acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hi.

Is there any possibility to set some ai units for unconscious only?

I have set 50/50 chance for all ai units but we want to prevent instant death for our ai strike team.

Has anyone tried or have experience with trying to use the Titan Launcher and its "look on" system, with top down firing selection, but then it wont fire, and then none of your weapons will fire. Like the mouse button doesnt work, nothing happens?

The Titan is used a little differentely from vanilla.you have to (first make sure it's actually loaded as the ammo counter is removed with Ace) then turn on thermal vision mode,then zoom in as far as possible.Than hold down lock-on.(TAB by default)

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Make sure you have the right UAV and the right UAV control terminal. BI managed to label every small piece of euqipment with "NATO", "CSAT" or "AAF"... except for the UAVs where it really matters.

It is very annoying-I believe in the VA that the NATO UAV Terminal is the second one down in the list(dark green)

How do I disable ACE3's changes to the grenade selection?

There are two primary reasons why I want to do this:

1. I've gotten quite used to tapping F (or Ctrl+G in arma 3) to switch between grenade types over the years and am therefore not the greatest fan of the COD(first game i can remember using similar) method that seems to come with this great mod.

2. For some odd reason RHS grenades don't always work..I've had successful attempts at throwing RHS grenades with ACE3 enabled but more often am I unable to select any (just says; no frags left or 'no misc grenades left')

I sure do hope I can disable this and if not :(, I hope for some advice regarding reason nr 2.

edit: Okay so I'm still not entirely sure, but I'm playing a SP session..I switched AIs (i kept dying :/) a bunch, now instead of RHS unit i went for NATO spotter (part of my mission), this spawned with vanilla nades and i was able to select them and go through them with ctrl+G

Not sure if this intended or a glitch on switches..

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

The Titan is used a little differentely from vanilla.you have to (first make sure it's actually loaded as the ammo counter is removed with Ace) then turn on thermal vision mode,then zoom in as far as possible.Than hold down lock-on.(TAB by default)

I don't think it's just a user error, as I had this happen too. About 6 of us were testing the titans and the new lock on system, 2 of those players were unable to fire whatsoever, even while in thermal, with a tone-lock, ammo loaded, etc. And immediately after trying to fire and being unable to, they switched to other weapons and we're unable to fire anything, regardless of what it was. The only fix for them involved quitting the server and rejoining.

You are trying to say that both calculators only work for some gun profiles?

Real world ballistics calculators will only work if Advanced Ballistics is enabled. The ATragMX can handle both, vanilla- and advanced ballistics. Vanilla Ballistics drag is using the airFriction config entry, Advanced Ballistics drag is using the ballistic coefficient config entry.

Join our public slack channel if you can't get it working.

Ahhh I got it. Gonna do more testing, but I think I should have it then.

---------- Post added at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

You are trying to say that both calculators only work for some gun profiles?

Real world ballistics calculators will only work if Advanced Ballistics is enabled. The ATragMX can handle both, vanilla- and advanced ballistics. Vanilla Ballistics drag is using the airFriction config entry, Advanced Ballistics drag is using the ballistic coefficient config entry.

Join our public slack channel if you can't get it working.

Here's my problem: Here's the data I'm pulling for the .408 that WORKS. This is spot on accurate, for some goddamn reason. This is all just public data about the .408 round provided by manufacturer.

Bullet weight: 419 grains (27.15 grams)

Muzzle Velocity: 868.68 m/s

BC: 0.949

At 1000m it's giving me an adjust of 7.6 mils, which is dead on accurate in ArmA.

The data I'm pulling from the sheet says:

Bullet weight: 410 grains (26.58 grams)

Muzzle Velocity: 910 m/s

BC: 0.97

Giving me, at the same weather details, a mil adjust of 6.9, in both ATragMX AND my own ballistics calculator. So the MATH is right. And since I'm pulling the figures from in-engine you'd imagine everything else to be right too...

BUT. The mil adjust of 7.6 is DEAD ON accurate, where the 6.9 is obviously off. Why is that? What am I missing from this data sheet that is throwing all that calculation off? And yes, Adv. Ballistics is on.

EDIT:

This is the part of the sheet I'm looking at.

class B_408_Ball : BulletBase {

timeToLive=10;

airFriction=-0.00038944;

typicalSpeed=910;

ACE_caliber=10.363;

ACE_bulletLength=54.0;

ACE_bulletMass=26.568;

ACE_transonicStabilityCoef=1;

ACE_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityShifts[]={-26.55, -25.47, -22.85, -20.12, -16.98, -12.80, -7.64, -1.53, 5.96, 15.17, 26.19};

ACE_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.97};

ACE_velocityBoundaries[]={};

ACE_standardAtmosphere="ASM";

ACE_dragModel=1;

ACE_muzzleVelocities[]={910};

ACE_barrelLengths[]={736.6};

};

Edited by TigrisJK

I don't think it's just a user error, as I had this happen too. About 6 of us were testing the titans and the new lock on system, 2 of those players were unable to fire whatsoever, even while in thermal, with a tone-lock, ammo loaded, etc. And immediately after trying to fire and being unable to, they switched to other weapons and we're unable to fire anything, regardless of what it was. The only fix for them involved quitting the server and rejoining.

