the arma discord and post in server admins channel

Thanks .kju.  Will look into that.  (Maybe I'm too old, but forums seem like better places to discuss) 😛

Has anyone else on steam launcher have a extra unkown mod on the mods that are on the server. No name just at the top of the list? With the unkown mod the server doesn't show on A3 Launcher because of unkown mod. I think it has something to do with the tank dlc when I try to join server I get message tank dlc missing server key recognized by server.

I also had the Linux server that freezed pre-mission selection screen, and had to be killed with kill -9. But I solved it! I'm not running any beta version. Deleting cache.ch did not help me.

I got it to work by adding this to the server.cfg

BattlEye = 0;
verifySignatures = 0;

Perhaps only one of those parameters is necessary. But I don't have time to check that out right now.

In any case all my mods that worked pre 1.90 now work again.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:55 PM, vredg said:

I also had the Linux server that freezed pre-mission selection screen, and had to be killed with kill -9. But I solved it! I'm not running any beta version. Deleting cache.ch did not help me.

I got it to work by adding this to the server.cfg

BattlEye = 0;
verifySignatures = 0;

Perhaps only one of those parameters is necessary. But I don't have time to check that out right now.

In any case all my mods that worked pre 1.90 now work again.

BattlEye = 0 is enough to start mods working. You can keep verifySignatures = 2.

Somebody can say what this is not an option. bla bla bla. BIS can't fix signature check issue during 3 releases <- this is not an option.

• Like 1

I'm trying to start the Takistan Escape 1.9 mission but I get the following error:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
cup_misc3_config

The only maps I've this problem with is Takistan and Isla Duala. 

Maps that work are Tanoa, Lingor, Chernarus, Fallujah (for example).

I've the latest version of CUP_Terrains_Core and CUP_Terrains_Map installed (1.12). Have also tried to remove and upload the cups files again to server (If they had become corrupted)

I also get a similar warning about this file in the server log:
cup_camisc

@vredg use repair mod in the A3 launcher on CUP Core

• Like 1

Hello there, I below to a clan here in SouthEast Asia called SFW (www.sickfreakingweirdos.com) we hosts 7 independent Arma 3 servers; after the end of March 1.90 update a few of our members have been having trouble connecting to your servers, problem which have been well documented and described here.  Members have tried connecting via mobile data hotspot as a way to by-pass and isolate their regular internet connection, have used VPN as well.  On server side, we have done all the suggested fixed to no avail, I have even gone as far as redoing my ports, checking into MTU settings thinking it might be dropped packets going thru my tunnel etc. etc. Ultimately, we cannot find anything conclusive be it on server side or client side.  Why? Because clients that cannot connect to our server, can connect to other servers.  At the same time we have folks who can connect to our servers night after night with no issue at all.  I really hope we can come up with a solution soon.

All servers display similar issues:

1) A3Wasteland - Stratis

2) A3Wasteland - Tanoa

3) Invade Annex Apex Framework Altis

4) Invade Annex Apex Framework Tanoa

5) Antistasis

6) AltisLife 5.0

7) Exile Zombie Demon with DMS missions

If any of you dev is interested in getting hold of me please feel free to do so, I am also on Arma Discord as [SFW]topper.  Cheers.

14 hours ago, .kju said:

@vredg use repair mod in the A3 launcher on CUP Core

Thanks! But it did not work. To clarify, I run my own Linux server.

I've tried to update/repair both the client and server CUP files (repaired the client files and uploaded them to server (no capital letters in file/directory names). But to no avail.

And to be clear, almost all CUP maps work (I only play co10 escape missions), only Takistan and also Isla Duala don't.

For example, Lingor and Chernarus work (both also requires CUP terrains core).

@vredg best join their discord and ask them for a sha1 list of the files to verify them

if no files are corrupted, and no 3rd party mods responsible (one by one removal testing), the rpt log may help or a config dump comparison

• Like 1

On our server we solved the verifySignatures issue. 

The problem was due to the fact taht 2 team's addons were only on server side .

It was,  for sure, not a "vanilla" way of doing before but It was working all right for years .

Since 1.90 version it seems to me that you need to have these addons on both side Server and client

Does it help or "ring a bell" to someone ?

14 hours ago, killjoe_R3F said:

Since 1.90 version it seems to me that you need to have these addons on both side Server and client

Or in -serverMod for the server only mods.