Homesick

1.90 update - Troubleshooting

@Dedmen @BIS_Homesick

Yes, I am running a heavily modded server. I don't know anyone who enjoys Arma 3 otherwise so I wouldn't have a clan without mods.

-profiles=test is not working for me. Added to server side and client side params.

Full Mod-list in parameter format : -mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;@task_force_radio;@ShackTac_User_Interface;@compat2;@CUP_Weapons;@Enhanced_Movement;@RHSUSAF;@Kunduz_Afghanistan;

Compat2 is ace compatibility I believe with RHSUSAF.

Tried deleting cache, didn't work.

dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo and air_f_rtd.pb are not in my client or server side folders.

I have no idea what you are talking about here : "The issue might also be related to usage of cyrilics in your profile path. Try to change the profile path to one without cyrilics, and then launch the game using the -profile startup parameter. This should be a temporary solution, please get back to me if this worked, or if it didnt."

@Dedmen"Does it get fixed by disabling battleye? are you running on Linux?" : No, Disabling battle-eye does nothing and still requires it on the server. (Same with disabling signature checks.) Yes we are running a Linux Dedicated Server.

I'm renting a server from a game server provider.
After today's hotfix (1.90.145456) I was getting Session lost when trying to join the server with VerifySignatures set to 2 in server.cfg -file.
To rid the issue I had to remove the following PBO-files (and their *.bisign files) from the server to be able to join the server:

air_f_rtd.pbo
dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo
missions_f_epb_data.pbo
missions_f_epb_video.pbo
missions_f_epc_data.pbo
missions_f_epc_video.pbo
sounds_f_weapons.pbo

Mind you, any of those files were not present on my client version of Arma 3.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RH-SPECTER said:

No, Disabling battle-eye does nothing and still requires it on the server.

I meant disabling battleye on the server side. There is a "known" problem with many pbo files and battleye on a linux server.
It seems to be a bug in battleye but there is nothing known for sure yet, same there is also no fix or workaround yet besides disabling battleye.

4 minutes ago, RH-SPECTER said:

I have no idea what you are talking about here : "The issue might also be related to usage of cyrilics in your profile path.

Wasn't targeted at you. That's unrelated to your issue.

5 minutes ago, RH-SPECTER said:

-profiles=test is not working for me.

Also not targeted at you. Also unrelated.

• Like 2

I actually cannot disabled battle-eye on my server. I set Battle-eye to 0  and it still requires it.

Developers or Supports. Tell me please: Cyrillic will be banned forever? Or RU-Community can still hope

2 minutes ago, 6o6p said:

Developers or Supports. Tell me please: Cyrillic will be banned forever? Or RU-Community can still hope

A full fix is already being worked on. I assume it will be pushed tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, RH-SPECTER said:

I actually cannot disabled battle-eye on my server. I set Battle-eye to 0  and it still requires it.

You have to be able to disable it. Maybe you are editing the wrong config file. I don't know your server and also cannot really help with that part. I just know that disabling battleye always fixed it in the past.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dedmen said:

A full fix is already being worked on. I assume it will be pushed tomorrow.

You have to be able to disable it. Maybe you are editing the wrong config file. I don't know your server and also cannot really help with that part. I just know that disabling battleye always fixed it in the past.

Thanks, Man ))

after this update, I can’t log in to the game -profiles = test did not help

Spoiler

После этого обновления, я не могу войти в игру  -profiles = test не помог

Edited by Dedmen
English only.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, BIS_Homesick said:

Hello! 

We have received some reports of connection issues to servers with the latest 1.90 update. We are currently investigating the issue, and would like to open a discussion regarding the update. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the update feel free to reply to this thread. 

Tips: 

If you are experiencing a connection issue whereby you're getting "session lost" upon connecting to a server: 

Please try switching to the Profiling branch (code: CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3) on both the client (primarily) and the server.  As of now the branch contains improvements and more informative messages/RPT logging about the cause of the disconnect. More details about the Profiling branch can be found in the dedicated thread.

We've discovered the issue might be connected to some addon files that shouldn't be there, air_f_rtd.pbo and dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo should be removed from the addons folder. These addons are deprecated and should no longer be present in the addon folder (Steam doesn't autoclean them). If deleting these two files doesn't help, please delete any other pbo that pops up in the connection message, or alternatively delete the entire addons folder (including those under DLC folders), and verify the integrity of your game files to have the proper addons re-downloaded.

