Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Vbs site updated

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You somehow think that they owe it to you to give it to you for free<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">don't be stupid. <span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm. Pins, I think you missed the point of my post.

Read it again:

If they released this stuff to the public, I'd buy it in no time.

Anyways, why are we still putting up with shitty textures and vehicles after more than a year? Can't they transfer some of the textures and a basic model of some of the vehicles from VBS to OFP?

WTF is up with this?

I am beginning to think that the official release of OFP v1.00 should have been delayed by a year, so that we wouldn't have a need to put up with patch after patch. The original game was very buggy and still is, at v1.90.

In other words, the release of OFP was rushed, in my opinion. They spent 3 years developing it, whats the big deal if they spent one more? We would have ended up with a better game right off the bat.

BTW, I have never in my life owned a copy of Quake. wink.gif

Tyler

Hey guys, calm down, take a chill pill, no need to be so hostile, esp. during the festive season smile.gif

dont forget... if you wait too long, ppl will lose interest...

and btw: if they waited till now with the release, the graphic engine would be that outdated that they just could restart from the ground on updating the whole engine... there will never be a perfect game without bugs... when bis released flashpoint, ofp was well playable... only the multiplayer was a really big problem at the beginning... but that and many other bugs was patched... just tell me the name of one game that came along without patches after its release smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Dec. 03 2002,19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just tell me the name of one game that came along without patches after its release smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

pong, pacman, any many others  tounge.gif

I just noticed something....

Check out VBS1 Core Info page.  Look at the units that are in the BLUFOR (Nato) side...

Car    5-Ton Truck

5-Ton Truck Open

HMMV

Armored   M1A1

Air       A10

AH1

CH47D

Parachute

UH60

Now these are the OPFOR (Ruskie) units:

Car       SCUD

UAZ

URAL

Armored   BMP

Boat

BRDM

T72

T80

Air       MI17

Parachute

Notice any missing units that we have in OFP biggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

Oh ya, look at this in the Miscellaneous Objects section

C-130 Crash

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 03 2002,18:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The original game was very buggy and still is, at v1.90.<span id='postcolor'>

Name a game in the same genre that Opf doesn't piss on from a great height? At 1.0 or at 1.9 the answer is the same.

Opf is in a division above anything currently on the market, I doubt there are any other developers out their with the brains, imagination or balls to create an Opf beater.

@die alive: its only the "core" system they (you) gave us a list of... and they say that there will be addons.... id really like to see a (vehicle-) list of one of those addonpacks... but BIS/Coalescent probably dont even now exactly what will be in the addonpacks...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Dec. 03 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@die alive: its only the "core" system they (you) gave us a list of... and they say that there will be addons.... id really like to see a (vehicle-) list of one of those addonpacks... but BIS/Coalescent probably dont even now exactly what will be in the addonpacks...<span id='postcolor'>

I know it's the "Core" list, but they don't even have a shilka to shoot down the AH1s or A-10! biggrin.gif

We got more (or the same number) in OFP 1.0 than they get in the VBS1 Core game.

-=Die Alive=-

upps... just overread the news on the vbs1 site  tounge.gif

they give us a small list or at least some information about any addons that will come for vbs1

here it is:

Simulation Modules

Coalescent Technologies is developing add-on simulation modules for VBS1â„¢ that provide additional behaviors and associated models which are suited for the following special applications:

US Marine Corps - This module adds models for current USMC small-unit infantry weapons, current uniforms, MOUT facilities, and many other systems in the Marine Air / Ground Task Force (MAGTF) including the AAV, AV-8B, CH-53E, CH-46E, AH-1Z, UH-1Y, LCAC, LAV, and HMMWV.

US Marine Corps Non-Lethal Weapons - This module adds non-lethal weapons, as well as civilians and behaviors, suited for training small unit leaders in decision-making across the spectrum of conflict.

US Marine Corps Forward Observer - With this set of behaviors, the FO moves with the maneuver unit that he’s supporting. Rather than training in a static environment, this system allows him to train in supporting the Marines on a fluid battlefield and to improve his coordination of supporting fires. It incorporates target and observation post location, the Call for Fire (CFF), adjustment of fires (mortar, artillery, Naval Surface Fire Support, and Close Air Support), and damage assessment.

Law Enforcement - This module, currently in development, provides the weapons, urban terrain, clothing, buildings, non-military vehicles, and behaviors for law enforcement and anti-terrorist scenario-based training.

Force Protection - This module will provide scenario-based decision-making training for ship-based or shore facility force protection.

Homeland Defense - Currently in development.

Model Add-on Packs

Coalescent Technologies is developing model add-on packs for VBS1â„¢ that provide additional weapons, vehicles, aircraft, maps, buildings, avatars, weapons.

that info was already available on the Coalsent Technologies site biggrin.gif

I bet u that bis will look carefully, at the nu feature in the bas chopper!!! load in chopper and walking whie in flight

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Dec. 04 2002,03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I bet u that bis will look carefully, at the nu feature in the bas chopper!!! load in chopper and walking whie in flight<span id='postcolor'>

Setpos'd and it was flying still.

@SFG in this stage yes but we are working on a script that makes it posible

vbs1_1008s.jpg

Have you seen this yet?? Is the dust from the rotors? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Dec. 04 2002,19:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have you seen this yet?? Is the dust from the rotors? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

should be no problem to add this by a script.... im sure there has already one been made out there

yep there is one script for that somwhere, BAS is thinking of making a script for the helos also or maybe define in the config somway

Lets try not to get off topic, but, i found this script on my HD made by someone named Aeon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; // DUST script by Aeon

; Require : OFP-Resistance

; [MyChopper] exec "dust.sqs"

_Vehicle = _this select 0

#Start

~0.5

_altitude = getpos _Vehicle select 2

?_altitude<=30 : goto "cycle"

goto "start"

#cycle

?!(alive _Vehicle) : exit

_fuelcheck = fuel _Vehicle

_altitude = getpos _Vehicle select 2

?_altitude>=30 : goto "start"

_locall = drop ["cl_basic", "", "Billboard", 1, 1, [getpos _Vehicle select 0, getpos _Vehicle select 1, -1], [0,0,-10], 5, 1, 0.001, 1, [1, 100 - (_altitude * 3)], [[0.5,0.3,0.2,0], [0.5,0.4,0.2,0.8], [0,0,0,0]], [0,1,0], 0.5, 0.05, "", "", ""]

~0.4

@ _fuelcheck != fuel _Vehicle

goto "cycle"<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 04 2002,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i wonder if VBS guys use addons from OFP community....

good to see you back AntiChrist<span id='postcolor'>

I hope they get payed for it if they do

I think they could legally w/out paying them but still.....

guys I have a definite idead for how to get vbs1 muhahahahhah.

Lets buy a piece of land on the moon and call it "ofpforumland" and we shall proclaim it a repubblic with no wars! But VBS1 will be needed to achieve that goal of supersecurity. That would be the excuse lol. Then we can play smile.gif

the moon is already claimed by somone tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the moon is already claimed by somone<span id='postcolor'>

Yes and he owns it but he sells it pice by pice  smile.gif  actually he does!