Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

1.90 bug list

It almost seems like there is a faulty batch of OFP CDs out there with the Strella bug: some people get it, others dont... confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 27 2002,14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It almost seems like there is a faulty batch of OFP CDs out there with the Strella bug: some people get it, others dont... confused.gif  confused.gif  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I got the european cd and I have had the strela-bug since 1.20 I think.

Atleast I remember I did'nt have the bug with 1.0

Well, I get the error message with the missing strela too. But it could be way worse! At least it`s only because of a pic wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Nov. 27 2002,14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 27 2002,14wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It almost seems like there is a faulty batch of OFP CDs out there with the Strella bug: some people get it, others dont... confused.gif  confused.gif  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I got the european cd and I have had the strela-bug since 1.20 I think.<span id='postcolor'>

same here...

2 bugs:

1. Running with the handgun doesn't make you feel tired

(no stamina change or hard-breathing)

2. House in sector GA65 on Nogova (the one which is close to the bridge) seems indestructable. I put m1a1 and try to destroy it, but it is never destroyed. Could this be due to house having an animated doors module???

My streal picture is missing too. I have the European version of OFP. It seems the picture is only missing in european version.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Nov. 27 2002,17:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It seems the picture is only missing in european version.<span id='postcolor'>

I have the Euro version, too. sad.gif

OK, Suma, we're talking about patch 1.95 here. mad.giftounge.gif

I have the european version too and never had this bug (playing every version since 1.00). So it doesn't seem to have to do with the european version...

ammo still spills out of the crates if you load them to much...... maybe you get a message when the vehicle is full or you just dont get a message to load it if it is full? Or maybe someone can make a script to do this......

On MP games I seem to be getting random faces of other players instead of myself as well.

im pretty sure mine is the euro verson i have in NZ, i never used to get strela bug but it happened bak in one of the patches sum where.

Tank cannons and Hwmg barrels rises up by themselves. And make the Lmg and Hwmg soundContinuous=0; so i can rest in peace. biggrin.gif

Wow, from what I've read here it seems like they pretty much fixed up all the bugs from 1.78 -1.85 etc ...

Looking at this thread, most people are saying this patch is pretty good, and there are just a few people complaining about stupid little things or little multiplayer things. I don't play multiplayer so it doesn't make any difference to me!

So I am curious, when the GOTY edition comes out, will it be patched up to 1.90? I hope so. And does anyone here know when it will be out or if it is out yet already?

Strange bug with music in mp missions (on dedicated server) in 1.90. The music is started from the intro script and runs fine in preview mode. When playing the mission on a dedicated server running 1.90 it won't play (the intro plays, just not the music), while it did with 1.88. Now music is played on clients, so I really don't understand how the change of the server version could be causing this.

Also it is not the first time I (and other map makers on our server) have used custom music in missions, and it always worked with earlier versions. The original BIS soundtrack plays fine - just the custom music won't...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Nov. 27 2002,04:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know what everyone is complaining about.  My strela shows up perfectly.

One thing I've noticed in 1.90 (didn't notice it before so I assume it was an added feature) is that you can now drop items directly from the notepad on map instead of in-game actions.  Notice the drop icon.

strela.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

I've been using that feature since resistance came out. A lot of people don't know about it. And on MP servers, I try to explain, but they don't seem to get it confused.gif

Hi,

this strella pic is also missing from my game... I have european too. But I also noticed, that u can't even read the info page of this weapon. sad.gif

CU:

LightBringer

G3 and FAL pics still mixed.

G3 and FAL eject pistol sized empties

G3 and FAL have no tracers

FAL is spelled FALL in full auto

MP5 and Bizon ejects rifle sized empties

Hunting rifle fires tracers

M4, XMS with mortars look like M16s (this has been here since V1.0

Ingram and skorpion ROF is too slow

Pistols still have wrong capacity (I was suprised to see that the revolver had 6 and not 5 or 4 capacity)

AKs still have a burst feature (which they shouldn't, so why not give the M16A2 a full auto setting then? get the point?)

what about that stupid.......SOUND BUG? (when you fire a gun in a full or semi auto really fast, you can't hear the gun shots).....................it pisses me off mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AKs still have a burst feature (which they shouldn't, so why not give the M16A2 a full auto setting then? get the point?)<span id='postcolor'>

Because everything doesn't have to be 100% equal.

The AK and M16 rates of fire are fucked in Resistance, but that's probably not going to change, as it looks like those were conscious design decisions. Shitty ones, but conscious decisions nonetheless

The hunting rifle is a "lefty" version! (mirrored) Probably by accident.

PLEASE BIS: use the potential of your great product, and go for realism and use realistic accuracy and ballistic parameters for your guns.

out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Dec. 01 2002,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone noticed if you walk up to another soldier on an MP game your face will change to his?<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure? I haven't seen this happen.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecube @ Dec. 02 2002,06:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The hunting rifle is a "lefty" version! (mirrored) Probably by accident.

PLEASE BIS: use the potential of your great product, and go for realism and use realistic accuracy and ballistic parameters for your guns.

out<span id='postcolor'>

This is one thing I agree with, not realism to the point where the game isn't fun, but realism where you can possibly do so and still maintain even and fun gameplay.

I love OFP as it is quite educational, I know so many guns on sight now and know a lot more about the military in general and I really appreciate if it can be as close to real specs as possible.

Hopefully OFP2 will be uber-realistic, I don't really think BIS should spend any more major time on OFP/Res as they need to get new things going like OFP2.

Not really a bug but i'd like to see the introduction of the commands 'getheaddir' and 'setheaddir'. Self-explanatory.

Mebbe even a disableai "head" biggrin.gif