If that doesn't help then:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Please check whether you have any special characters (e.g. æ) in the command-line and try replacing them.
  • Please make sure the server is fully loaded before connecting to it. (Due to cache generation the server start may take several minutes the first time it's loaded with a certain modset.)
  • Please verify your game files and all your mods (both server and client). Make sure you have matching and up-to-date keys and signatures for all required addons (delete .bisign & .bikey and re-download to be sure).
  • Please try disabling all the mods and then re-enabling them one by one to see if there's a specific mod causing the issue. (The data verification is stricter in order to prevent hacking and it may be possibly catching some erroneous data that had not been causing issues previously.)
  • Please verify the application has Read/Write access to the folder where cache.ch is located (\AppData\Local\Arma 3 or the one specified by -profiles= startup parameter)
  • Please try to remove cache.ch. (Keep in mind that it might take some time to regenerate this file when launching Arma 3).
  • Please refrain from disabling signature checks. (Especially if you're running public non-passworded servers, doing this will leave your server quite vulnerable). 

And, please, let us know if it helped (eventually what exactly helped)! Thank you!

okey soo I have tried all of these steps and non of these steps worked for me.

I hope that you could fix the lost session issue, becaus now I can't play on any server.

7 minutes ago, Grenka said:

После этого обновления, я не могу войти в игру  -profiles = test не помог

Bugfix coming soon, wait.

Spoiler

Скоро выйдет bugfix, ожидайте.

Edited by Dedmen
English only.

3 minutes ago, PolaDaz said:

okey soo I have tried all of these steps and non of these steps worked for me.

What is actually your issue? Maybe you are trying hotfix for a completely different issue than what you have.

PSA for everyone. This forum has rules. You can read them here: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/54604-forum-rules/

Especially the part about "English only"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS - Waiting for '/root/.local/share/Arma 3/DataCache/cache_lock' to be available - ... so when update or fix or somebody with know how how to fix it?

4 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

What is actually your issue? Maybe you are trying hotfix for a completely different issue than what you have.

PSA for everyone. This forum has rules. You can read them here: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/54604-forum-rules/

Especially the part about "English only"

well I have tried every step on the list but it is still not working.

I can't join any server, it just says session lost.

3 minutes ago, PolaDaz said:

I can't join any server, it just says session lost.

Then you probably didn't update to the latest Arma version. The latest update added more useful information to the session lost message, telling you which pbo is causing the problems.

1 minute ago, Dedmen said:

Then you probably didn't update to the latest Arma version. The latest update added more useful information to the session lost message, telling you which pbo is causing the problems.

I did update the newest arma version today but it still dosen't work

Sadly today's update re; Security has not made any difference at all to our dedicated server, still exactly the same problem, & having to use the same workaround as before.

No information on the server report file as to why we cant see the server at all with all the addons loaded.

Sorry but the bugfix didn't.

Also after first update on steam launcher it shows a extra spot for a mod that's missing but it has no name, I unstalled all mods and reinstalled them on server and still extra mod at top with no name, And server doesn't show on A3 Launcher because of unkown mod.

running single server (without hc) on linux start server ok, but we play on 2 with 3xhc and... we cant start them cause the cache...

9 minutes ago, golas said:

running single server (without hc) on linux start server ok, but we play on 2 with 3xhc and... we cant start them cause the cache...

Can you please try running each instance with a different folder set in the -profiles= startup param?

• Like 1

I'll try profiles and name params tomorrow, name gave me possibility to start at least one server and one hc (still 5HC and one server to go 😉 )

• Thanks 1

@oukej @Dedmen @BIS_Homesick 

Disabling BattlEye is possible now, I found I typo'd it to BattleEye.

Can now load into server, vote for mission but if it is a custom map mission it lets you pick your role then reverts back to mission voting after loading the terrain with no error visible.

Loading vanilla maps displayed ace_hot needed to be removed from client side folder and to update ace versions on the server to equivalent with client.

Removed ace entirely vanilla maps run fine with all our other mods but still can't launch custom maps.

Disabled signature checks and BattlEye so we just load ACE client side and it's a trusted closed community so we don't worry about the cheaters.

Just want our custom maps back now, we got the rest our mods running fine.

I note this params cause me a issue in a Linux server without mod:

voteMissionPlayers

Issues regarding profile path's should now be resolved as we just released Hotfix #2. Let us know if you're encountering issues with the latest hotfix. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RH-SPECTER said:

@oukej @Dedmen @BIS_Homesick 

Disabling BattlEye is possible now, I found I typo'd it to BattleEye.

Can now load into server, vote for mission but if it is a custom map mission it lets you pick your role then reverts back to mission voting after loading the terrain with no error visible.

Loading vanilla maps displayed ace_hot needed to be removed from client side folder and to update ace versions on the server to equivalent with client.

Removed ace entirely vanilla maps run fine with all our other mods but still can't launch custom maps.

Disabled signature checks and BattlEye so we just load ACE client side and it's a trusted closed community so we don't worry about the cheaters.

Just want our custom maps back now, we got the rest our mods running fine.

Glad to hear that. We will keep investigating in the morning. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1