Ok -i only use Titan compact.Maybe thats it?

Guys,

Love the Map Tool, makes it easier to plot where things are on the map and spot for mortars and Arty firer, but it needs to be able to shrink and grow when you zoom in and zoom out on the map.

I know you can have a big or small option in the Map Tool but if you zoom in using a small one it stays at a set small size and if you are down at a scale of 1:50 meters the tool takes up the whole screen and it is impossible to scale anything using the tool. if the Tool maintained an aspect ratio in relation to the scale of the map when you zoom in on the map the tool would be usable.

Any chance of that happening

Still keep the to options of a big map tool or a small one, that way when you zoom out to the bigger scales the small tool is useless and you have to pull out your big map tool.

BUT. The mil adjust of 7.6 is DEAD ON accurate, where the 6.9 is obviously off. Why is that? What am I missing from this data sheet that is throwing all that calculation off? And yes, Adv. Ballistics is on.

Hi TigirisJK,

you must do a correct 100m zeroed to be accurate (+0.8 mil elevation for the M320/.408CT).

For that, you can use the "set zero adjustment" in the ACE menu : "Self Actions" / "Equipment".

PS : you can take a look at this post if you want more explanation :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171882-atragmx-handheld-ballistics-calculator/page-10#entry2869729

Good shot.

I don't get it - I thought ACE3 was supposed to augment the Arma experience, not break it (relax, I'm joking). With the 'Prevent instant death' setting disabled, me and my mates have observed the following effects:

- Falling from 10km and hitting the ground without a parachute at high speed renders a player unconscious, instead of killing them outright. In fact, nothing is able to kill a player outright (except for backblast, oddly). Even standing on top of 6 satchel charges when they're detonated is apparently not a lethal experience. Driving a quadbike at extremely high speeds into a wall or rock does not kill the player, and instead like above only renders them unconscious, though this isn't a serious issue.

- With the advanced medical system, players cannot be awoken from the unconscious state. Epinephrine increases heart rate and we always use it in conjunction with morphine to prevent cardiac arrest, but the player cannot be awoken. We tested this and gradually injured a player until they'd fall unconscious (to make sure it's not just that in the other situations a player was too badly injured to be awoken), and as soon as a player slips into unconsciousness, two things can happen. They will either wake up of their own accord (and be knocked out again due to pain, sometimes), or they will not be awoken at all either by epinephrine or luck. The latter scenario is the most common. The only way to wake up a player is by allowing PAKs to be used by a medic in the field, and then using a PAK on an unconscious player to restore them to 100% combat readiness.

If anyone else has found a workaround or fix for the above grievances, please get back to me. I'd also like to make it clear that this is not me 'whining' or '[redacted]' (I am not sure about the forum's rules regarding swearing so I'll play it safe), it's just these are a collection of game-breaking issues and they don't even make sense, from a gameplay or realism perspective.

- The following is not an issue, it is a suggestion. I'd suggest you make it so that you can only use a Personal Aid Kit on a player in the event that they are fully bandaged, and (perhaps) under the influence of morphine like it was in ACE2. Otherwise, the PAK is utterly OP and since it's the only way to wake up a player with the advanced medical system, we've had to make it so the PAK can be used in the field.

Had the same problem so I don't really like to use the advanced medical for that reason I really like the idea but I like to play allso not just spend most of the time healing players or myself

How do I disable ACE3's changes to the grenade selection?

You can just unbind the controls :) The vanilla keybinds should still work fine

Red Laser Bug: After the 1.48 patch, the Laser (Red) attachment no longer shows the red dot from the laser. It tells me the laser is switching when I press the laser switch key (Ctrl+L?) but still don't see the red dot from the laser. Haven't done a vanilla test, because I am lazy and don't think it is a mod conflict.

Mods in Use:

• CBA_A3
  • TFAR
  • Head Range Plus
  • ASDG_JR
  • RH_acc
  • LAxemann's Immerse
  • LAxemann's Suppression
  • RHS US Armed Forces
  • ACE3
  • LAxemann's Enhanced Soundscape
  • ASR AI 3

Yeah, we got the controls down, but somehow, during this progress, its like all weapons become locked. Including the Titan. Switching to riffel, gun or launcher, nevertheless none of the will fire, after trying, not succeding to launch the titan launcher?

Hi TigirisJK,

you must do a correct 100m zeroed to be accurate (+0.8 mil elevation for the M320/.408CT).

For that, you can use the "set zero adjustment" in the ACE menu : "Self Actions" / "Equipment".

