Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Evidently you guys are bogged down in community suggestions and I feel that the community doesn't need to tell you how to make a brilliant game, you're perfectly capable of doing that on your own accord, but one suggestion :D having just had a two hour mission making session with the Arma 2 editor, please align the actual position and size of objects with the icon which represents the object in the editor, it would make editing so much easier and quicker.

Regards and many thanks,

A devoted fan, SW

"Built in mod updating tool."

I am not sure if it is exactly what I would like to see so I will post my suggestion.

-I would like to be able to download the required mods ingame when a server requires it. Like the quake or half-life engine for exemple. You could allow the server owners to set a "download server" where connecting people will download the mods so as not to take the bandwith of the server where people are actualy playing. Also let the server owners chose if they want to allow auto downloading from the game or if they want to redirect you to their favorite website where you should be able able to downlaod manually the mods.

(A custom mesage set by the server owner could pop when you connect to a server that requires mods. So that they can tell you where to download the mods. Or a message could say: "This server require the following mods: mod1, mod2. (214 mo) Do you want to download them? if yes the download automaticly start, if no then you return to the server menu)

-Also this would mean that the game need to be able to auto launch the requireds mods ingame if you already have them in a specific mod folder. A quick auto restart of the game that would directly reconnect you to the proper server is acceptable.

Those suggestions are what will make or brake the arma 3 community. IMO we absolutly need this functionaly to make sure people stay on Arma 3 and to be sure that the servers are more crownded and more diversified than what we currently see in arma 2.

Arma is a game that heavily rely on mods, but those mods aren't as easy to use as they should be. A lot of servers in arma 2 are currently empty or almost empty simply because they requires mods. This turn a lot of new people away from the game. Sure you can always go on the internet, find the mods and install them but this ofthen can become a painful process. Different servers ofter have different version of the same mod. Sometime the mods can simply be hard to find.

People wouldn't be suggesting to see so much new weapons/tanks etc, if they could simply download them from the server that requires them.

unrelated suggestions:

-having a chat engine in the multiplayer lobby would be nice. New people could go there to get some quick help.

-being able to edit missions in "coop". Like allow to player to use the same editor over internet. (be it 2d or 3d, doesn't matter to me)

Edited by nicolasroger

I'd like to see more variations in faces for Arma 3, as well as better support for custom facial and body animations.

I'm not sure if this is supported right now, but I'd LOVE for there to be a way to make custom animations be per-level - in other words, instead of having to make a whole mod of animations just to use in one mission, you just place the animations you want to use in an "animation" folder and call them up with scripts.

This would do wonders for those of us who want to make story-based missions, because right now while we have plenty of animations, there's always some sort of action that doesn't have one. (Especially when it comes to showing emotion)

Example where this could be used:

A fireteam is about to storm a building and stacks up. The pointman shakes a little, and looks back at the fireteam leader nervously. The fireteam leader returns his look with a nod, and the pointman turns around, kicks in the door, and storms in.

You wouldn't have to make a custom animation and make a whole addon for it, you can just place it in the mission folder and call it up with a script.

Varied faces:

Right now, main characters in the campaigns have custom models for them. This is all fine and good, but I'd like to see the generic faces have a little more variety. Right now it is mainly a head with a different face texture, maybe different models for different races. It'd be nice to see variations of the face itself.

Example:

You can select "face_01". "Face_01" is slightly pudgy and has small eyes. "Face_02" is a lot less pudgy, his nose is a bit more pointed, and his ears point outward.

SEALs! It's time for them... we saw Delta Force, M.E.U. and etc. It's time for the SEALs. Underwater demolitions, submarines, HALO, HAHO, etc. classified, classified, classified, deep in the enemy territory, behind enemy lines... that's the perfect story for them! :rolleyes:

Desert Patrol Vehicle

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvNuIIyzzyXkcABBqEJlqcfl4qOes9IvYYVKhfKmofVDbn65QjGA

DPV or FAV (fast attack vehicles) are small and especially fast vehicles

with very light armour and armament intended to provide

a highly mobile component to the mostly foot infantry unit.

