M. Glade

Thank you BI [2018 Roadmap Update]

Just as I was catching up with work and tapering my addiction to 3den, I visit the Arma wiki to see where to place defences on the carrier, I noticed it.

Finding a new campaign-scenario and free assets coming which will truly put the cherry on top of possibly the last rv4 rendition, made me really fuzzy inside. 

For those of you who haven't seen it. https://arma3.com/news/arma-3-roadmap-2018

Spoiler

The NATO carrier strike group has a new addition; a destroyer-class ship with detailed interiors and new naval fire-support options. It's also capable of launching/recovering small naval vessels and helicopters. The USS Liberty is a static object that can be placed around the map via the Scenario Editor.

NAVAL WARFARE!

And a campaign to wrap up the cliffhangers? I'll stop barking now, after 3 years.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Old Man Scenario...ahahahahahahahahaha. Looks alot like Grumpy from the back. Shame the new destroyer is gonna be a static object.

Another Arma is 'years away' is a bummer cause Ill need the 'Really Old Man Scenario" but the fact that they may implement new tech in current could be promising (especially AI) but I keep my expectations in my pants.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Holy smoke, an open-world SP scenario on Tanoa?

I could almost forgive BIS for not making a proper Apex SP campaign!

Where's my dancing banana?

Edit : Ah, there it is! :yay:

• Like 8

^^  That track is fantastic - one thing Ive always loved about the series since Day 1 is the music - driving bass ftw

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, haleks said:

Holy smoke, an open-world SP scenario on Tanoa?

I could almost forgive BIS for not making a proper Apex SP campaign!

Where's my dancing banana?

Edit : Ah, there it is! :yay:

I'm so happy that we finally see a possible hint/resolve in the never ending conflict that is ArmA 3 universe. And what happened to Miller haha! 

• Like 4

Curious about that scenario.

Dunno what to expect.

5 minutes ago, Wiki said:

Dunno what to expect.

Some kind of Manhattan reboot ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im not going to even call a single Static destroyer "Naval Warfare", but its still cool were getting some things to spice up gameplay. The Radar and AA Battery pieces don't appear to be towable or drivable either. Still neat though, love the look.

• Like 1

Good roadmap for the rest of this year. Looking forward to it and thanks, BI.

The story of (Grumpy :icon_biggrin:) Old Man sounds exciting. And I really expect a continuation of Miller's story line. You heard it, BI! :icon_biggrin:

Glad that the next Arma is still years away - this way we have some more time to finish one or another project.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Im not going to even call a single Static destroyer "Naval Warfare", but its still cool were getting some things to spice up gameplay. The Radar and AA Battery pieces don't appear to be towable or drivable either. Still neat though, love the look.

It does have a gunmount though, a simple retex for CSAT (or, possibly customization judging from the note of 'interiors') can see some pretty interesting SP scenarios. Maybe, just maybe we may see mobile versions of the SAMs since they're already modeled for both factions' vehicles but realistically the thing will be so far away there won't be a reason to move them if they're being utilized. I'm not complaining, it's progress

2 hours ago, Undeceived said:

Good roadmap for the rest of this year. Looking forward to it and thanks, BI.

The story of (Grumpy :icon_biggrin:) Old Man sounds exciting. And I really expect a continuation of Miller's story line. You heard it, BI! :icon_biggrin:

Glad that the next Arma is still years away - this way we have some more time to finish one or another project.

He'll probably be doing splendid splits on all the Eastwind devices hes stockpiling, some of those shooter animations too forcing Kerry to watch :don9:

23 hours ago, Wiki said:

Dunno what to expect.

Perhaps a remake of the pre-alpha style the original campaign idea was? Possibly playing as Miller as originally intended?

• Like 1

I was kinda hoping they might merge Altis and Stratis into one map. But Can't say no to continued flushing out of the island warfare. 

• Like 1

Also SEAD!

Anti-Radiation Missiles & Small Diameter Guided Bomb

Both NATO and CSAT receive new anti-radiation missiles, which are designed to auto-lock on ground targets that have their active radar sensor switched on. NATO fighter jets can also be equipped with new, relatively small, air-to-surface precision-guided bombs.

What a great roadmap report. From the promise of the next Arma game to the ship with detailed interiors, BI simply rocks. Quite frankly, I can't imagine not playing Arma 3 but BI being the coolest developer around certainly makes you feel like your enthusiasm is well-placed.

Not that I'm wanting Arma 3 to go away, but when they say Arma 4 is years away, I'm hoping that's the official release and  takes into account us playing with the beta for a year and bit :f:

• Like 10

They should add the Shaher to CSAT's arsenal. It really bothers me how they share the GM6 Lynx with the AAF.

Great roadmap!

I like every part of it:f:

Still hope that they allow a community version of the Apex campaign to become a true single-player campaign!

If you want to replay the entire campaign (with the new assets implemented) the Apex part would really be missing for SP

• Like 3

All that continued support for a five year old game. Absolutely incredible! Looking forward to all those new goodies, but Im especially excited for the new ship.

• Like 5

Yes the new ship is great especially with the new features (boat, heli landing, fire support). I can accept that it is static (we don´t have moving subs or other ships anyway).

I would like to see a static cargo ship/ferry that could be used (by all factions) to get the heavy equipment like tanks to the islands. With that implemented the ARMAIII universe would be more or less complete / plausible.

The long range AA assets are great. Right now you can fly your planes >4000m above the islands and you are invulnerable to AA. Nice to see this changing.

Is it possible to make the big radar domes on the islands working? (or a device we can place inside them to make them work)

Would be nice to see them feed data to AA units!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cas said:

we don´t have moving subs or other ships anyway

• Like 3

Still very depressed about not having an ouija board! 

lY3M5bm.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 6/25/2018 at 1:32 PM, M. Glade said:

Still very depressed about not having an ouija board!

At least we get a destroyer to play with!

Cheers

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

At least we get a destroyer to play with!

Cheers

Thats such an awesome machinima man haha needs to be put in the news/blog. 

• Like 1

Lads, 2035 is here. And the new ouija board is being issued! Air boss and mini boss are happy :don15:

CRHhIUC.jpg

8nOE7Zz.jpg

• Like 4