PS : you can take a look at this post if you want more explanation :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181964-ATragMX-Handheld-ballistics-calculator&p=2945809&viewfull=1#post2945809

Good shot.

Hi J3aLeiNe, I'm not sure what you mean. My weapon by default is zeroed to 100m, and I do not have the option in "Self Actions" -> "Equipment" to set the zero (I'm checking the zero by reloading and looking at the top right).

Under Equipment I have the ability to Configure/Display MicroDAGR, Check Weapon Temp, Open the ATrag, Open the Kestrel, and put my earplugs in, that's it.

This vid illustrates my issue. First few shots hits low on the target/under the target, until I adjust up. But the math should be right... shouldn't it?

Edited by TigrisJK

Red Laser Bug: After the 1.48 patch, the Laser (Red) attachment no longer shows the red dot from the laser. It tells me the laser is switching when I press the laser switch key (Ctrl+L?) but still don't see the red dot from the laser. Haven't done a vanilla test, because I am lazy and don't think it is a mod conflict.

Following this guide: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/how-to-report-an-issue.html

Could you please post it here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/new

Thank you :)

just tried the new version of ACE. So cool this two new islands you have made Altis and Stratis. They look amazing, good job!

(for those not getting it, isn't it too much of a stretch to put your own logo on the altis and statis islands??)

but seriously thou, good work with ace, keep those updates coming :)

Hello again,

can I use this code (Event Handler)

["medical_onUnconscious", {

// DO SOMETHING

}] call EFUNC(common,addEventHandler);

to catch if someone has gone unconscious?

or is there another way to do it?

Yep, you can use the event system :) (Though obviously the macro should become ace_common_fnc_addEventHandler).

There's some documentation on the various events available for anyone interested: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/development/ace3-events-system.html

It doesn't list all of them currently, but I'll see about adding more at some point today.

I'm not sure if the event system is considered part of the public API, so be cautious that things may be liable to change in future versions.

just tried the new version of ACE. So cool this two new islands you have made Altis and Stratis. They look amazing, good job!

(for those not getting it, isn't it too much of a stretch to put your own logo on the altis and statis islands??)

but seriously thou, good work with ace, keep those updates coming :)

That's because ACE is modifying something cfgWorlds which makes the island "modded" and causes the icon to display, that's BI functionality, not ACE.

Yep, you can use the event system :) (Though obviously the macro should become ace_common_fnc_addEventHandler).

There's some documentation on the various events available for anyone interested: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/development/ace3-events-system.html

It doesn't list all of them currently, but I'll see about adding more at some point today.

I'm not sure if the event system is considered part of the public API, so be cautious that things may be liable to change in future versions.

thank you

But is "medical_onUnconscious" the event to catch if someone has gone unconscious (as the name seems to mean)?

tnx

That's because ACE is modifying something cfgWorlds which makes the island "modded" and causes the icon to display, that's BI functionality, not ACE.

Exactly.

My weapon by default is zeroed to 100m, and I do not have the option in "Self Actions" -> "Equipment" to set the zero (I'm checking the zero by reloading and looking at the top right).

Hi TigrisJK,

the "100m" (or discreteDistance) at the top and right of your monitor is very approximate and just good for the standard ballistic, that's all.

If you use the Advanced Ballistics by Ruthberg,

be advised that no, by default, your rifle is not zeroed correctly at 100 meter, you must do it yourself (and it's the same for all sniper rifles).

It's easy, put a target at 100 meter, shoot and check it. The impact of your bullet must be in the center of your reticle : +8 clicks (0.8 mil) for the M320.

Then, go to the ACE menu and select "set zero adjustment", your elevation turret will be zeroed, it's done.

After, just try a another shot at 1000 meter, your ballistic software will be accurate.

Just a little tips, you have a great mission for that : [sP] 360 Degree Training Course by Ruthberg :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181296-SP-360-Degree-Training-Course

(AB module must be enabled by yourself)

My apologies for my bad english.

Edited by J3aLeiNe

Hi TigrisJK,

the "100m" (or discreteDistance) at the top and right of your monitor is very approximate and just good for the standard ballistic, that's all.

If you use the Advanced Ballistics by Ruthberg,

be advised that no, by default, your rifle is not zeroed correctly at 100 meter, you must do it yourself (and it's the same for all sniper rifles).

It's easy, put a target at 100 meter, shoot and check it. The impact of your bullet must be in the center of your reticle : +8 clicks (0.8 mil) for the M320.

Then, go to the ACE menu and select "set zero adjustment", your elevation turret will be zeroed, it's done.

After, just try a another shot at 1000 meter, your ballistic software will be accurate.

Just a little tips, you have a great mission for that : [sP] 360 Degree Training Course by Ruthberg :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181296-SP-360-Degree-Training-Course

(AB module must be enabled by yourself)

My apologies for my bad english.

For some reason I couldn't find the zero adjustment earlier, maybe cause I was still scoped in, but I found it now. Beautiful, thanks J3aLeiNE.