Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Kinect Face Tracking (the specs. of the new Kinect Version reads greats)

ToH flight physics (harder! greater wind influence ...)

More complex driving physics

Damage modeling and impact

3D Editior

Grass textures from far away (more LOD's), too easy to spot enemys when "behind high grass" ...

An easy to imlement but very usefull improvement to the tank usage.

"Beeing able to change stance/crouch while looking out of the tanks hatch"

How its now

What I would like to see

Basically you should be able to decrease your profile while looking out of the hatch. Its something you can see in Steal Beasts for example. While in Steal beasts there is the ability to move up and down the hatch without any restrictions - its not really necessary to have that implemented into Arma.

But a simple "lower stance" while looking out of the hatch to reduce ones profile would add a lot to the immersion and would be comparable easy to implement - since its basically just a different position for the soldiers model.

Also - since you can allready move your soldier to the sides and front in Arma 3s helicopters and unarmored vehicles - it seems to be even a smaller task=)

Greetz!

SOOO many good suggestions here. Hope someone is actually organizing them all...

Sucba:

- Decompression Sickness from SCUBA (of course there will have to be a training mission to teach people the rules of SCUBA that prevent the bends (and obv. you're not going to want to do actual decompression times..

- Use dive knife to guy fish

- Would LOVE to see corals in the editor so I can make reefs

- Modified Wrecks that simulate the damage of being on a sunken ship not the typical "blow up in battle" ones

- Ability to place sea animals in editor (also WAY MORE sea animals lol)

- Currents making it hard/impossible to swim certain paths

Environment:

- Shifting sands both underwater AND in desert areas (I know this is a big request but I've come up with some cheesy scripting theories to do it so I can't imagine you guys couldn't do better)

Weapons:

- Modular Rail system for scopes/accessories (want blinding strobe attachment NOW)

Gameplay

- Jump/Combat Roll

First of all I wanna give a big thank you for the BI stuff and managers for creating such a good game and i mean all ARMA collection witch i have them being proud of that also, and second .... damn guys u know how to make a game not like others.... I must say i have 31 years old and till now i never find a game so powerful, so amazing...a game that makes u playin it all the day...I'm very honest and thats why i bought when i saw ARMA 3 digital deluxe also to help you guys. I dont have any words to express my feelings for your games. Bohemia Interactive from my opinion its the best and has a big BIG future in game industry. Thank you for moments in my life that makes me happy ;)

Sincerely,

LZ

Regarding the tank sounds - steel beasts pro is definately a good source to get the sounds right!

Also - the communication inside the tank should be very similar to this game. This would improve the command aspect a lot.

The U.S. Army FED - Jay Leno's Garage.

Army General Dennis L. Via and Chief Engineer Dr. Grace Bochenek give Jay a tour of the Army's latest vehicle, designed to minimize fuel consumption and maximize the safety of the troops.

Maybe we will see this one in A3 :-) ?

I have little knowledge on the actual workings of the hiddenSelections.

I would like to see a method of hiddenSelections that allows you to also replace the normal and spec maps if it's possible.

when emerging from the water with dive goggle on, theres should be some water dripping on the screen :)

And the actual line between water and air seems a bit thin to me.. maybe some cool effects to make emerging a nicer experience.

currently the passengers of RHIBs lay on the side weapons foward but cannot fire. please allow us to shoot from RHIB.

Please let us shoot from little bird. i love flying low and hard and want my passengers to be able to shoot at cars 10 feet infront of their face like IRL on youtube.

Greetings.

Just a couple of idea i had.

Does the AI use cloud computing and become more and more smarter with the number of user connected?

Does the AI in certain situations, can reach higher levels of awareness without the client to know?

Or how much of the computing power is related to AI computation?

If the AI use cloud computing to execute even more larger and complex algorithm this could be a good idea to improve it.

You make the clients connected work too using their connections and their processors, without overloading the server. This is not to make the server work less of course, but to reach the best AI ever made.

You could do it that every piece of complexity and algorithm (you need to rewrite it, ask to AI scienstits help, i'm just a chemist) is startled when a certain level of computation is reached. When the computation level is not reached or get below a certain level, the ai get dumbed down to a previous level. I'm not asking to put this feature in Arma 3, but maybe in Arma 6.

In 5 or 6 years everyone will probably have a much better cpu ( you should see this in even less time tho), this would lead to a self improving AI where you just need to develop even more complex and faster algorithms.

You could make even more level and sublevels. Just imagine with your programmers brain where this could lead.

Of course reaching the level of a single human brain is far from accomplished, and how much this would improve the AI in Arma is out of my view, but i guess that 20 cpu working 20 % more (imagine quad cores) is mich more than a single server cpu.

Gameplay

- Switching weapons between shoulders, there should be a quick way that just makes him shift the shoulder but not the actual grip on the rifle, this could be done by holding a key, while doubletapping the said key it would change the grip on the gun also. This would also make the urban prone (prone - CTRL+S) be executed lying on the left side.

- The secondary weapon urban prone where he is lying on his back, should be a "panic-prone" this would be a quick prone that you would use if taking fire through a door or hallway or something similar that catches you off guard. Perhaps keeping the prone key held down could trigger this. while tapping it would put you in regular prone. It should also be avaliable for rifles and have the ability to both roll and lean from this stance. (in more hardcore milsim mods this could be used as a tripping reaction if moving backwords and stepping into rocks, or other low objects.)

-Rolling while in prone could be made so that if you keep the lean key pressed you would roll sideways, but if you press it quickly you would roll on your back like the aformentioned "panic-prone" The ability to throw grenades from this position would be nice.

Delete snakes! How person with Ophidiophobia can play this game? Snakes are completly useless in game. :mad:

Edited by Foxhound
do not type in all bold font!

Integration of the Take on Helicopters engine. This feature was promised with the release of TOH.

-Content; more varieties of planes in the game, maybe even air transportation.

-Content; much more animal life in the game, environment and an island with vast forest, there must be more animals. Horses, cows, sheep, foxes, dogs, cats, birds.

-Game-engine; capsules of bullets that appear and stay on the ground.

-Gameplay; possição of a possible cover, or with shoulders leaning against the walls, as well as in real operations.

Edited by Overvolt

More simplified addAction, able to sync it with an object and have simple parameters, text, what script to run and allow for arguments so you don't need to change your script to change arguments

Active Protection Systems for Vehicles

Merkeva's with working APS (active protection system) like the trophy are operational today. The trophy detects and deflects incoming ATGMs and HEAT rounds by shooting the incoming round with an airburst charge.

This does not make the Merkeva's invincible as the APS as it has limited ammo, does not work every time and does not defend against any form of kinetic penetrator. In arma infantry would still be able to engage a APS vehicle with future shoulder launched hypersonic kinetic penetrators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2efCYei_FDQ

I know this might be difficult for the dev's to implement, but this will really add to the feeling of future war if vehicles can actively defend against certain threats. It could be implemented by simply letting certain incoming threats explode prematurely in say a 5m radius around the vehicle, while kinetic rounds ignores this defence field. The system could also be blinded with a active jammer from a launcher.

The idea is that certain vehicles are equipped with APS and that an array of kinetic ammo is added for launchers and guns to counter the defence.