Edited by PurePassion

I would love to see EOD bots that could arm and disarm bombs. It would also be cool if you could deploy the bot outside while you're in the back of a vehicle looking at a screen which other people could also see through live time relay.

Edited by x7Steelers7x

SNOW - A game with the potential global scope of ArmA3 should have the potential for all four seasons too, "out of the box". Winter camo, blizzards, snow vehicles, maybe skiing and snow shoes too.

KNIFE - ArmA3 is confirmed to have potential for covert ops (changing into enemy uniform, etc.) It's time for a stealth weapon too. And as a tool for cutting wire/chain link? I can't believe ArmA2 didn't have that. Ala BF3 but with something a bit more realistic feeling time wise, in regards to cutting fence.

K-9 units - Practically every military on earth uses K-9 units as guard dogs, attack dogs, and/or ordinance detection. Maybe throw a wild version in the game and call them "wolves" with a taste for the lone and the wounded.

Shoot out of vehicles and lob grenades IN... hatches on vehicles, open back transports, etc.

SHARKS It's the ocean right, not an aquarium...

Ultra-realism setting and the ability to filter servers by such. True iron sites, minimal UI/HUD, etc.

Officially supported plugins for Blender as a replacement for O2, since not everyone wants to buy (or steal) Maya/Max.

Sniper + Spotter If it was easy to bring the realistic use of a spotter into a game someone would have done it successfully by now. Not sure exactly how to do it but a spotter (AI or human) should be a valuable asset to a serious sniper.

Improved movement dynamics including:

- controlled drop from top of walls, storage containers, etc.

- climb over fence, wall, etc.

- boost/supply hand hold to help others up higher obstacles.

- Run + Jump from roof top to lower roof top, balcony to top of vehicle below, (base jumping!), etc.

Primitive weapons from improvised molotov cocktail to thrown rocks, stick as club, fist.

Restraint & Surrender system and scripting to include the taking of prisoners without using lethal means.

Edited by Oktyabr

At first I thought that this thread was about wishes for gameplay, game engine etc., but seeing how people wish for particular vehicles and weapons to be in the game, and the "content" section in the original post, I've decided to trow some machinery for the consideration myself:

First of all I want to repeat my post from "What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?"-thread:

KAMAZ Typhoon MRAP:

kt5x.jpg

kt4j.jpg

kt3i.jpg

kt2b.jpg

kamaztyphoon.jpg

kt6xd.jpg

Or it equivalent from Ural company (they are bit different in terms of protection, lifting capacity and mass):

img6708aj.jpg

A Dingo-like armored car from the same Typhoon family would be nice too:

kt7c.jpg

kt9i.jpg

TH-495:

th495.jpg

Edited by Corvinus

Some things I'd like to see:

Game Engine

- Subsurface scattering - this can do a lot for the visuals

- Picture in picture - should be added for things like mirrors, and of course, optics

Content

All of these don't have to be added of course, but they're worth consideration.

Pistols:

- Browning Hi-Power

- SIG P226R or SIG P229R

- SIG P220

- H&K USP 9, USP 40, USP 45

- Steyr M9-A1, M40-A1

- Glock 19

- Glock 21

- Glock 23

- Colt Python (8", 6", and/or 4")

- Colt Anaconda (8", 6", and/or 4")

- IMI Desert Eagle (.357, .44, .50AE, maybe even the long barrel variants)

