Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

21 hours ago, syphonix said:

... properly save the file kp_liberation.Altis\presets\blufor\custom.sqf with Notepad++

Did you see if it got a .txt extension added?

Hi there!

We've been testing out the dev version of .97, and everything seems to be working - except when we go for a military base, the host freezes up. I've got the rpt file, where would be the best place to send it?

Feedback for the previews should be posted on GitHub as comment in the dev blogs.

It would be nice to have a Liberation Rosche Germany mission.

cheers

Subs

Anyone got a Liberation setup that is available to pull over for Lingor? The one I found on the Steam Workshop refuses to load up and play so that I can pull it out and update it with the latest CUP and RHS updates.

Small Update on the old framework incoming

As we didn't expect any new official maps as we declared the 0.963a as the last version on the since then called "legacy Liberation framework", we decided to break that statement in a very small and limited range.

Due to the new Weferlingen terrain and the two new factions we'll release one last™ update on the legacy framework.

It'll contain the following:

• Prepared mission.sqm for Weferlingen and Weferlingen Winter
  • Bufor and Opfor presets for East/West Germany troops
  • Transport configs for the new assets
  • CivRep building ignore list for Weferlingen
  • Some really small adjustments to the code (e.g. getting rid of the uncritical but annoying widthRailWay message and some other "quick wins")

We won't implement anything new to the old framework beside of the above, as we'll still focus on the refactoring with 0.97.0.

You can expect the release on GitHub and Steam Workshop in about one or two weeks, as we'll mainly take care of it after closing Sprint 12 of 0.97.0.

• Like 3

Contribute your KP Liberation legacy framework presets

Due to the planned GM Update for the legacy framework, we would appreciate if some of you have some created opfor/blufor/arsenal presets laying around and want to contribute them. (e.g. CUP presets or other mods/factions which aren't covered for now)

For contribution, create a Pull Request on the gm branch of the official KP Liberation repository: https://github.com/KillahPotatoes/KP-Liberation/tree/gm

If you don't know what that means, have a look at this small article: https://guides.github.com/activities/forking/

Many thanks in advance.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:31 PM, Wyqer said:

getting rid of the uncritical but annoying widthRailWay message

Just for this i have to say thanks!

• Like 1

Sprint 12 finished

Yesterday we've finished the 12th development sprint, which started at April 12.

As always you can have a look at what we've achieved in this sprint in the corresponding dev-blog on GitHub.

We're also looking for one additional Tester for our team. Details about this are also in the dev-blog.

You can download the current preview, as always, on GitHub or via the Steam Workshop.

Just make sure to read the dev-blog before starting the preview with wrong expectations.

v0.96.4 - Global Mobilization Update

We've already done some work for the small update for the legacy framework. If you want to have a look at the current content, you can have a look at the Pull Request on GitHub.

You can expect the update for the legacy framework until the end of the week.

• Thanks 1

KP Liberation v0.96.4 for the legacy framework released

As already announced earlier we've worked on a "small" update for the legacy framework since the last weekend and just released it at all usual places:

Workshop Downloads

GitHub Releases

Changelog

* Added: East Germany arsenal preset.

* Added: West Germany arsenal preset. Thanks to @Dahlgren

* Added: East Germany blufor and opfor preset.

* Added: East Germany Winter blufor and opfor preset.

* Added: West Germany blufor and opfor preset.

* Added: West Germany Winter blufor and opfor preset.

* Added: Germany (Global Mobilization) resistence preset.

* Added: Germany (Global Mobilization) civilian preset.

* Added: CSAT Vanilla blufor preset, CSAT Apex blufor preset and CSAT Arsenal preset. Thanks to zandru

* Added: AAF and NATO opfor presets. Thanks to zandru

* Added: Weferlingen Summer basefile.

* Added: Weferlingen Winter basefile.

* Added: Chernarus Winter basefile.

* Added: Weferlingen Summer and Winter building ignore list.

* Added: Rosche building ignore list. Thanks to @madpat3

* Added: Support for ACE arsenal. Can be enabled via mission parameter.

* Added: Fog removal script readded, as some people had issues with too much fog after some time.

* Added: Vehicle in Vehicle transport actions for FOB Box.

* Added: `kp_objectInits.sqf` for custom code on a vehicle after it has been loaded or built. No more changes in save_manager.sqf and do_build.sqf needed. Explanation in the Wiki

* Removed: `KP_liberation_guerilla_transports` array from resistance presets, as it isn't used in the legacy framework.

* Updated: Italian localization. Thanks to k4s0

* Tweaked: Title of the mission to conform the Mission Name Standard from BI Forums

* Tweaked: Weather module is also loaded, even with ACE running. (ACE doesn't control weather completely anymore)

* Tweaked: Disabled script that switched locality of all blufor units to the commander machine. (should fix UAV issue)

* Tweaked: `allPlayers` replaced with `(allPlayers - entities "HeadlessClient_F")` for scripts which should pause when no players are online. (logistic, resources, battlegroups)

* Tweaked: Marker for civilian informant is an area now and not centered on the informants position anymore.

* Tweaked: Renamed Huron marker.

* Tweaked: If there isn't enough enemy territory left for a secondary mission to start, the player gets a small hint now.

* Tweaked: BWMod item classnames in KP_liberation_allowed_items_extension. Thanks to @madpat3

* Tweaked: Equalized all Eden attributes of the mission.sqm files.

* Tweaked: Replaced deprecated `BIS_fnc_conditionalSelect` function calls with sensible select statements.

