Sign in to follow this  
Skunk Monkey

1.91 beta

What I have said before is that I want a patch that adds a new command.

I walk up to a body or an ammo truck,..., my display says "take m16, take m16 mag".

I want that but in addition I want "inventory" which would bring up an inaccessible list of the contents without regards to what are my currently held weapons,..., example:  "10 x grenade, 10 x hand grenade, 10 x sddrag mag, 10 x m16 mag, 2 x law launcher,..., etc."

Are there any news from BIS regarding the final version?

Since I installed the beta patch back in mid-december, I experienced at least the tripple amount of time outs during multiplayer sessions. From my squad-mates I know that mostly when i time out, several other people disconnect as well, most of them having 1.91 as well. So it seems that the timeouts and the beta patch are related.

As there is no way to reinstall the previous 1.90 patch, the only way to get rid of this is to completly uninstall OFP and reinstall then, a very lengthy and annoying procedure. If I'd known that it would take so long to finalize the 1.91 patch I might have done so earlier, but now I hope it won't be too long until release. So once again, is there any progress or have you at least a rough timespan in weeks until release? sad.gif

Bug with 1.91, and I haven't searched if it's been mentioned yet, sorry.  On the BMP2 the treds going round and round, more like the graphic on the side "pulses" outward, rather than with the track, so it looks wierd/messed up.

Doolittle

Lately, when I tried to switch my launcher for another one lying on the gound, sometimes the picked-up one transformed to the same launcher I already carried. So for example, when I had a AT4 and wanted to pick up a Strela, I suddenly had 2 AT4 there. 1 on the ground and the other one on my back.

I also noted, that sometimes you can not lock on choppers with AA, even when there are only low-pingers on the server. You have to reload the launcher to be able to lock-on or click in rapid succession for a longer time period, until the box appears.

EDIT: I mean that you can't lock on with a loaded launcher sometimes.

Tanks still go slow downhill on roads and when you edit your profile thing ingame and select your face to one of the female ones that come w/ resistance, your face changes to the same one your teammate has when you walk up to him multiplayer games.

Tanks should be as fast downwards as they are on even ground. There is simply no point that tanks can increase speed by moving down a hill. Unlike the 'nature' of wheeled vehicles, tracked vehicles will NOT increase speed that way - at least not to a noticeable degree. On the other hand, lower hills should normally not slow down a tank as much as they do right now in OFP.

crazy.gif

In the final 1.91, please BIS can you intergrate any campaign fixes like the Redhammer and 1985 ones. I think the Redhammer was to fix a bug in that mission where you have to hold Montignac and place down barricades. (not too sure).

(sorry if this has already been asked)

Well, now addons are coming out that require 1.91 to run. I still won't install it because it is a beta.

Can we please get an official (non-beta) 1.92 or 1.95 please!!!

I'd just be happy with a dedicated server for 1.91 so I can use the typeOf command in some scripts. Right now I can't since they won't work on a dedicated server.

1.91 works fine, I wouldn't worry about it being "beta"

I havent had any problems with 1.91.

1.91 seem's to be the longest running beta around. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dirt @ Feb. 27 2003,20:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.91 seem's to be the longest running beta around. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No - that would be ICQ - I think they still designate their clients as beta versions - after more than 5 years.

We haven`t been given a date...  confused.gif

I think the next patch will come together with the GOTY US edition. Will be version 1.95^ then maybe.

But I hope it`ll be soon, because the timeouts with 1.91 aren`t funny if you play OFP:R MP daily. It starts with one guy loosing connection and he takes some more guys with him  crazy.gif

If you play BF1985 for one hour, you can call yourself lucky if from 12vs12 half of the players are still playing in the end. Of course there are some n00bs quitting too, but many can`t end a game because of timeouts. And with 1.91 there are more of them. The strange thing is that it hits only certain people. E.g. one of my clanmates has timeouts since he installed 1.91 on a regular base, but for me it happens not so often. It hits some and others are spared. But with 1.90 there were less timeouts in my opinion.

I had to re-install my ofp GOTY cos i installed the 1.91 beta patch and then couldn't play ofp anymore!! It said "Bad Serial number given in Setup". Anyone who has the same prob?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nimrodhunter @ Mar. 16 2003,16:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had to re-install my ofp GOTY cos i installed the 1.91 beta patch and then couldn't play ofp anymore!! It said "Bad Serial number given in Setup". Anyone who has the same prob?<span id='postcolor'>

Did you use the GOTY version of the patch?

1.91 is going to be released as regular patch soon. You can download the file marked as BETA because it's going to be exactly the same as the regular patch.

all these months so they could change the name on the file from Beta to Final ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">all these months so they could change the name on the file from Beta to Final ?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't worry, they focused on others projects so it's also a good news wink.gif

As 1.91 "final" has now been released there is no need for this beta thread smile.gif