mikephoenix

Armed Forces:UK Virtus Body Armour

Awesome addon, i love the details.

Question: Do you have any plans on making versions without the UK flag ?

New pics look great, am I being stupid or does the Steam WS version not include the new scrim/ bowman yet?

No that's in the next release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Does anyone else get the problem where the gear is removed for default riflemen of the vanilla factions?

1 hour ago, andehess said:

Does anyone else get the problem where the gear is removed for default riflemen of the vanilla factions?

Ah so that's what it was - yes I got this last night. Didn't have enough time to narrow down which mod was causing it. Can confirm this bug, replication steps:

1. Load A3 with no mods but MPX BAF: Virtus
  2. Place BLUFOR rifleman 
  3. Observe missing gear,

Looking good, Mike! Will the Mandible and visor be a separate item/items like a facemask, or just fixed to another version of the helmet?

Im just bout to see if i can config it as an nvg slot without nvg capabilities, then I can toggle it up and down

1 hour ago, mikephoenix said:

Im just bout to see if i can config it as an nvg slot without nvg capabilities, then I can toggle it up and down

It should be the visionMode[]= config entry:

visionMode[] = {"Normal","NVG","TI"};  //Entries are pretty self explanatory.

visionMode[] = {"Normal"};  //No effects

• Like 2

Just now, Flax said:

It should be the visionMode[]= config entry:

visionMode[] = {"Normal","NVG","TI"};  //Entries are pretty self explanatory.

visionMode[] = {"Normal"};  //No effects

do u have a full NVG config by any chance, having some issues getting mine to show up in game

• Like 1

Try this, haven't put it in game yet but should work.

class cfgWeapons
{
	class NVGoggles;
	class Default;
	class ItemCore;
	class HeadgearItem;
	class InventoryItem_Base_F;
	class YOUR_NVG: NVGoggles
	{
		displayName = "NVG_NAME";
		nameSound = "nvgoggles";
		simulation = "NVGoggles";
		showEmpty = 0;
		muzzlePos = "usti hlavne";
		muzzleEnd = "konec hlavne";
		value = 5;
		weaponPoolAvailable = 1;
		opticsZoomMin = 1;
		opticsZoomMax = 1;
		modelOptics = "model";
		model = "model";
		picture = "UI_PIC.paa";
		descriptionUse = "Desc here";
		Scope = 2;
		ScopeCurator = 2;
		class Library
		thermalMode[] = {0};
		visionMode[] = {"Normal"};
		{
			libTextDesc = "Desc here";
		};
		descriptionShort = "Short Desc";
		class ItemInfo
		{
			type = 616;
			hmdType = 0;
			uniformModel = "model.p3d";  //Model when deployed
			modelOff = "model.p3d";  //Model when not deployed
			mass = 12;
		};
	};
};

• Like 1

Just now, Flax said:

Try this, haven't put it in game yet but should work.

Just a nitpick, but you're referencing a few unnecessary external classes and there are a lot of things that you don't need to rewrite for this custom 'NVG' class as you're already inheriting all the properties of NVGoggles.

You only need to actually change a few fields like this:

class CfgWeapons
{
	class ItemCore;
	class Binocular;
	class NVGoggles: Binocular
	{
		class ItemInfo;
	};

class BAF_Batlskin_Visor: NVGoggles
	{
		author = "mikephoenix";
		_generalMacro = "BAF_Batlskin_Visor";
		displayName = "Batlskin Mandible Visor";
		model = "\...\(model).p3d";	// Path in .pbo to model with visor DOWN
      		modelOptics = "";	// Leave this blank to prevent an overlay 'reticle' from showing when toggling between up/down 'modes'
		picture = "\...\(icon).paa";
      		visionMode[] = {};	// May be left either blank or with "Normal" (including quotes) in the array
		class ItemInfo: ItemInfo
		{
			uniformModel = "\...\(model).p3d";	// Path in .pbo to model with visor DOWN
			modelOff = "\...\(model).p3d";	// Path in .pbo to model with visor UP
		};
		class Library
		{
			libTextDesc = "";	// Optional Armoury description text. This field is actually redundant in A3 due to the new Field Manual system but you can still use it if you want
		};
	};
};

And another nitpick @mikephoenix, just remember that making the visor and/or mandible guard into a NVG-type 'weapon' will prevent you from giving them any kind of protective qualities config-wise (i.e. the mandible guard and visor will not provide ballistic or explosive protection as you cannot give the class the HitpointsProtectionInfo property).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drebin052 said:

Just a nitpick, but you're referencing a few unnecessary external classes and there are a lot of things that you don't need to rewrite for this custom 'NVG' class as you're already inheriting all the properties of NVGoggles.

