almanzo

Feedback Thread

28 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Just to clarify, we don't plan a switch of engines for Project Argo, not sure where this information came from, but it's incorrect. 

from some early information that was posted about it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

from some early information that was posted about it...

Definitely not from us, we have even mentioned multiple times that we will continue on the current engine during the developer streams :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Definitely not from us, we have even mentioned multiple times that we will continue on the current engine during the developer streams :)

talking about streams and that QA from quite some time now you did, any chance of the text version for it?

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Ok - but there must me some kind of long term goal or objectives that that prototype must fulfil? 

Obviously, but an experimental project can change often, promising something to our community in roadmap and then changing the game direction does not seem like a good idea :) Project Argo is evolving and is open to feedback and new ideas from both our designers and our community.

Just now, PuFu said:

talking about streams and that QA from quite some time now you did, any chance of the text version for it?

I can send you a youtube link where all the past broadcasts are stored. We don't plan to do text AMA in near future.

11 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Just to clarify, we don't plan a switch of engines for Project Argo, not sure where this information came from, but it's incorrect. 

https://archive.is/Ggk00#selection-773.1-773.59https://web.archive.org/web/20161107221800/https://store.bistudio.com/products/project-argo ( Ultimately, the much longer-term aim of this project [Project Argo] is to develop a similar (most likely Arma-related) multi-platform game on a different engine.)

This is really bad news. I'll be honest here, I doubt now that Argo will get anywhere ever. While Real Virtuality might work alright for PvE Roleplay, it definitely does not for PvP, especially in small-scale CQC environments (which the whole of Argo basically is). That leads to following:

- Non-Arma FPS players won't stick around in Argo, or be interested in Argo at all due to the clunky movement and all the other problems with the engine. (Not to mention that the barrier of entry is still pretty high compared to standard FPS games) = No market

- Arma players deem Argo as casual and unworthy of their time, because (at least) the vocal players deem shooting static targets or targets with easily predictable movement patterns with a Lynx from 3 km away while laying on their stomach in a bush wearing ghillie-suits as the pinnacle of tactical gameplay, while having to come up with tactics and manoeuvrers on the fly in stressful unpredictable CQC PvP situations is being called "casual". = No market

• Like 1

Hi,

(This is a bit off topic) My brother and I found out that there are MANY young gamers out there who cannot play while there is blood in game when he made the "How to turn off blood in COD AW ":

Which is why I was thrilled that Argo has a "Disable Blood" option. This means that more players will now be able enjoy Argo!

What do you think, do you agree with me, or have another opinion?

Thanks.

I understand that you want this effect to get that "added realism" I personally find it unnecessary since most of us only use portions of our sprint at a time. For me Argo feels like a game where taking it easy and using bursts are for effective than running head on into battle because then you get flanked by those who took their time.

• Like 1

The two things this game needs serious improvements on;

1.) Bullet Damage. The damage ratios are complete garbage. Fix these damages and sure as hell fix them by caliber/range of effectiveness. If your going to make an FPS based on any realism, you need to research velocity/energy/penetration variables based on distance and even material for the calibers your coding into a game. Sorry but a ballistic helmet is only IIIA and isnt going to stop a rifle round at close range (maybe a shot from 500-600 yards in a slower round like an AK 7.62x39, but not a damn .338 Lapua!). 

