Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 19 2003,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Think of it as a means of inflicting pain on your friends without blowing limbs off.<span id='postcolor'>

there's Boxe and other martial arts for that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont see how playing in the middle of a park does anything, in my opion this is better then playing with a bunch of idiots i dont know, also having to drive a way away to get there. and with my freinds its more fun. its not like were running around in the middle of the streets in a houseing development.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, Las Vegas is a ghost town. confused.gif

What you're doing with the guns is, no offense, stupid. A cop is going to see you, or a civilian will tell a cop, and then you'll be arrested or shot. It doesn't matter if they're fake guns, the cop isn't going to care. It doesn't matter if you're only shooting your friends, the cops don't know that you're not taking position to waste 40 or 50 people with fully automatic rifles in the morning. They see people crawling around in the dark with what looks like a fully automatic rifle. And the only way they're going to know that it's fake is when they examine it off your body.

Just. Plain. Stupid.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas?<span id='postcolor'>

Why do you feel the need to play operation flashpoint?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do you feel the need to play operation flashpoint? <span id='postcolor'>

To enhance his killing powers obviously. Plus learn how to fly a chopper and drive a tank in one fell swoop! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas?<span id='postcolor'>

Why do you feel the need to play operation flashpoint?<span id='postcolor'>

to have a dangerless fun entertainment smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas ?<span id='postcolor'>

Its just another sport, ran smile.gif

Why do cricketers feel like waving around that large stick? Why do rugby players feel like beating each other up? Why do feel boxers like smashing each other up? Why do airsofters feel like shooting each other with plastic pellets biggrin.gif

Same thing smile.gif

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 19 2003,23wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't come complaining to us when you get shot by a police officer.<span id='postcolor'>

sorry if i hear a fucking squad car pull up im not gonna keep waving my fucking gun around like an idiot.

edit: and just because i refuse to drive 20 miles to go somehwere else and play doesnt mean you have to get all pissy, as a matter of fact i dont even see how it concerns you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 20 2003,07:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">to have a dangerless fun entertainment smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well there you go. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry if i hear a fucking squad car pull up im not gonna keep waving my fucking gun around like an idiot.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh good, run from the police officers. That's a lot smarter! confused.gifmad.gifcrazy.gif

Heres what you should do if you're still playing in a public area with a realistic looking toy gun and the police come up to you.

1) Throw your gun on the ground.

2) Put your hands in the air.

3) The police will proceed to be rough with you, smashing you into the ground, kneeling on your back, and twisting your arms around to handcuff them behind you. You will then be taken to prison where your cellmates... well... they're not friendly.

Orrr you could drive a half hour to play with people who share the same interests, make a few friends, and have a good time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

1) Throw your gun on the ground.

2) Put your hands in the air.

<span id='postcolor'>

What are you? French? biggrin.gif sorry ran sad.gif

But bobby, it is a lot better to play somewhere wih people who have the same intrests.

No don't join the military, it's good playing OFP. I know Ran can say this because the French just beat everyone nowadays with very few casualties, well according to exercises they do. But generally going to a place like Northern Ireland is not fun, well unless you're the paras!

Those guys are crazy!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 20 2003,02:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 19 2003,23<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't come complaining to us when you get shot by a police officer.<span id='postcolor'>

sorry if i hear a fucking squad car pull up im not gonna keep waving my fucking gun around like an idiot.

edit: and just because i refuse to drive 20 miles to go somehwere else and play doesnt mean you have to get all pissy, as a matter of fact i dont even see how it concerns you.<span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

despair.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 20 2003,07:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">edit: and just because i refuse to drive 20 miles to go somehwere else and play doesnt mean you have to get all pissy, as a matter of fact i dont even see how it concerns you.<span id='postcolor'>

<span style='font-size:42pt;line-height:100%'>20 MILES!?!?!?!?!</span>

stress_head.jpg

I drive 35 miles to school all the time!  Thats a 70 mile round trip!!!!  And you're concerned about driving 20 miles to avoid beign arrested and ruining the sport of airsoft for the rest of us!?!?!?!?!?

And yes it does concern me!  You know why people are so up tight about people playing airsoft?  Because of people running around being very irresponsible with their toys thus making everybody else think that we're going to act the same way.  You're ruining it for the rest of us!

Face it...

titanicbadi.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 19 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And putting it bluntly, paintball doesnt cut it if you're trying to be realistic.  The guns are very sci fi looking.  Plus paintballs are more expensive than airsoft pellets!

I dont play either, but my personal comparison would be:

Airsoft = OFP

Paintball = CS

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Bah, to me that's like people saying Ghost Recon is better than OFP because the graphics look prettier. Sure airsoft guns look much more accurate, but paintball guns usually have more power -if you're hit you'll notice, and it'll usually hurt enough that you won't want to be hit again. What I play is a bit of a hybrid between paintball and airsoft - paintball guns loaded with rubber-coated ball bearings (because of the high price of paintballs, as you've said).

Though this summer, me and some employees from my store will be challenging employees from a sister store to an actual paintball match, should be a blast biggrin.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 20 2003,11:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I play is a bit of a hybrid between paintball and airsoft - paintball guns loaded with rubber-coated ball bearings (because of the high price of paintballs, as you've said).<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif Is that safe? crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif Is that safe? crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Very smile.gif. The rounds are just a bit heavier than a regular paintball, and the guns are toned down a bit to compensate. The only time I came close to having my skin penetrated was when I won a game of "Endurance" - Basically, you're dead when YOU decide you're dead - i.e. you can't   take anymore. The game was stopped when just me and another guy were left and neither was giving up . Those were some nasty welts biggrin.gif. The management has since decided to stop offering "Endurance" since it was too hard on the guns sad.gif.

the place I play at:

http://www.tagball.com/

*edit* Forgot to mention that the referee's guns are generally NOT toned down - a great incentive not to cheat biggrin.gif.