* Tweaked: Versioning format from e.g. 0.964 to 0.96.4 for a better separation.

* Tweaked: Arsenal whitelist/blacklist classes are case insensitive.

* Tweaked: Vehicle permissions now via sensible event handlers instead of loop. Thanks to ColinM9991

* Tweaked: Objects placed in Eden Editor won't be saved anymore. Fixes possible duplications on save/load.

* Tweaked: Whole in game date and time is now persistent, not only the daytime.

* Fixed: Annoying popup since A3 1.90 concerning missing entry for `widthRailWay`.

* Fixed: Blufor soldier losses weren't counted in statistics.

* Fixed: Missing `itemRadio` in some arsenal presets.

• Like 3

On 5/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, Wyqer said:

-----

Would it be possible to create this on Isla Duala. There is an existing one out there that I really like on steam, however, ACE is not supported for whatever reason or it just flat out doesn't work and I have no way to heal myself without removing ACE but that becomes a pain having to close and reopen the game constantly. Is there a way that maybe I could C+P this on a map this way it includes ACE and maybe I could ad vehicles of my preference to the Aircraft carrier. Would be neat, any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Have a look at the Wiki -> "Devkit mission.sqm" article. It explains how you port/create new missionfiles to work with the KP Liberation Framework.

• Like 1

Hi, I encountered a problem when setting up a mod for rhs arfr. In the settings file, I specified the arfr preset and it worked, all the created units were from the arfr mod. But my starting character is still Corporal Kerry, how can I change it to any person from the arfr fashion? I need this for a voice, because in this fashion all the characters speak Russian, and Corporal Kerry speaks English. What should I do? Thank.

To edit the playable units (which is really only necessary for something like the voice, as you've mentioned already) you need to change them in eden.

But when you set the playable units to opfor units, you also need to change the sides for blufor/opfor in the config file (switch east/west). But only needed if you change the playable units in Eden to opfor (east) units. Otherwise you don't need to switch sides or anything, but that is something you've already discovered 🙂

Hope that'll help you.

What to do if the menu intel points instead of numbers inscription scalar nan?

Is it possible to add points through the console command?
/and I often have a bug when the interface disappears, (fob interface etc)
Thanks

When this happens you have to "repair" your intel value via e.g.

resources_intel = 20;

exec on server.

This is caused when you start a secondary mission and close the dialog before you've gotten a notification that the mission is started or not possible anymore. So keep the dialog open until you get the message.

This will be fixed in the next version which comes when Contacts is released.

Current scope for v0.96.5

As some of you may already know, we'll release another update on the legacy framework with the release of the Contact DLC.

We've now started to flesh out the scope for that update so far. Feel free to have a look and comment on it there. The current scope isn't very likely all which we'll provide with the update, so it'll be expanded further until the release.

And it's still possible for everyone to contribute their presets for mods etc. so they'll be available for everyone. Bear in mind that we take them only as PR on GitHub and no "sended files" somewhere.

Here is the GitHub link concerning v0.96.5: https://github.com/KillahPotatoes/KP-Liberation/pull/618

• Like 1

Edited to remove content.

I just realized I am still running a previous version of Liberation. I will update my mission files before offering anything.

Thank you for the mission. I can't seem to run it though :-(.

I've been trying for the past 5 hours to try to resolve the issue with no luck.

This is what I tried so far:

Removing the game completely and reinstalling it

Verifying integ.

Removing all bisign's and verifying integrity.

Creating a new user profile on ArmA

Removing the server completely and redownloading all the files to a new folder

Launching without mods

^ Pretty much what Google told me to do, found a few threads on Google but no "real" answer on what I should try.

My issue:

When I connect to the game it just hangs on the loading screen with sound. When I check my RPT I see this weird shit:

1:57:45 Skipping signatures due to overflow flag being set.
 1:57:45 Skipping mods and signatures due to overflow flag being set.
 1:57:45 Error reading mod name 0

Constantly being spammed with:

Skipping mods and signatures due to overflow flag being set.

Full RPT client side:

https://pastebin.com/57jAVGJf

I didn't see anything "weird" on the server RPT, however, here it is anyway:
https://pastebin.com/FecZ1pjG

I would appreciate all the help that I can get. Hopefully, we can get this working.

Thanks for your time and help!

edit:

This is weird, tried launching only with CBA and it worked. Any tips on how to get ACE to work with this?

Edit:

andd it broke again. I shut down the server to try to load the mods again. (Almost everything from the recommended on the thread) was unable to connect so removed everything, unloaded mods from my side, started arma, removed mods from startup parameter and unable to connect again. Even with only CBA running. :/. 😢 Don't know why ArmA is being such a cunt now. Never had so many troubles runnings mods. 

I think I found a fix for the problem and its really stupid... Restart your server machine. (dedi server, vps, whatever you're using to host. restart and instant fix lol... Spent so many hours an didn't even try the one basic thing that you're supposed to do. :/)

Edit: It doesn't seem to work with ACE all other mods work (except for KP ranks and the rope mods due to segmentation fault).

ACE launches the server but when I try to connect I get the same error as above. If I remove ace off server parameters everything works.

Nothing from the mission. Contact the ACE support on this.

My guess would be that the needed dll files are missing on your server, as some server providers restrict uploading of dll files.

But as said, that's something you should discuss with the mod authors.

17 hours ago, Wyqer said:

the needed dll files are missing on your server

ACE has no dll files that are needed on a server.