2.) Body Armor for Clouds? It seems like the clouds takes a lot more bullets from the body armor they have (10 shots) while the flames die in 4 shots (still to many shots). While I can see the purpose behind the clouds taking more hits due to the body armor based on the story line, they have not disadvantages. For examples, you can sprint your ass off just as fast and far with the full kitted clouds as you can with the lighter more agile flames. I have seen the clouds take head shots from .338 rounds and only loose half health on hardcore but yet a flame can take 1 9mm round to the head and die! WTF?  If your going to give one side a serious advantage like body armor, you need to also give them a weakness (realistically). Just as it would be so for the flames with no body armor yet for that trade off more agile. I can personally tell you running in full kit (65-71lbs of shit pending mis-spec items) your not going to run nearly as fast and sure as hell not as long, your not very agile either. Try it yourself, throw on a Level IIIA plate carrier, toss some Level IV hard plates (hell even go the lighter composite ceramics rather than AR550 steel), load up 4 mags (load them), grab a real steel AR/AK (not your Airsoft plastic toys or nerf guns), throw on a camelbak 3l fill of water, if you dont have an IFAK then add an extra full mag to simulate the weight of one, put on a radio (a real one people not your cheap walmart crap and if you dont have one well add another mag to sim the weight) then get your ass out there and sprint. This is a light loud out as well (aprox 46lbs). Rinse and repeat only this time drop all the armor (soft and hard), just run the carrier with 4 mags no radio or IFAK. See how much more agile and faster you will be able to sprint in a kit only about 15-20lbs. If you want to make it more dynamic, allow the player to select their load out on a more customization level. If they want to run armor for the trade off on stamina, mobility and speed then go for it (but again realistic guys, research your rounds and what threat level they are and if armor can stop them or not because i can tell you, nothing is going to stop that .338 Laupa round unless you are a long distance away!).

Hello kveldulv_halvard, let me elaborate.

1.) The damage is indeed affected by many things, including caliber, range, bullet speed, etc. However, while we strive for a certain level of authenticity, the game is not intended as realistic – long story short, realism is not always fun. As a matter of fact, helmets (headgear in general) in Argo are cosmetic items, they provide no protection; it's to allow players customization options based on personal taste, not a protective value of a piece of gear. I wrote a dev blog about damage in Project Argo, you may want to check it out to get more information about the systems in the game and decisions behind them.

2.) There are no differences in uniforms in terms of protection. Both factions have access to the same vests, and the protective value of those vests is based on the selected loadout. So yes, a Rifleman equipped with a plate carrier vest can survive longer than a Marksman with a chest rig – but that is independent on their faction. Eventually, there will be a system in the game to unlock various pieces of equipment and tailor loadouts to your needs, so you'll have control over what you bring into a match.

• Like 2

When I Start the game I get no sound but I still get sound from youtube, disocrd etc.

Any ideas? HALP!

On 07/05/2017 at 9:42 AM, Crane228 said:

When I Start the game I get no sound but I still get sound from youtube, disocrd etc.

Any ideas? HALP!

Restart your computer and check if some of your sound drivers weren't updated.

Has the point system been looked at for the leaderboards? As a clash player for the most part the grind to keep a top 10 spot was very difficult. I have been able to get between 2500-3500 points in 5 minutes playing Raid, but get around the same in Clash in 30-40 minutes.

Yes, it has, based on the data we were able to gather thanks to you and all the players. We will continue to analyze the data and tweak the points where needed.

• Like 2

The 2 cloud players have different color uniforms. The Flame player is wearing a green helmet and facemask that matches the clouds color. I'm pretty sure I have seen Flame players with sleeves also. It is all very confusing...

44 minutes ago, KronX said:

Hello, thank you for reporting this, seems like a bug, we'll investigate.

Just a suggestion, but... Could it be possible to have separate loadouts for Clouds and Flames? At least when it comes to clothing. Or at least allow us to see how given apparel would look on both teams.
Right now, with customisable apparel, it's possible to run into what KronX has posted - a Flame with green helmet and facemask as well as olive plate carrier or LBV, or Cloud with full tan setup, which makes it hard to distinguish players. To be honest, generic Multicam model in loadout screen made me pick tan vests, while lady luck makes me play as Cloud with their green-ish M90 style uniform, and that has caused me at least a couple TK incidents.

On the other hand, good job on the shooting range! I love that feature, and that I can finally make my own gun selections. One thing I find somewhat missing from the range itself, would be distance markers, as in an indication "This row of targets is 50/100/150/300/400 meters away".

I'm disappointed with the skill tree :dozingoff: So much that I decided to write on forum. A first spoon of tar in barrel of honey. I played with great pleasure earlier, but  now i have some butthurt, fighting against hight equipped enemy. Do you planning a balance between player with iron sight and player with sniper optic ?  

