Defunkt

ANZINS Terrain

15 minutes ago, Defunkt said:

Honestly as a representation of the real world I prefer the first pic but it is interesting that, light/ineffective as it is, the vanilla one is more defined. Probably the difference is that the vanilla texture is 2048 square and I've only been using 1024 - I think perhaps because I found it near impossible to find a good selection of repeating textures at that size. Since then though I've moved toward procedural noise which means that an improvement to resolution may well be possible. I'll have a fiddle.

I just want to note that in the game it looks/feels somewhat worse and even more pixelized than what the picture can represent.
Looking forward an update and thanks for all the hard work. Once the issue is fixed, the mod can become as important and overall quality improvement as official 2016 lighting update.

2 hours ago, Malcain said:

I just want to note that in the game it looks/feels somewhat worse and even more pixelized than what the picture can represent.
Looking forward an update and thanks for all the hard work. Once the issue is fixed, the mod can become as important and overall quality improvement as official 2016 lighting update.

Also what are your graphics settings at as that can have an impact?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Defunkt said:

Jeza it hadn't even occurred to me to look at it from that far (my PC would probably explode), looks great. Would be interested to know what CC B/C/S you use.

Cheers mate. That was running with Real Light (reshade preset) with a deep blue LuT so thats the combination of effect you're seeing :)

14 hours ago, Defunkt said:

Malden also has a treatment but it's pretty easy to miss (wasn't a lot of scope for changes of this nature).

I accidentally loaded Malden first and i rekon the change was obvious :rthumb:

Looking good. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Also what are your graphics settings at as that can have an impact?

It's not graphics, I've checked. Everything on ultra.
It's most likely, like Defunkt said, due to bad pattern resolution, as I can notice pixels/bad quality even without an optics when I take a look at about 30-80 meters range where the grass stops rendering/renders less(most noticable from above)

As nice as this is, I've noticed the detailed textures you get when terrain is within ~20 meters are also changed. Is this supposed to happen?

2 hours ago, GordonWeedman said:

As nice as this is, I've noticed the detailed textures you get when terrain is within ~20 meters are also changed. Is this supposed to happen?

Not entirely unexpected. The global colour correction and also the new noise will influence the detail textures (which are blended over top) but it shouldn't be by much. In fact I did try making these changes gradual over the detail blend distance but it appeared to have so little effect (and/or I wasn't sure it was 'better') that it didn't seem worth the extra instructions. If you find the difference large or unsightly I'd be interested in looking at a couple of comparison shots.

It is really noticeable with the arid grass texture, as you can see in the spoilered screenshots. Sand and such looks like it's made of cheeto dust at points as well.

Spoiler

Without mod:

107410_20181218005002_1.png

With mod:

107410_20181218004831_1.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Dunno, if you're dead set on running that level of saturation this probably isn't the mod you're looking for. This is what I see (on Malden, right?) at those coordinates;

Spoiler

malden.jpg

Which I personally prefer to either your before or after (just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions).

EDIT:: I may make an alternative/optional build that restores the correction over blend distance code to see if that improves matters for high saturation use.

• Like 5

My saturation isn't the point, the point is that the texture is different. Why is a mod meant to improve distant terrain textures also fiddling with those close up?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 18.12.2018 at 6:56 PM, Defunkt said:

Honestly as a representation of the real world I prefer the first pic but it is interesting that, light/ineffective as it is, the vanilla one is more defined. Probably the difference is that the vanilla texture is 2048 square and I've only been using 1024 - I think perhaps because I found it near impossible to find a good selection of repeating textures at that size. Since then though I've moved toward procedural noise which means that a nice improvement to resolution may well be possible. I'll have a fiddle.

So then will this improve FPS because of lower res on textures?
Also where to find Eo 3? I don't know about this mod.

1 hour ago, Zero Two said:

So then will this improve FPS because of lower res on textures?
Also where to find Eo 3? I don't know about this mod.

No, the difference in resolution for that one texture won't make an appreciable difference to FPS (and I mean to upgrade it back to 2048 in the next version anyway). For most of the time I was working on this the framerate cost was 1-2 FPS. More recently, I checked the final version just before I uploaded it and actually registered a small 0-1 FPS gain (YMMV). Suffice to say there's not much in it either way.

EOReal3 is a colour correction preset by EvilOrgan and is included within this mod.

I saw your original thread a bit more than a year ago, tried fiddling with the mid range texture, and just could never find a good mix of extra noise in the texture so that it would look good both at the close end and the far end of the mid range.  I am very impressed with your shader scripting idea, no matter how unorthodox its implementation.

Thanks for the release!

• Thanks 1

Remaking the overlay textures at 2048 appears sure to yield a better look through high-powered scopes but the best result (shown below) will require support from a small script.

Likely this will be released as an alternate edition and signed with a different key (so server-ops can decide to allow either or both).

Spoiler

C83FF47A3E1417EECAC3E0ABEAF9695284140051

4E37B25EEF499A31925E1E7CCC06A2C5F7192D55

A0C87F27120FDE0FF184A406F589946F89B391D8

3396B8CCB652293D67F7844DBD53A2198A2590CD Vanilla ;-)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I used to use EO real 3 all the time, it looks great, but nighttime was no fun, even @EO mentioned in that thread that dusk/nighttime you can forget about it.
How does this look at night??

On 12/22/2018 at 8:44 PM, JD Wang said:

How does this look at night??

Well.. dark (quelle surprise), but you can delete the pbo and use your own colour corrections instead.

Version 1.1.0 (2019-05-05)

- Fixed messed up normals/parallax on near detail textures.
- Slightly softened detail blending with colour corrected satmap.
- Altered method of enabling post-processing colour corrections (EO_Real_3).
- Updated incidentally replaced data with that from the 1.92 release.
- Shader features should now never enable for an unconfigured terrain.
- ALTIS: Minimal tweaks to noise (lighter) and colour curve.
- STRATIS: New 2K noise textures (improves view through optics).
- MALDEN: New 2K noise textures. Terrain colour tweak (deeper).
- TANOA: Added initial configuration.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Streetlights Stripe on Some Maps After Update.(Malden2035,Chernarus,etc)

"MOD" is only for vanilla and "ANZINS Terrain".

I see, thanks, will fix ASAP.

VERSION 1.1.1 (2019-05-10)
- Fixed banding in light pools on certain terrains.
- Texture blending; stronger detail.
- Texture blending; saturation control.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 12/17/2018 at 11:07 AM, Defunkt said:

Fixed banding in light pools on certain terrains.

Goodness,what a relief.I thought the problem was my monitor going out.Thanks!

Beautiful work mate, I remember bad Benson trying to address this issue years ago.

Thus far only configured for the four official A3 terrains, all others should be unaltered.

I have done some configuration work for Chernarus and Utes and I think it could definitely improve their appearance but I get a bit discouraged by those terrains' other problems. Not a criticism of the CUP team, these things only get improved if somebody who wants to work on them comes forward but to date I don't think they've traveled particularly well. Am contemplating a code change that might help obviate the worst issue (the blobs of black shadow baked into the satmap).

• Like 2