Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

Last thing, I have no doubt that all the allies helped each other in an equal way, its just that some americans seem to think that without them the war would have been a lost cause, and that in my opinion spits on the graves of those that fought and died in the war, and that really pisses me off.

Okay if you read back to my posts i predicted that there would be more resistance than so far we have encountered. I did predict however that there would be some people opposed to the expoitation (don't deny it because it's fucking blatant) and that if we continue to stay there they will get impatient and all the coalition troops will be seen a vent for hatred. In Northern Ireland the hatred between Catholics and Protestants mellowed a bit and everone put the shit on the squaddies who didn't want to be there in the first place.

As people have said and i'm sick of people ignoring it yes we were and still are grateful for the American involvement, but if your best mate helps you out and you're grateful, and then fucks off and does drugs and nicks your girlfriend, do you still think of him as your best mate?

Okay you want to fuck over our trade and charge us for this 'aid' you keep reminding about, fair play, that's what buisness is all about. But then you come over, start a serious problem with morale, and nick all our women! It ain't a pretty idea when you're on the other side you know. In fact i wish i were French (well without the hair) so i could have a genuine reason to feel disgust and express it.

"The problem with the Yanks is they're overpaid, oversexed and over here!" - a very common expression in WW2

Don't you find these links just slightly tedious and immature? That nutwit was amusign to watch but come on there's much better comedy out there than listening to him in various forms.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ 02 May 2003,01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but then again,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EDIT: You are trying to disprove something I do not claim, something I heard from your lovely USA. The theory is mine for the delay on phone service and power also, it took long as well.<span id='postcolor'>

you pretty much said you think reason why power and phones are not in is because of opposition crowd control. you explicitly said,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that if it was a military objective, power could be restored in 1-2 weeks and most phone service in 1 month<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Ok I was talking about the estimated time it will take. Mainly concerning phone service, but power has been out for a long time also, and just restored (supposidly) at the time Bush opens his stomach on TV.

I brought my possible theory in for you people, no need to say it's like my life invested into it, certainly your stuff is neither here nor there, doesn't even disprove this theory. Power was out for a long time, phones still. Discuss possibilities or make solid conclusions not this wish wash.

Conspiracy, no, thinking yes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 02 May 2003,18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok I was talking about the estimated time it will take.  Mainly concerning phone service, but power has been out for a long time also, and just restored (supposidly) at the time Bush opens his stomach on TV.

I brought my possible theory in for you people, no need to say it's like my life invested into it, certainly your stuff is neither here nor there, doesn't even disprove this theory.  Power was out for a long time, phones still.  Discuss possibilities or make solid conclusions not this wish wash.

Conspiracy, no, thinking yes.<span id='postcolor'>

you were questioning why powers were out, and gave out an explanation, and that was that Coalition troops are not doing it for sake of opposition crowd control, implying that Coalition troops were disregarding welfare of Iraqis.

Whether fortunate or not, Bush made a speech, and they got power. so your assertion that Coalition troops are holding back power supply for the reason you stated is not true.

of course i did not present any theory on when or why powers will be back on, but i see a nice role reversal here. Bush was accusing Iraq of WMD, and France was not prooving US wrong, and show alternative, but was just pullinging US's legs. now the role is reversed between you and me. tounge.gif

I'm providing a possible theory, not forcing it down your throat. Oh and if you htink Bush speaking and power up is 100% coincidence, man, that's something.

EDIT: Anotherwords, we have nothing to actually argue about. We can not find the truth easily.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The problem with the Yanks is they're overpaid, oversexed and over here!" - a very common expression in WW2<span id='postcolor'>

Gee i gotta remember this quote biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ 01 May 2003,11:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And you could destroy every museum in USA and you would not come close to the damage that was done when the Baghdad museum was ransacked.