- FN Five-Seven

- S&W M500

Submachine guns

- H&K MP5A4

- H&K MP5K or MP5K PDW

- H&K UMP 45, UMP 40, and/or UMP 9

- H&K MP7A1

Shotguns

- Mossberg 500

- Saiga-12

- Armsel Protecta

- USAS-12

Assault Rifles

- AK-101 or AK-102

- AK-103 or AK-104

- AK-105

- AEK-971S

- AEK-973S

- AS Val

- OTs-14 Groza

- FN FNC

- H&K G36 series

- H&K HK416 series

- H&K HK417 series

- H&K G3A3, G3A4, G3KA4, G3-SG1, and or MC-51

- SIG SG-550

- SIG SG-551

- SIG SG-553

- AUG-A1 and/or AUG-A2

- AUG-A3

- Remington ACR

Light machine guns

- MK43 Mod 0

- MK43 Mod 1

- RPK or RPKS

- RPK-74 or RPK-74M

- PKP

- FN MK48 Mod 0 or Mod 1

- Ultimax 100 Mark 3

Semi-auto rifles, DMRs, and Sniper Rifles

- M14

- M14 Scout

- SOCOM 16

- SKS (normal and one with a modernized stock)

- Remington 700 (.458)

- H&K MSG-90A1

- Barrett M98B

- Barrett M82A1 (.50BMG and/or .416 Barrett)

Edited by boredgunner

WPB Anders:

andersy.jpg

Oshkosh Sand Cat (yes, I know, that there will be M-ATV in the game, but I still like Sand Cat more due to aesthetics):

oshkoshsandcatmlpvminep.jpg

Otokar ARMA:

arma8x805.jpg

And finally, Leopard 2A4 Revolution:

03leopard2revolution.jpg

We've done with armored vehicles.

Airborne systems.

PAK FA as a counterweight to F-35:

pakfa.jpg

Since ARMA 3 already will have Ka-60 (in old configuration, however), a Mi-38 will beÑome a nice accompaniment with it:

mi381.jpg

And NH90 alongside AgustaWestland AW101 can take the rotary-wing niche within Blueforce:

nh90m.jpg

aw791aw101asacweb.jpg

But since we talk about 2035 here, lets let's turn our gaze to a high-speed helicopters, that became a trend recently.

OpFor:

Ka-92:

ka92.jpg

And Mi-X1:

mix1f.jpg

Edited by Corvinus
Applying moderator note.

BlueFor:

Sikorsky X2:

sikorskyx2.jpg

And Eurocopter X3:

eurocopterx3.jpg

Firearms.

VS-8:

vs8q.jpg

or SV-338M1:

sv338m1.jpg

or ORSIS T-5000:

orsist5000.jpg

as Iranian sniper rifle.

HK 45:

hk45marinekopie.jpg

hk45.jpg

or Smith & Wesson MP:

smithwessonmp.jpg

as NATO standard sidearm.

MSBS Radon (either in classic or bullpup configuration):

msbsradon2.jpg

msbsradon.jpg

Edited by Corvinus
Applying moderator note.

Bushmaster ACR (or Magpul Masada, since it pretty much the same):

bushmasteracrentry.jpg

ADS:

ads1y.jpg

Speaking of weapons, I have one idea - what if the player will be able to change a color of his weapon? So in menu before a mission he can choose not only his weapon and accessories for it, but also a color of a gun itself? So an ACR, for example, can be in tan, black or olive-green, or HK 45 can be all black or with tan grip. A night mission? - All black. Desert map? - Tan. Lemnos? - Olive-green. Pure aesthetics in singleplayer, but can come in handy in multiplayer. But lets forget about all this and finish this post.

Accessories.

While Iranians have those distinctive insect-like helmets, the BlueFor still wear old ACH. So why not improve their helmets with few accessories?

BALTSKIN system (maybe with integrated "augmented reality" system):

revisionbaltskin.jpg

or additional protection pieces from Crye Precision:

hlmae108000.jpg

hlmac108000.jpg

And finally, in my opinion Iranian pilots should have something like this instead of F-35 helmets:

t5077.jpg

That's all. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Corvinus
Applying moderator note.

While playing several FPSs lately, I noticed how rather unrealistic it is for the characters to always walk around with their weapon held up, even if it's a heavy machine weighing over 10 kilograms. ARMA 2 does offer you the possibility to lower your weapon, but I find it to be quite clumsy to use this in the middle of a firefight.