• Like 1

On 5/11/2017 at 6:08 PM, KronX said:

The 2 cloud players have different color uniforms. The Flame player is wearing a green helmet and facemask that matches the clouds color. I'm pretty sure I have seen Flame players with sleeves also. It is all very confusing...

One particular player over a number of games and rounds last night who was in our team (Clouds) was wearing a brown singlet with brown pants, suffice to safe he was mistakenly teamkilled on numerous occasions. In the next round of games it was still the same.

Just as way of general feedback, the new uniforms make the game much more difficult, especially when playing with new players who have no scopes. At a distance it is often impossible to discern friend from foe, the only fallback is to try and scrutinize your minimap to see if who you have in your scope is a friend or not. I think this not only makes the game harder, but also detracts from immersion, I'd like a return to the old uniforms ideally.

Edit: I assume it is intentional, but I see now that there is no indicator of the progress of capturing, aside from voice notification a point is being captured. I thought the progress animation added tension and was a reasonable acceptable gameplay mechanic/realism trade off but that's just me.

BTW I think the new update runs very well all things said, so please keep the good work up. I"d like to see this game get much more love than it's getting as I think it is extremely fun and offers a unique experience.

Edited by central

Nice Update. 
It brought me out of my argo hibernation. 

There are some things regarding the progression that i would wish to adress however. 

I feel the progression system as it is today twists the balance in favor of players with xp. 
Some maps like sainte marie are heavily range dependent. This means I can sit with a DMR and pick ppl off one by one at +400m, a new player with little or no xp will not have accumulated the skillpoints to counter this strategy. He will not have access to any scope powerfull enough nor will he have access to a weapon capable och hitting targets reliably at these ranges. 

My suggestion would be to give players acces to 5-10 skillpoints at level 1. This would allow for customization right of the bat without the need for grinding 6 levels against superior opponents to get a decent weapon and scope. 

That´s my two cents on the matter. 

Keep up the good work, enjoying this update so far. 

One more thing, the inactivity timer is a nice feature, but i would like to see it upped to 2 or 3 minutes. 
Sometimes you just have to go pepe or get some coffee, sucks to lose your progression in a match just because you where ten seconds to slow.

Will there be weapon skins in the future (or is there any plan for skins). I am not expecting skins like those in Call Of Duty but more military skins like Hex camo, Navy camo Etc.

14 hours ago, ProTz said:

Some maps like sainte marie are heavily range dependent. This means I can sit with a DMR and pick ppl off one by one at +400m, a new player with little or no xp will not have accumulated the skillpoints to counter this strategy....

Just wait until the first are getting their Hands on a Mar-10 with Silencer and MOS / SOS Scope..... Will be fun.

Though balancing that in the future might work with "match making" and more players, but right now the player count is to low to properly balance it.

For the prototype test as ProTz suggested it might be good to add some more points or to set all players to lvl 5 or so to decrease the gap between lvl 15 guys with armor and LMG's and Body Armor vs guys with a SMG

Can we not have the kill feed hidden during the kill cam?

At the end of a round all you see is the kill cam, the next round starts before the kill feed has time to appear.

• Like 1

On 16.05.2017 at 2:50 AM, ProTz said:

My suggestion would be to give players acces to 5-10 skillpoints at level 1.

On 16.05.2017 at 5:20 PM, Yoshi_E said:

For the prototype test as ProTz suggested it might be good to add some more points or to set all players to lvl 5 or so to decrease the gap

I have another suggestion. To the registered players add to equipment unchangeable sets "rifle + optics" and "machine gun + collimator" beginnings level. As if for balance and for ardour to save up for the best equipment.

On 16.05.2017 at 2:58 AM, ProTz said:

One more thing, the inactivity timer is a nice feature, but i would like to see it upped to 2 or 3 minutes. 
Sometimes you just have to go pepe or get some coffee, ...

I'm against and would reduce the AFK to 30 seconds. If I'm not mistaken, the round (Clash) lasts 4 minutes (normal) and 8 minutes (hardcore). Otherwise, half of the round in the team will not be a player. If you played 30vs30, then it's not critical. But the game 5vs5, and team need each player. Do all your work (pi-pi, coffee, tea, etc.) before the game or free up space for another player.