But hey, the Ministry of Oil building was well protected and survived the looting. That's the important thing.<span id='postcolor'>

What a coincidence!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 02 May 2003,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The problem with the Yanks is they're overpaid, oversexed and over here!" - a very common expression in WW2<span id='postcolor'>

I believe the response was that you Brits were "Underpaid, undersexed, and under Eisenhower" thefinger.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 02 May 2003,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 02 May 2003,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The problem with the Yanks is they're overpaid, oversexed and over here!" - a very common expression in WW2<span id='postcolor'>

I believe the response was that you Brits were "Underpaid, undersexed, and under Eisenhower" thefinger.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dang i gotta remember this too , anyone else with their version perhaps a german? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 02 May 2003,08:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they latched disproportionately onto the inevitable looting (mountain out of molehill) and the museum bit<span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gif MUSEUM *BIT* !? crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 02 May 2003,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 02 May 2003,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The problem with the Yanks is they're overpaid, oversexed and over here!" - a very common expression in WW2<span id='postcolor'>

I believe the response was that you Brits were "Underpaid, undersexed, and under Eisenhower" thefinger.gif<span id='postcolor'>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

What that sissy? Bollox. Good ol' Winston was ahead of the game.

wink.gif

And i'm sure the Americans didn't say that at the time, they just gave us bubblegum and chocolate to shut us up with.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (haunted @ 02 May 2003,13:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (haunted @ 02 May 2003,04:33)

... when truth is they had so little supplies after Pearl Harbour, the Brits had to send the Americans aircraft, weapons and supplies to stop it crumbling like France and its counterparts did.

Umm...what book did you get that from?

Lend-Lease anyone?? Anyone got my back here?? <span id='postcolor'>

A little thing called THE HISTORY CHANNEL<span id='postcolor'>

Provide some links for this please. Then we can discuss it. I have a feeling you mis-heard. In fact, Pearl Harbor was stripped of much of its armament because it was going to the Atlantic, and consequently, to England.

EDIT: And even better, open a new topic for it since the Mods will come down with their lightning and thunder and voodoo magic for us going off-topic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 03 May 2003,04:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they just gave us bubblegum and chocolate to shut us up with.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, the power of Chocolate tounge.gif

I can assure you I didnt misshear, infact, I paid great attention to it. And its funny on how you bring up something like that just because it wasn't actually in the film pearl hrabour, yet people say nothing of the fact of U571....

That`s a good article. It shows the mood of the people all over the world and it even shows a lot of americans not agreeing with the TBA`s foreign policy. Here in the forum and in the US news networks you often see stuff that makes you believe all the USA is asskissing the TBA and following blindly, no matter how stupid or immorale the decisions are which are made by the TBA. It makes me feel a little bit better to know that not all the USA is hurraying like dumb sheep to it`s leadership.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 03 May 2003,22:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, because I'm such a Shrubbite.<span id='postcolor'>

lol. Shrubbite biggrin.gif

That speach of his makes me wonder who is writing them. It was so full of blatant one liners intended to garner applause. Little substance and little intelligence. The hallmark of The Bush Administration.

To tell the truth and this is the truth not a flame, theres nothing more that two British blokes like than a good old yank bash. This ritual is very complex, its designed to totally discredit the American way yet still leave people feeling chummy towards America. You know despite what you may interpret very few Britons dislike America they just like pretending they do.

Honestly I love America, the people are naturally friendly. Although this seems like a far right thing to say people ARENT afraid of WANTING a better life for themselves. In many countries (Including Britain) wanting more for yourself, a better job or something is often just seen as self indulgent and materialistic.

But WHY does everyone "hate" (As in like but enjoy talkinga bout hating) Well for one thing, no one likes feeling inferior. Lets face it America is a hyper-power and their citizens live better than ours on average. We like to make ourselves feel better by discrediting what they do worst. Or by saying "they have the size but we have the quality" Which I actually believe to be true.

The real reason though has to be Americas chosen way of living which inspires no hate as "America" Does nothing which is "bad" to anyone, at least in the west, just makes huge blunders.