Bah, paintball is fun but I just get a bigger kick out of airsoft.  Plus it's just not right playing with goofy looking multi-colored blow up shapes for cover.

speedball.jpg

crazy.gif

It's just not the same as using a tree for cover, using a ditch as a trench. biggrin.gif

Man I wish I didn't have $3000 to pay off and good grades to earn.

edit - Hehehe

"ALL, take cover."

"2, standby. *gasp**blow**gasp**blow**gasp**blow*"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 20 2003,07:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Rubber-coated ball bearings are actually cheaper than paintballs?  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They are when you don't have to replace them, just pick them up after every game smile.gif. (It's a 6000 sq ft. indoor maze, which is somewhat of a drawback, but they change the layout every few weeks to keep it interesting, and it's usually well designed).

They don't get dirty and jam your guns?

And if you go there every week maybe you should work there. I know I would. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,05:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I drive 35 miles to school all the time!  Thats a 70 mile round trip!!!!  And you're concerned about driving 20 miles to avoid beign arrested and ruining the sport of airsoft for the rest of us!?!?!?!?!?

And yes it does concern me!  You know why people are so up tight about people playing airsoft?  Because of people running around being very irresponsible with their toys thus making everybody else think that we're going to act the same way.  You're ruining it for the rest of us!<span id='postcolor'>

whoopdee shit? now ask me if i give a fuck about you driving that long, thats your choice. and i seriously doubt me getting arrested will ruin the sport for everyone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,07:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They don't get dirty and jam your guns?<span id='postcolor'>

Not really, the guns do jam occasionally but I doubt it's due to dirt on the balls

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

And if you go there every week maybe you should work there. I know I would. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I wish biggrin.gif. 3-4 times a year tops. It's still an expensive hobby. I get a free 2 hour game within two weeks of my birthday every year though smile.gif.

LOL, I wish I could find a place like that around here.

There was a job opening back when I lived in New Jersey for a referee. I couldn't take it though, we were about to move. I figured I could do without getting shot at all the time and wierd hours that I couldn't make in the first place. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 20 2003,07:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,05:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I drive 35 miles to school all the time!  Thats a 70 mile round trip!!!!  And you're concerned about driving 20 miles to avoid beign arrested and ruining the sport of airsoft for the rest of us!?!?!?!?!?

And yes it does concern me!  You know why people are so up tight about people playing airsoft?  Because of people running around being very irresponsible with their toys thus making everybody else think that we're going to act the same way.  You're ruining it for the rest of us!<span id='postcolor'>

whoopdee shit? now ask me if i give a fuck about you driving that long, thats your choice. and i seriously doubt me getting arrested will ruin the sport for everyone.<span id='postcolor'>

Lord. you really dont get it, do you?

Here's a scenario:

You and your moron park playing airsoft friends are running around like idiots shooting at each other with airsoft guns in a dark park. SOme jogger or guy out walking his dog sees you and your buddies. Calls the cops. Guy just so happens to know what MP5's or whatever you are using look like. And you've either painted the barrels black ofver the orange so you look more '1337' or he doesnt see the orange plugs. So he calls 911 and mentions there are some guys with firearms running around in the part. And some jumpy cop with an itchy finger winds up shooting one of you yahoos.

Then the angry lawyers come out and in the end no one can buy airsoft guns in the state. And if you dont think it can happen, you need to give your head a shake. Some lady won megabucks from McDonalds because their coffee was hot!! Can you imagine how much would happen if someone actually got killed?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you've either painted the barrels black ofver the orange so you look more '1337' or he doesnt see the orange plugs<span id='postcolor'>

i dont think so, because that is too fucking stupid, just to be '1337'? god... and if some cop car pulls up, there is no fucking way im still going to be holding my gun waveing it around. and for the past 7 FUCKING YEARS i have been living here, i havent seen no 'jogger' going up to this park, some lady walking her dogs, nothing. and please stop bitching already. this shit still doesnt concern you, so stop bitching just because you can. if you lived around here you would understand the situation better. but you dont.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 20 2003,13:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this shit still doesnt concern you, so stop bitching just because you can. if you lived around here you would understand the situation better. but you dont.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it does concern us. Why? Because every time someone does something dumb, we lose another freedom.

It's happened so many times before. Some girl in my high school skipped school so many times they stopped letting us leave the property for lunch. Some rookie pilot blows a noise abatement procedure, they shut the whole airport down. Some kid gets blown away by a 19 year old cop in Las Vegas, airsoft is illegal in the US.

mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 20 2003,07:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,05:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I drive 35 miles to school all the time!  Thats a 70 mile round trip!!!!  And you're concerned about driving 20 miles to avoid beign arrested and ruining the sport of airsoft for the rest of us!?!?!?!?!?

whoopdee shit? now ask me if i give a fuck about you driving that long, thats your choice. and i seriously doubt me getting arrested will ruin the sport for everyone.<span id='postcolor'>

headbang.gif

I'll now stay away from this thread for the next few weeks, or I will end up in hospital with a hemorrhage crazy.gif