pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

Ahem,.......I own APEX, bought In the BI store, I'm on Dev branch, when I select Tanoa in the editor I am being asked to purchase Apex....... :(

Known problem, they're trying to fix it.

These "understand the devs" posts only put oil into the fire. They announced it would be out today, then messed up the QA of actually testing whether it works, then they left the offices and wont do anything until tomorrow to fix it. Now we have a lot of angry customers who bought it today and it is not working

This issue is related to Steam, not BIS.

...this is what I managed to trawl so far from the xml file.

The KH-3A Fenghuang is an unmanned aerial drone based on a Chinese design. The UAV adopts the unusual canard layout and is propelled by a pusher engine. This multipurpose drone is equipped with modern tracking and tracing systems, countermeasures and also carries four air-to-ground laser guided missiles.

Personal watercraft (PWC) of the sit-down type. This small-hulled craft driven by a jet-propulsion system offers seats for 3 people and is easy to mount or dismount on the water thanks to the open stern construction. The powerful engine and great maneuverability makes this craft truly fun to ride. And of course it is a small and useful water transport vehicle for military use as well.

This autonomous/remotely controlled helicopter drone is mainly used as close air support and thanks to the unmanned construction can be deployed in the most dangerous zones. The Falcon is equipped with a laser designator and can therefore handle surveillance, reconnaissance and target designation tasks. Its greatest strength, however, lies in armament. It carries two rocket pods, each with 12 unguided rockets and six Scalpel air-to-ground missiles. The MQ-12 Falcon can also use countermeasures for self-defense.

Developed as a 21st century replacement for aging C-130 based gunships and transport aircraft. Its third-generation tilt-rotor VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) technology allows this long endurance aircraft to conveniently utilize a wide range of airfields and runways which greatly improves the military logistics. It also provides unparalleled maneuverability in its heavily armed gunship variant which has the unique ability to perform either pylon turns or merely hover in place during the ground attack. The huge internal storage allows for transportation of vehicles up to the size and weight of the AMV-7 Marshall APC in the vehicle transport variant or up to 32 fully armed soldiers with supplies in the infantry transport variant. The storage space of the gunship variant is fully occupied by automated weapon stations and carried ammunition.

By far the largest CSAT joint development project to date was long troubled by the conflicting requirements of the participating armies who demanded an aircraft with VTOL capabilities. The planned budget was vastly exceeded several times and development was years behind schedule. The program eventually became one of the most expensive in military procurement history and despite a great deal of information remains classified and is often compared to the older F-35 program. The final solution was based upon the most promising prototype designed in Xi'an which was able to meet most of the requirements with satisfactory results. High running and maintenance costs remains a huge issue that plagues the reputation of the otherwise extremely progressive aircraft with many unique features and top-notch bleeding-edge technologies.

The MB 4WD is a modern four-wheel drive off-road vehicle with a distinctive construction, which could be tracked up to World War II. The vehicle was produced in the US and exists in a number of different editions. Thanks to the powerful engine, durable chassis and great maneuverability, this vehicle can handle all levels of difficult terrains from dry deserts to humid jungles or artic wastelands.

An agile (maximum speed 160 km/h) light protected vehicle for 5-6 soldiers – depending on the configuration. The Qilin offers safe and fast operating speeds with superior levels of mobility and maneuverability. It is highly adaptable to severe, rugged and restrictive terrains while providing off-road, cross-country mobility under all types of weather conditions. The vehicle was produced in China with Russian cooperation, so some minor influence from Ifrit MRAP can be seen in Qilin’s design. The Qilin is a highly customizable platform which can be fitted according to the mission. CSAT Pacific forces primarily use the unarmed variant and the armed variant fitted with a 6.5 mm minigun.

Caesar BTT is a single-engine, fixed-gear, low-wing general aviation aircraft built from composite materials. The Caesar BTT is one of the fastest fixed-gear, single-engined piston aircraft, reaching a speed of 235 knots (435 km/h) true air speed at 25,000 feet (7,600 m). It is used by civilians and smaller shipping companies all around the world.

The Prowler is a light strike vehicle (LSV) which means it is agile and lightly armored. It uses speed, maneuverability and off-road mobility to avoid major threats. Another benefit is that the Prowler is light enough to be transported by medium helicopters such as UH-80 Ghost Hawk. This is in contrast to the heavy MRAP vehicles which are harder to transport to the battlefield. Two configurations of Prowler exist. The armed variant of Prowler is equipped with two machine guns. The front seated position carries a .338 SPMG medium machine gun. The top turret is equipped with a .50 cal heavy machine gun. With this arsenal, Prowler is ideal for quick hit and run missions. The unarmed variant is stripped of all guns, but the back part of the vehicle is open and there are reserve seats for two additional soldiers.