For example I saw on the US news a program on David Beckham (One of the biggest footballers in the world) At the end of which showed a picture of him scoring a goal against ARGENTINA in the group stages of the world cup. The US newsreader claimed he was scoring the winning goal against GREECE in the SEMI FINAL. Those are the sort of stupid cock ups we mean, ANY Brit would be able to tell you that and it would only take 2 mins of research to find it out urself. I mean just look at the team strips.

This is the sort of things that give American citizens their stereotyped "dumbness" your media gives no frontpage news to other world issues. For example the headline one day of "USA today" was something about a baby with a birth defect, while hidden in a small paragraph in the middle was some massive world story "Nuclear war in China, Japan wiped out!" Or some such story.

Now I come to the flamed bit. This ignorance of foregin matters is imbedded in the citizens and thus extends to the millitary. You can claim what you like about fighting quality but to tell the truth US Soldiers have no clue about how to fight a hearts and minds war. They see the US flag as "THE" universal symbol of "Freedom" as that is what their education has drilled into them, thus we see the symbolic falling of Sadam covered in a US flag signilaling an Imperilaist message to many. This is also shown in their handling of baghdad in many ways, more than once American troops have panicked and opened fire on civilians because of thrown rocks or some such items.

British troops with their experiances in Nothern Ireland are told how to conduct hearts and minds and thus Basra is far more orginised generally than Baghdad. IMHO Millitary victory was assured from the outset, the real issue is the reorganisation of Iraq. If we do not get the right in the beginning then more troops will die from partisan groups.

Going back to my original point is that truthfully many Americans are arrogant about their role in wars. British troops comprised about one THIRD of the ground strength in Iraq yet I know the US media has placed nearly no emphasis on British forces and thus many believe the British were mere tag alongs, willing to post a few sentries near lavatories while the real men did the work. This "We are superior attitude" Really riles the British people in general, as we feel our troops are generally superior.

One instance in question was the shooting down of the US helicopter the one LIKE a Chinook, a Sealion is it? The British troops went on the ground at which point the US command decided it was too dangerous to continue and left the Brits there, they also refused us air support, so after a few hours the RAF pulled em out.

However we are in no state to complain about the US. We have our "Special relationship" Which I feel very proud about, having the US as an ally. Many complain about the US all powerful nature but its a very good thing IMHO. We have the only superpower protecting the West. If it was of a different political allegiance we'd all be in big trouble and the fact that it IS so large allows it to act with a full mighty detering force rather than the divided nations of europe.

In responce to earlier I believe we would have won the war without the US (When I say we I actually mean the RUSSIANS win the war probably leading to Globalwide communism so US is a good thing there smile.gif although we'd have lost in the pacific. And we hardly loaned the US anything, apart from designs, theres no way "We held em together" as thingy said. Well thats my two cents, well not so mych two cents and 50 dollars but anyway.

Actually, your Rolls Royce engines are what made our fighter planes as capable as they were. The P-51's original Allison engine was a complete piece of crap. Also, British involvement in the war actually recieved fairly extensive coverage here in the U.S. Some of the networks even went so far as to suggest that you Brits were doing a better job than us Yanks were. Also, I heard it reported numerous times that while our overall manpower was significantly larger than yours, the British represented a large portion of the actual combat troops.

Britain has been so popular with Americans during the last few months that orders for the Union Jack have gone sky high. People can't find one anywhere, and it is being flown along with our flag in a lot of places.

So, yes we are cocky when it comes to our military capabilities, but i wouldn't say we are arrogant. You Brits are much appreciated.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaPoi @ 03 May 2003,06:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 03 May 2003,04:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they just gave us bubblegum and chocolate to shut us up with.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, the power of Chocolate tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, so thats whats up w/ Austin Power's teeth wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 02 May 2003,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 02 May 2003,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 02 May 2003,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The problem with the Yanks is they're overpaid, oversexed and over here!" - a very common expression in WW2<span id='postcolor'>

Dang i gotta remember this too<span id='postcolor'>

Just remember sig texts are limited to 300 characters. tounge.gif