Posted (edited)

FYI - v2.0 is now in the testing phase, hopefully we will not find too many bugs, then I can release the update.

few screenshots:

spread and "min-distance-for-same-sites-zones". This view in Zeus would indicate that for all sites, spawn positions have been found, but the actual spawn of structures and AI has not been "triggered" yet by a player.

This is to have assets only spawn/be active if a player is nearby. of course, to save fps;).

if all players move too far away from a "marked but dormant" spawn position of a site - it will despawn and a new position relative to a random players position will be found.

- green: shipwrecks and boats

- black: banditcamps

- yellow: hideouts

- orange: crashsites

- blue: helicopter spawns

9E30EEA9E51FAD562523DE99320598E7FFAB0BC2

Zeus view of another spread example:

here all sites have been triggered/spawned because I teleported my player to each site once.

I wanted to see how fps behaved once all sites are not dormant (only a marker) but actually have assets and AI spawned after a player got close to it. Results where gooood;)

D59AD7AD59AC7A6E19DEFDF899924623F5DD5FAC

once a site is spawned, but no player is within e.g. 1000m, the AI's simulation is disabled and all objects are hidden, until any player comes closer again or the despawn timer has run out.

a "disabled" bandit camp and hideout would look like this:

5D911CD8DEDEF0B75306BEA18FD314ABBDB8894D

67DAD9CB6EC9E42EAA3A178DDCFD7A82B970D862

I hope the tests wont show too many game-breaking bugs and hopefully I will finally be able to release the update soon:)

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
Some corrections, it seems i was quite tired when writing this:)
  • Like 6

Good deal,thanks Vandeanson. I wanted to add tho that on certain terrains the site spawns fall out of bounds(outside boundary of map).Not on Altis..just GM's Weferlingen,Chernarus Redux as well as Cup Teams Chernarus..the only 4 maps I've used it on so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miasdad said:

Good deal,thanks Vandeanson. I wanted to add tho that on certain terrains the site spawns fall out of bounds(outside boundary of map).Not on Altis..just GM's Weferlingen,Chernarus Redux as well as Cup Teams Chernarus..the only 4 maps I've used it on so far. 

Hi mias, thanks! 

You need to place array markers over such zones that need to be blacklisted and give the marker a unique name. Then enter that marker name in the editor in the addon settings of vandensons apocalypse. 

This way, such marked areas for land or coastal sites will be excluded from the spawner.

In the future I will try to automate this with automated markers for each map. 

• Like 1

Hiho everyone!

v2.0 is released under the complete addon section of the forum, I figured it is time to move the thread there:

This thread will be closed.

I hope you enjoy the new version and let me know about any issues you may find!

Cheers

VD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So should I configure the VD settings through the server or mission for my Hosted MP mission? 

Issues being seen in your sites

-AI have a hard time seeing me or don't shoot back when i shoot at them

-They also ignore zombies