You only need to actually change a few fields like this:

class CfgWeapons
{
	class ItemCore;
	class Binocular;
	class NVGoggles: Binocular
	{
		class ItemInfo;
	};

class BAF_Batlskin_Visor: NVGoggles
	{
		author = "mikephoenix";
		_generalMacro = "BAF_Batlskin_Visor";
		displayName = "Batlskin Mandible Visor";
		model = "\...\(model).p3d";	// Path in .pbo to model with visor DOWN
      		modelOptics = "";	// Leave this blank to prevent an overlay 'reticle' from showing when toggling between up/down 'modes'
		picture = "\...\(icon).paa";
      		visionMode[] = {};	// May be left either blank or with "Normal" (including quotes) in the array
		class ItemInfo: ItemInfo
		{
			uniformModel = "\...\(model).p3d";	// Path in .pbo to model with visor DOWN
			modelOff = "\...\(model).p3d";	// Path in .pbo to model with visor UP
		};
		class Library
		{
			libTextDesc = "";	// Optional Armoury description text. This field is actually redundant in A3 due to the new Field Manual system but you can still use it if you want
		};
	};
};

And another nitpick @mikephoenix, just remember that making the visor and/or mandible guard into a NVG-type 'weapon' will prevent you from giving them any kind of protective qualities config-wise (i.e. the mandible guard and visor will not provide ballistic or explosive protection as you cannot give the class the HitpointsProtectionInfo property).

But it will look outstanding tho ......:-)

• Like 2

Just a point about the mandible if you set it in the NVE slot then we won't be able to wear NVE while using them....

Since they are intended for vehicle crews I think it would be cool if they were a face item, that way crews could use them while mounted and then take them off if they have to dismount

50 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Just a point about the mandible if you set it in the NVE slot then we won't be able to wear NVE while using them....

Since they are intended for vehicle crews I think it would be cool if they were a face item, that way crews could use them while mounted and then take them off if they have to dismount

You cannot wear NVG's with the mandible in real life - they use the same mounting point on the helmet.

2 hours ago, Flax said:

You cannot wear NVG's with the mandible in real life - they use the same mounting point on the helmet.

Huh, that sounds retarded

You can wear the mandible as it attaches to the side mounts on the helmet but the flip up eye protection is mounted on the nvg slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Huh, that sounds retarded

They're meant for vehicles crews, who generally don't need or use NVGs because they can just turn on lights inside the vehicle and use NVG or IR optics for weapons.

They're meant for vehicles crews, who generally don't need or use NVGs because they can just turn on lights inside the vehicle and use NVG or IR optics for weapons.

Where did you read that? Curious, not saying you're wrong. I thought the visor was a replacement to the ballistic glasses issued at the moment.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The mandible and visor are issued and used for vehicle crews on M/RWMIK, along with anyone likely to stick their head out of a cupola, be it Viking/MAN SV/whatever crew. There's also a set of Revision ballistic goggles included in the VIRTUS issue as well.

With regards to:

The vehicles which require goggles/facemask or visor/mandible for the crew such as M/RWMIK don't really allow the crew to "just turn on lights inside" and you can't drive said vehicles using an NV/TI optic on your IW; HMNVS or ideally LUCIE are required unless you want to drive fully tac without an NVD.

30 minutes ago, crazy538 said:

Where did you read that? Curious, not saying you're wrong. I thought the visor was a replacement to the ballistic glasses issued at the moment.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Its what the other guy,  @TheLimbo365 said, do don't quote me on it.