A less clumsy and more realistic way of weapon handling would be to:

- have the player by default have is weapon pointing down. By that I don't mean the relaxed stance that comes with lowering your weapon in ARMA 2. The weapon should still be shouldered. Moving around in this stance won't make your weapon clip to objects either.

- when the player presses the LMB (Left Mouse Button) from this stance, the weapon immediately fires to the centre of the players view. Picture this: you are walking down the street in an urban environment while scanning for threats using freelook. Suddenly you see an enemy in the second story window at your 10 o'clock. Now all you have to do to fire at him is pressing your LMB. Of course, firing in this manner with a M60 will take longer then with a MP5, since a M60 is a lot heavier.

- when the player presses the RMB, he will bring up his weapon and look through the (CQB-)sights of the weapon. This means all weapons should have CQB-sights of some sort. This doesn't have to be more then looking over your scope. Having your weapon up will drain your fatique, and of course: the heavier the weapon, the faster it will drain.

Note: all this only applies to the standing and crouching stance. Now on to the inventory.

Cycling through your inventory in ARMA 2 can be quite a bit of a hassle. Drawing a sidearm often means you NEED that sidearm quickly and when you need to search for it for 5 seconds in your action menu, you probably end up getting shot. Also, the action menu often becomes cluttered with switching to pieces of equipment. I think this comes primarely through the lack of hotkeys for equipment.

Making a hotkey system* like in CoD 4 would not only make it easier to cycle through equipment, but it would also make the action menu more of an "action menu" and less of a "inventory menu".

*For instance: press number 1 for primary weapon, 2 for pistol, 3 for grenades, 4 for GL, 5 for AT/AA launcher etc. When you select a certain weapon in this manner, you can subsequently cycle through the fire modes with your f-key. (Instead of the numerals under the function-keys, you might as well use the numpad numbers. This way the command system doesn't have to be bound to other keys.)

+1, even though you might get criticism for it.

Rendering texture enables active camouflage for tanks.

For both of optical and thermal images.

Here's a couple of weapons that would fit nicely into BIS' future:

The AK-103:

445px-AK103.jpg

The AN-94:

400px-Russian_AN-94_Izhmash_Nikonov_with_GP-34_grenade_launcher.jpg

As Corvinus said, the Remington ACR:

400px-Bushmaster-acr-carbine.jpg

And last but not least, the Remington MSR:

450px-MSR_alt.jpg

Also, I ripped none of these weapons from any CoD. Trust me.

Edited by OnlyRazor
Made more constructive :D

Can we at least keep the ideas and wishes a bit constructive? Posting dozens of pics for being your ideas and wishes is fun but totally misses the point of this topic.

Also watch max filesize for hotlinked pics, no images over 100kb! Next time the forum rules apply.

When adding an unit to choose not only his gear (vest, clothes, helmets), but also the weapons, ammonition and etc. (I'm talking for the editor.) Because... I want to add weapon like M9 silenced for Graves (Undercover) and I have to use script for this... but I can't make scripts, I'm newby in this job, I just can make some easy scripts like attachto and etc.

Hope it's not repeated wish.

I would like to say something:

Check the first post and the confirmed features thread before you post something. The idea behind this thread was that when a forum member wanted to post something that was already on the list he/she would have to come up with somethig new to post and that way we keep the list as diverse and fresh as possible.

For example the XM-25 was posted earlier even though it's a confirmed weapon in ArmA 3.

Thank you :)

Edited by Maio
Why do they hunger...

When you do testing on hardware to run the game please do include an AMD AM3+ FX series processor test. I have a FX 8150 and a few games do not function correctly with this CPU such as shogun 2 and Deus Ex. I just would like for it to be confirmed that there is no problems with FX architecture on launch day.