The rigid-hulled inflatable boat, (RHIB) is a light-weight but high-performance and high-capacity boat constructed with a solid, shaped hull and flexible tubes at the gunwale. The boat can fit 7 passengers and a driver. RHIB can be used for multiple tasks. It can be a simple transport boat with some countries deploying them for coast guarding. This is in contrast to criminals on Tanoa who uses RHIBs as a fast and small smuggling boat.

• Like 1

Ahem,.......I own APEX, bought In the BI store, I'm on Dev branch, when I select Tanoa in the editor I am being asked to purchase Apex....... :(

\

Easy there Champ... step away from the Edge... it's not worth it ... you have so much to live for...

Its a licence issue... somewhere along the way steam isnt recognizing the DLC and is not updating... there working on t

If you would sign in to Steam we could be discussing this over beers LOL

• Like 3

Anybody having licensing problems seems. Let's stay calm. Oh the sweet hype :)

• Like 1

These "understand the devs" posts only put oil into the fire. They announced it would be out today, then messed up the QA of actually testing whether it works, then they left the offices and wont do anything until tomorrow to fix it. Now we have a lot of angry customers who bought it today and it is not working

A lot of angry children if you ask me.

It's the development branch, things don't always go according to plan.

• Like 4

This issue is related to Steam, not BIS.

No, BI messed up. It would have taked their QA people 1 single minute to try to run the DLC from a steam account to verify. But they simply skipped that, closed the offices for today and a few thousand players are left disappointed and angry.

And dont pull this entitled kids nonsense. They treat us like grown-ups when they promise early access for buyers today.

We are entitled to early access today because it says so on the package, because we paid for it.

• Like 1

Everyone else has the same issues. Steam hasn't pushed the updates yet. Sit tight and wait, at this rate it probably will be postponed until tomorrow.  :wacko:

• Experimental development branch staging something that's not even officially released and unfinished

• People shitstorming about how they bought it and it's not working

wat

// Looking forward to trying this beauty out! :)

• Like 5

No, BI messed up. It would have taked their QA people 1 single minute to try to run the DLC from a steam account to verify. But they simply skipped that, closed the offices for today and a few thousand players are left disappointed and angry.

Aye, because this would the the very first time when Steam has issues distributing a huge DLC, oh wait no it isn't!

Truth is you don't know who or what messed this up, and neither do we, nor do you know if Bohemia offices are empty, only thing we know for sure is BI always gets the blame no matter what  :lol:

• Like 4

Nice that you have all that evidence to back up the statement you just made. BIS are one of the very few developers that listen to their community and provide the very best of services to them. After all, they are an independent studio so it is in their best interests to keep the community on their side. I'd be extremely surprised if BIS would release a development update then stop people from downloading it, so for me it is a Steam licencing issue (from past experiences with games like IL-2 Sturmovik - that had the same problem).

Anyways, looks fantastic from what I've seen and heard so far. Can't wait to try this DEVELOPMENT release!

• Like 4

Oops!.....sorry guys, just home from work, just seen "Tanoa Discussion" and lost my shit for a short while...... :P     

Aye, because this would the the very first time when Steam has issues distributing a huge DLC, oh wait no it isn't!

Truth is you don't know who or what messed this up, and neither do we, nor do you know if Bohemia offices are empty, only thing we know for sure is BI always gets the blame no matter what  :lol:

Bohemia messed up. It is their responsibility to check whether the files sent to steam work properly. but they did not bother to check it. Their fault for saying it is out before verifying if it actually works. If they can happily take our money today they sure can spare some QA guy actually making sure it works.

• Like 1

And dont pull this entitled kids nonsense. They treat us like grown-ups when they promise early access for buyers today.

We are entitled to early access today because it says so on the package, because we paid for it.

You must be kidding man. First of all, this is dev branch. So, you cannot expect to everything work as it should. Then, its Steam's fault, not theirs. And lastly, calm down man, stop spamming your angry posts. I'm sure they are doing what they can, and, as I've personnaly heard from friend who work there, they dont usually just "close the office and let few thousands players be disappointi". 

• Like 1

Well considering Oukej and Tom 48 97 are in the thread I doubt BI is unaware...

Nor do I think they pushed a button, flipped the lights off and went home...

Im friggin trying to get some damn housecleaning done cuz I be a playing when the issue is resolved :)

...And dont pull this entitled kids nonsense...

...We are entitled to early access today because it says so on the package, because we paid for it.

lol. pick one dude

• Like 2

it did work from me from the first try tbh:
20160606221509_1.jpg

• Like 12

20160606221509_1.jpg

You! You utter, utter... lucky guy!

PuFu, that is because of your # of postings bonus :D

20160606221509_1.jpg

Well, they made a mistake:

La Rochelle is located here:

163068Sanstitre.jpg

• Like 4

PuFu, put the kettle on, me and 400 others are on our way round to your house, we won't be long :D

• Like 7