mikephoenix

Armed Forces:UK Virtus Body Armour

2 minutes ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Would it be posable to get the class names of the all the gear im trying to make a config that adds it the 3CB BAF units.

yes but not till tomorrow

19 minutes ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Would it be posable to get the class names of the all the gear im trying to make a config that adds it the 3CB BAF units.

You can export in the arsenal to get the classnames

Yeah, the hotfix seems to have fixed it now, thanks for having the time for uploading the hotfix but anyway what the are your upcoming plans for the mod to come.

Little more variety especially in the webbing confirmations, I need to ad some radio pouches, Tfr compatibility, and for my final trick band new ubacs and smock models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Great mod and love the direction you want to take it. Also dont know if this is a bug or not but the weight of the uniforms are way higher than any of the base game combat gear, being almost 2kg heavier, is this intentional?

really nice mod, and interesting to hear that you're making a new ubacs model (:  

however i always wonder, why is it that every british unit mod reskins the AAF uniform? Don't the vanilla NATO one looks more similar to the british ubacs?

Spoiler

HHhQoFk.png

works pretty well with the insignia system too lel

lCgfvwP.png

It is the knee-pads. The NATO uniform is more accurate than the AAF one, but even though you can texture over them, you can still see them in different lighting conditions - especially in bright sunlight on Altis. We tried it, made custom .nohq, .smdi etc... ages ago, but then you'd lose the wound textures.

• Like 2

It is possible to re do all the normal and spec maps but it's really not worth the effort better to put it into something new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, evrik said:

then you'd lose the wound textures.

omg, i never realised this before, i've been using my own retexes with modified rvmats and stuff, and yes turns out wound textures didn't work but somehow i didn't realise that for idk, years haha

is this really an engine limitation tho? 

Yes, it seems to be an engine bug. Similar problems occur with hiddenSelectionMaterials in vehicles too.

Anyway, good job Mike, nice modelling work.

• Like 2

Equipment not appearing in arsenal and this error is appearing, thoughts?

2eddec0d2e7be97c5cf7577f52fe345d.png

anybody else getting this error? I dont get this my end, only seen this in an unapproved reupload to the SW mixed with other mods. were you running any other addons at the time?

22 hours ago, evrik said:

It is the knee-pads. The NATO uniform is more accurate than the AAF one, but even though you can texture over them, you can still see them in different lighting conditions - especially in bright sunlight on Altis. We tried it, made custom .nohq, .smdi etc... ages ago, but then you'd lose the wound textures.

Come again, you loose the wound textures???

That should be depending on how you configure your mod  ei if you rewrite and use custom .nohq, .smdi etc you have to update the config too.

Basics structure:
        class Wounds
        {
            tex[] = {};
            mat[] = {};
        };

Orginal:
        class Wounds
        {
            tex[] = {};
            mat[] = {"A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat","A3\characters_f\common\data\coveralls.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat"};
        };

Edit examble

class Wounds
        {
            tex[] = {};
            mat[] = {
                    "MBX_virtus\vest\data\folder\clothing1.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat",
                    "MBX_virtus\vest\data\folder\basicbody.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat",
                    "MBX_virtus\vest\data\folder\coveralls.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat",
                    "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat",
                    "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat",
                    "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat",
                    "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat",
                    "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat"};
        };

Only problem could be if you have to hex edit the uniform model to adapt and use the custom .rvmats...

custom rvmats for uniforms have been hit and miss for years, and is a known issue.

Awesome job on the chest rigs so far!

I have a small request, could you make a Vest with a few tools, such as pliers, screwdrivers and a brush for ATO? Along with the patch that ATO wear on the front?

Cheers!

Just now, KappyTheLimey said:

Awesome job on the chest rigs so far!

I have a small request, could you make a Vest with a few tools, such as pliers, screwdrivers and a brush for ATO? Along with the patch that ATO wear on the front?

Cheers!

Link me some reference images and il see what i can do

7 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

Link me some reference images and il see what i can do

Spoiler

kVDy4yW.jpg

leatherman-mut-eod-black.jpg

I couldn't find a reference to a brush nor the placement of the equipment on the Virtus Vest but I believe some artistic input wouldn't do no harm considering finding EOD wearing Virtus online seems to be almost an impossible feat.

Cheers for the quick response!

I just retested it as the only mod running, same message, still not showing up. This version is from your Armaholic download.  

2 hours ago, mikephoenix said:

Anyone else having this issue as I can't reproduce it

I am NOT having it, and i am running the latest version, i recommend people wipe the mod from their PC and do a fresh download (if not done so already)

• Like 1

DL'ed from workshop and I'm not getting any errors.

Loving the pack, everything looks very good and fits in quite acceptably well with 3CB's gear, and the extra units represented are a nice touch.

Possible bug/oversight, I know the visor shouldn't be 9mm resistant but wouldn't the face shield be?

https://www.revisionmilitary.com/en/head-systems/mandible-guards/batlskin-mandible-guard-kit-for-ach-helmet-small-medium-and-large-x-large

"BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE: V50 EXCEEDS 671 M/S (2,200 FPS) USING A 1.1 G (17 GRAIN) FSP, MANDIBLE PROTECTS AGAINST 9MM FMJ THREATS AT 1400 FT/S (427 M/S) AND STOPS NIJ IIIA LEVEL THREATS"