Jump to content
sync0s

[WIP] Dusty Roads (Wild West Modification)

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Nichols said:

I am guessing that for the trains you are going to use Duda Advanced Train's mod? Overall I like the way this is going. Been keeping an eye on this for a long time now.

That's an affirmative Nichole's old spearhead bud!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small little update more updates coming next week. We recently picked up the Colt Single Action Army, 1878 Hartford Coach Gun should be done this weekend

tfNOToT.jpg

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great, Just a few Questions... Will there be female characters?  Do you have to own Arma III to be able to play the mod (sorry never played a mod).  Is the game currently active and being played?  Sorry so many questions but really looking for a good western "game"  I have played in a Wild West Roleplay in another game for years and did alot of different things in world.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EagLeTaLoN_ said:

Do you have to own Arma III to be able to play the mod (sorry never played a mod).  

 

All Arma3 mods and addons need Arma3 to play. Hence it been a modification of the base game :f:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything optix' involded should be solid and this already looks fantastic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EagLeTaLoN_ said:

Looks great, Just a few Questions... Will there be female characters?  Do you have to own Arma III to be able to play the mod (sorry never played a mod).  Is the game currently active and being played?  Sorry so many questions but really looking for a good western "game"  I have played in a Wild West Roleplay in another game for years and did alot of different things in world.  

Yes to all your questions we have a few ideas with the female outfits ill show ya some 

Cowgirls-in-the-early-20th-century-4.jpg

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know much about the time, but why is the shotshell red?

 

I thought red shotgun shells were only really a thing when plastics came around, and they were white/grey paper or brass-hulled before then?

Nice shotgun though, hammer and double triggers :don11:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

I don't know much about the time, but why is the shotshell red?

 

I thought red shotgun shells were only really a thing when plastics came around, and they were white/grey paper or brass-hulled before then?

Nice shotgun though, hammer and double triggers :don11:

Thanks for the heads up that totally crossed my mind 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my limited research and knowledge on the matter most shotgun shells of the period AFTER the Civil War were drawn brass, or a paper tube with over shot card wad and rolled edge closure and almost all of the shell bases were brass that was stamped with the gauge and makes name similar to what is done today. Also shotgun shell boxes didn't look anything close to what we have today or even like they were after WW1. They were ornate 2 piece boxes with very cool pictures drawn on the tops of the manufacturers logo and name.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the holster that you have created is wonderfull

would you be able to have it also in black and also in other colors of leather with cartridges

in any case your work is fantastic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lesbille said:

the holster that you have created is wonderfull

would you be able to have it also in black and also in other colors of leather with cartridges

in any case your work is fantastic

we have a few colors for that holster we are also creating another 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have had a few hiccups with the development of our horse 6 months ago i was in contact with a man  he showed me some images and videos of his amazing horse he was developing for arma so we agreed we would continue to fork money forward and continue development. However 3 weeks ago the developer left Arma completely we asked to pay him for his files so we could release our mod with a horse he said no sir. So we have taken matters into out own hand because we still believe in arma as a hole. When it comes to a deadline for this mod we are coming up on our 1 year mark and i have zero clue when the full mod will be complete again we need a working horse for this mod. However alpha testing will start soon this is a small update to yall who have been following our mod weather its good or bad news i want to be transparent with the community 

 

Horse Model and Animations in Blender still trying to figure out how to put it together for arma if you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to contact me if you feel you can help with the horse contact me. https://gyazo.com/bcda1b28bc6a46e3776f928292c16f29 

 

 

 

Some Other New things 

cfJvtJy.jpg?width=1192&height=671

GhigKHN.jpg?width=1192&height=671

dr_stadium_update_002.PNG?width=1059&hei

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the horse is a major time sink/ difficulty perhaps you could stage the releases? Perhaps have an initial release with the map/ terrain objects, and then start to add in your content like firearms, uniforms and other equipment as they go along, rather than doing a single major release. The horse and other mechanical things could be added as they are refined/built, rather than trying to get everything out at once. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2018 at 6:57 AM, jarrad96 said:

If the horse is a major time sink/ difficulty perhaps you could stage the releases? Perhaps have an initial release with the map/ terrain objects, and then start to add in your content like firearms, uniforms and other equipment as they go along, rather than doing a single major release. The horse and other mechanical things could be added as they are refined/built, rather than trying to get everything out at once. 

It is supposed to be a large map. I am not sure it will be very fun (not to mention immersion breaking) to jog for 30 minutes between each location. Unless of course they use ATVs as placeholders :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated the main thread images enjoy 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like a great mod. I wish you luck with your horse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×