Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

It's one crazy place! crazy.gif

mdf269688.jpg

Thieves known as 'Ali Babas' run towards one of Saddam

Hussein's palaces as another one uses a forklift to steal a

vintage Mercedes convertible in Baghdad May 4, 2003.

Iraqi police made their return in the streets Sunday under

U.S. forces supervision trying to restore law and order in

the capital.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 04 May 2003,15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow looks like my car.<span id='postcolor'>

Check your driveway. crazy.gif

Did, they stole my car.

BTW When will the war end already, I want my bro to come back. Bush make the speech already!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 04 May 2003,08:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW When will the war end already, I want my bro to come back. Bush make the speech already!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah well, when he comes back share with us what he did there. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> In this age it's sad to see arrogance prevailing over logic, and might over justice <span id='postcolor'>

Anwarul a. Khan, Canada

Really sad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 04 May 2003,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did, they stole my car.

BTW When will the war end already, I want my bro to come back. Bush make the speech already!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Remember, if they declare the end of the war, the US will have to hand over all of the POW's they are holding.

As they are still being questioned, I imagine they will hold off on 'victory' yet. Besides, I wouldn't call Iraq passified yet. Lots more work to do...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 04 May 2003,07:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 02 May 2003,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 02 May 2003,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 02 May 2003,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The problem with the Yanks is they're overpaid, oversexed and over here!" - a very common expression in WW2<span id='postcolor'>

I believe the response was that you Brits were "Underpaid, undersexed, and under Eisenhower" thefinger.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dang i gotta remember this too<span id='postcolor'>

Just remember sig texts are limited to 300 characters. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL now i am in trouble biggrin.gif

As for that car whoever stole it is surely gonna return it back with a letter of apology since it is gonna cost him a fortune to repair it and then drive it tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 04 May 2003,15:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> In this age it's sad to see arrogance prevailing over logic, and might over justice  <span id='postcolor'>  

Anwarul a. Khan, Canada

Really sad.<span id='postcolor'>

There were a lot of comments I wish I could take as my sig. But there`s not enough room. sad.gif

Well said You_looking_at_me?

I agree with all of that.

But just one thing Schoeler, you can't be serious about this, people putting up the union jack everywhere along with the S+S?

That's silly, why do you think it neccessary to put up flags? Let alone the flag of the country that tried to rule over you in it's evil imperialistic ways (no not France) biggrin.gif

One of the funniest comments I found on the BBC comments page was 'looks like Baghdad Bobs speech writer has found a new job' tounge.gif

I found the ones posted by Americans to be really interesting. You have the ones saying 'George W. Bush is a great president. God bless America and God bless GWB' then there were ones saying I am ashamed to have him representing my country. Just goes to show you can't trust all those polls trumpeting 70% approval ratings for Bush. Personally, I don't like polls unless every single person is questioned.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 04 May 2003,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well said You_looking_at_me?

I agree with all of that.

But just one thing Schoeler, you can't be serious about this, people putting up the union jack everywhere along with the S+S?

That's silly, why do you think it neccessary to put up flags? Let alone the flag of the country that tried to rule over you in it's evil imperialistic ways (no not France)  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm dead serious, I didn't say I was doing it, but americans were flying the Union Jack alongside our flag during the war. I guess as a show of frinedship and solidarity with you limeys!

Give a MP5A3, and put me on the first flight to Middle East And I'll find Osama and Saddam. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 05 May 2003,04:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Give  a MP5A3, and put me on the first flight to Middle East And I'll find Osama and Saddam. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Do you really think it's that easy?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CoolCarlos2002 @ 05 May 2003,09:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 05 May 2003,04:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Give  a MP5A3, and put me on the first flight to Middle East And I'll find Osama and Saddam. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Do you really think it's that easy?<span id='postcolor'>

I think that was what we refer to in the business as a 'joke' (high technical term).

Wow schondoer that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

no actually. I really do love our cross atlantic relations and its good to feel that across the pond we're being appreciated even if we dont do half the work. We're kind of the sidekick, but better to be a sidekick than a red shirted security guard or something. (Bad metaphor)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 05 May 2003,03:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Give  a MP5A3, and put me on the first flight to Middle East And I'll find Osama and Saddam. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You should take take a rifle like M16 or G36 insted

or atleast a MP5A5.

And you should problery take alot of water whit you too Its pritty hot down there and I think you would be there fore a vile. biggrin.gif

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 05 May 2003,04:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Give  a MP5A3, and put me on the first flight to Middle East And I'll find Osama and Saddam. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

MP5A3 is propably not allowed on board of a plane. I have that feeling cause nail-clips and tooth-picks are strictly forbidden, but maybe there are people here that know better. Anyway I assume that Saddam and BinLady fear the shaver more than a MP5A3. If I remember correctly you can get one of those single-use  shavers in the airport of Bahrain!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ 05 May 2003,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CIA: Syria harboring more than 15 million known Arabs  wow.gif  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Bahahahahahaha!

That is so funny.

But at the same time, I suspect it's not far off of how some people *cough*Rumsfeld*cough* think. I am constantly saddened byt the lack of desire to understand and accept cultures different than our own. Different does not imply one beingg superior to another, whatever the WASPish folks of TBA seem to think. Cultural xenophobia is a HUGE step back in the advancement of civilisation.

Its so easy to find Ossama and Saddam you just have to look harder! I found them, in this forum. smile.gif

Wht weapons aren't allowed on a airplane! So I'll just built a raft sail to mid east and search for them. Just give me some, MP5A100 couple of greanades, and a big LAW. smile.gif I may be no soldier, but I am in my mind smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 06 May 2003,01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its so easy to find Ossama and Saddam you just have to look harder! I found them, in this forum. smile.gif

Wht weapons aren't allowed on a airplane! So I'll just built a raft sail to mid east and search for them. Just give me some, MP5A100 couple of greanades, and a big LAW. smile.gif I may be no soldier, but I am in my mind smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But you are not allowed to SAVE more than once during the mission.

BTW.. did you see that photo here? Looks like they were making a film (*cough* but of course we all know that it was a spontaneous action by the thousands of iraqis to gather in the streets and tear down the Saddam statue. Lucky enough the journalists were there in time, just imagine nobody would have seen those pictures.)  picture 1

picture 2

picture 3

picture 4

that was a goddam prearranged PR-party tounge.gif

Enjoy the propadanda war

enjoy the video on propaganda in the Iraq war

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ 06 May 2003,07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Enjoy the propadanda war

<a href="file://C:/WINDOWS/CABS/Install/mediawatchlofi412.ram" target="_blank">enjoy the video on propaganda in the Iraq war</a><span id='postcolor'>

LOL.. nice link there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 06 May 2003,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ 06 May 2003,07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Enjoy the propadanda war

<a href="file://C:/WINDOWS/CABS/Install/mediawatchlofi412.ram" target="_blank">enjoy the video on propaganda in the Iraq war</a><span id='postcolor'>

LOL.. nice link there.<span id='postcolor'>

grrrr.. you should know me by now. everything I do needs a second painting. fixed now~~!!~~~

Fixed and fixed all over again and then a final fixing by Albert Schweizer on 05.05.2003