Looks like no one said it, so I will:

Weapon animations! I do find it odd that a game set to release in 2012 lacks weapon animations, especially for a game that revolves around them. I want animations for all of the hand held weapons, both for aesthetic and gameplay reasons. I want reloading AT rocket launchers to take longer (like they do in real life). Same with belt fed MGs. An M4 can be reloaded far, far quicker. It is one of the draw backs to belt fed MGs and AT rocket launchers. Not modeling this is a huge lacking in ArmA 2 currently. And it looks ugly with your hands flopping around... :p

And I'd like for the weapon sights to not clip into the players face (FN FAL ArmA 2) as it is very annoying and disorienting. Same with hands clipping into the weapons.

Otherwise:

- 3D mode in mission editor

- Measurement tool in ME - see Lock On FC2

- Make a "follow road" waypoint where the way point sticks to a road. Lock On features this. It is much quicker to place a single way point and have it follow the road than placing down 60 or so individual ones hoping to follow the road.

- Better AI squad interface.

- Better vehicle physics.

- Better vehicle damaging.

- No more vehicles sitting somewhere after being hit, and suddenly turning black.

- Less clumsy entering/exiting/switching position in vehicle system.

- Less getting out of vehicles "floating" down and taking damage.

- Better AI path finding.

- Friendly AI that stops shooting when a friendly is in front of them. I loose more of my team members due to friendly AI mowing everyone down with their machinegun.

- 3D scopes. Look at RO2, very nicely done.

- Usable iron sights for scoped weapons... but have an animation that switches them. Again look at RO2. The magical "appear here" way ArmA 2 does it is very disorienting and ugly. It was fine in 1999, but not in 2012.

- Working grenade leaf sights that can be flipped up and down (with animation). In ArmA 2 they are either up or down. For the weapons that have it down, you lack sights fore your grenades.

- Better grenade throwing mechanics. Being able to move and throw would be a plus.

- Better smoke grenades, tear gas grenades, and flash bangs.

- Better movement indoors.

Edited by Flogger23m

i have more request:

animals:

-mermaids

-wild boar

-camels

-lizards

vehicles:

planes:

-F-4G

-A-4E

-A-1E

I've retained some of the most important things (or oddball in at least one case) I support. In addition to that, my suggestions or notes on why I support an idea are bolded for easier identification.

GAMEPLAY

• Co-pilot to be able to take over controls after pilot has been hit (It was incredible to see this in TOH. I'd love to see it implemented in all aircraft that have a co-pilot.)
  • Hydration (Not vastly important to me, but worth mentioning that I like.)
  • The ability ride on vehicles without the need to script it in
  • Down-force effect on trees
  • Scalable Flight Mechanic Difficulty for fixed wing and rotary wing. (As already done in TOH)

GAME ENGINE

• 3D intractable cockpits and environment (from TKOH)
  • Flammability (Vehicle's, vehicle components, buildings, environment)
  • Voice control of AI.
  • Weather effects on landscape (more variety of weather in general, would be nice.)
  • Optimazation suggestion
  • Drastically reduce the HDD performance requirement during play.
  • Drastically increase the range of supported hardware. IE, let us scale up to 32gb of ram or higher and enable full support for multi-core processors.

CONTENT

Fixed wing:

• VOTL's. Fixed Wing VTOL's. As many as you can fit in.

Rotor wing:

• Retain Access to modern day helicopters.
  • Ensure at least one rotor wing aircraft is capable of air lifting a main battle tank.

MISCELLANEOUS

(All mine, bolding removed here)

• TrackIR Unobtrusive and small UI element that appears while on foot that helps show which way you are looking in relation to your characters direction of travel.
  • Controls Separate bindings for Flaps and VTOL turbines/tiltroters. Include support for analog for precise control, instead of only allowing pre-set angles. Additionally, remove "Auto Hover" as a pre-requisite for putting an aircraft into hover mode. Auto hover should keep all aircraft stable. The term makes no sense for switching the mode of the aircraft. (THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT TO ME!!!)
  • UI Full head helmets should include over the eye HUD's to add things like compass direction, three digit bearing and current GPS coordinates. If you do not have said helmet equipped, you don't get the HUD. Same helmet could theoretically allow you to see lased targets marked solely by the laser code.