Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Vbs site updated

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 18 2002,22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too much VBS:

CPL: 4, Engage AT soldier, 200

PVT-4: 4, Negative!

CPL: Wtf? Negaive, shoot the damn commie!

~30 sec break:

PVT-4: 4, Negative!

CPL: 4, Engage AT soldier, 200

PVT-4: 4, Cant get there!

CPL: Damn, 4 is down!<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif I just hope they're not playing CTF.

*troops come back from Iraq*

"We got the flag!"

"Flag?! What about Saddam, he still in power?"

"uh....who...? Oh yeah him! Who cares, quick let's get to Washington and cap it!"

biggrin.gif

Can you immagine if tank gunners used it to train? *shudder*

commander "I see a T-72 at -"

gunner "house,4 o'clock"

commander "dammit there's a -"

gunner "tree, 2 o'clock"

commander "LISTEN TO ME YOU SIMPLE MINDED MORON, I see a -"

gunner "cute little doggy, 9 o'clock"

BOOM

"YOU ARE DEAD"

i found this on a site

VBS1â„¢ Add-on Simulation Packs

Coalescent Technologies is developing add-on simulation packages for VBS1â„¢ that add additional models, behaviors, weapons, buildings, maps, vehicles, clothing, and additional avatars which are suited for the following special applications:

US Marine Corps - This pack adds models for all current USMC small-unit weapons, current uniforms, ground weapons, MOUT facilities, and most systems in the Marine Air / Ground Task Force (MAGTF) including the AAAV, AV-8B, LCAC, LAV, HMMWV and MTVR.

US Marine Non-Lethal - This set of models adds most non-lethal weapons, civilians and behaviors suited for non-lethal training.

Law Enforcement - This pack, currently in development, provides the weapons, urban terrain, clothing, buildings, non-military vehicles and behaviors for training scenario-based and anti-terrorist tactics.

Anti-Terrorist - Currently in development

a3.jpg

"Oh shit. Now you've done it. Now you've really gone and done it."

"What's the matter sir?"

"Where the hell did you put the game CD??"

"Oh shit..."

*Checks under the tread, confirming the captain's fear*

"Now how the hell are we going to participate in the exercise if we cant start the friggin game?"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 19 2002,10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Now how the hell are we going to participate in the exercise if we cant start the friggin game?"<span id='postcolor'>

This will lead to Marines using cracked versions, which will trigger FADE, which will mean the war will be lost. sad.giftounge.gif

Look, all you Americans that want to play VBS1. just join the Marine Corp and then you'll be able to play the game legally! All of us outside of America, well we wait and suffer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 19 2002,18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the time Im able to sign my ass off to Mother Green, they'll have VBS 3 in beta<span id='postcolor'>

Even better smile.gif

Why play one when you can have 3?

In about another 20 years when the technology is unclassified, VBS1 will be distributed to the public smile.gif

Unforutently by that time Computers will be too high tech to play VBS1 confused.gif

Now all we have to do is to give Talibs some info on US Troops movements in Afghan, organize an ambush on American convoy and steal VBS1 from one of them.

And then put it on Al-Queda FTP tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Sep. 19 2002,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now all we have to do is to give Talibs some info on US Troops movements in Afghan, organize an ambush on American convoy and steal VBS1 from one of them.

And then put it on Al-Queda FTP  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ROFLMAO biggrin.gif

seriously now: I think that there are ppl in the US ARMY that frequent this forum, do u guys actually use VBS at all or it is still in development?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Sep. 20 2002,00<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">seriously now: I think that there are ppl in the US ARMY that frequent this forum, do u guys actually use VBS at all or it is still in development?<span id='postcolor'>

The Army guys better stay away from OUR video games. Heh.

But seriously, my work rig is a Pentium 266 laptop. I can barely run Lotus Notes, much less VBS. AFAIK, it's still in development.

Semper Fi

I'm still itching at the chance to go mess around in the Virtual Prototyping Facility at the IBAR facility in Mich Labs. They have a flight simulator hooked up to 6 (maybe 8) SG workstations. It is SOOO cool, I MUST play with it.

I think there is some information on it here, not sure how current this is though.

IBAR

What did I post that will get me a 48 hour ban? confused.gif

I would have to buy a new PC just to run VBS, so I hope it comes out after I get a new one. biggrin.gif

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystems.com/screenshots02.html

Look at the arab guys, the guys in the suits, and the soldiers. The suit guys look liek something good for Crime City!  biggrin.gif

An interesting thing: go to the pricing and purchase section, go to the request purchase. Look under organizations, and you'll see that 3 of them do not refer to the US Army. Maybe, if we all made a security organization, they would sell VBS1 to us? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quantity of

Licenses

VBS1â„¢ Core Price

per License

1 - 500 $149.00

501 - 1000 $144.00

1001 - 2000 $139.00

2001 - 3000 $134.00

3001 + $129.00

<span id='postcolor'>

It says only for organizations, will it be made totally public ever?

Maybe a toned-down civi version will be available, maybe without the more high-end stuff the army uses. Hopefully, it will get leaked to the public...  biggrin.gif

Don't ban me for a few days, it was just a joke!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Dec. 02 2002,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe a toned-down civi version will be available, maybe without the more high-end stuff the army uses. Hopefully, some warez sites will... biggrin.gif

Don't ban me for a few days, it was just a joke!<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, heh, no actually the core does not have any very advanced army stuff that I know of. smile.gif

Is it really so important to get VBS1 for you guys? I mean, it's not like 1.90 is so much worse. wink.gif