Sign in to follow this  
MarkRobb

K9 units

as far as i know, animals arent possible due to the current engine, its been asked about since OFP was first released sad.gif

You could do an abominable(spelling?) snowman or something like in Delta Force LW, they are sorta human like.

Who said it is not possible it is possible with the new animation tool you can make new animation and a dog

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Oct. 30 2002,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who said it is not possible it is possible with the new animation tool you can make new animation and a dog<span id='postcolor'>

Noone,But OFPInternals haven't released it yet I think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TaNK_Em @ Oct. 29 2002,20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sick the dogs on russians legs knock them down and excute wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You must be german. biggrin.gif

Man, it would feel like another Christmas present from BIS if there would be more animals in next version of whatever they replace 1.85 with. (damn long sentence)

(I say another because for me 1.85 was like a big present already)

Actually im American with a little Canadian in me just be fun I have nothing against the Russians. Well if animals came out people could make 30-06s hunting stands and for wheelers for hunters like me biggrin.gif

Ive seen and hear ideas of a OFP deer and bear that were simply a silent motorcycle body kinda with a deer shell.....but had no animation etc....cant wait till they release animation tool tho biggrin.gif

Kevin

If someone makes some animals for ofp, take my word, I will have a safari mission out the next day. There will be jeeps and maybe hundreds of innocent animals plus you can use military style weapons on them, that has never been done before.

1: 2, target rabbit 12 o'clock

1: 2, engage

2: roger

Pow pow pow pow pow fur goes flying everywhere.

I do have some motion capture data of a police dog i worked on a few years ago, but its in a Vicon Motion Capture Format. I did see in Oxygen that it does support a Vicon format, but its not one im familiar with, and as Oxygen now refuses to run on my machine, i cant even have a muck around with it sad.gif

I do know that BIS used vicon mocap data for the troops in game, as i got to see the game running several months before it was released at an event staged by Oxford Metrics (the company who make the Vicon Motion Capture hardware/software).

If anyone out there wants to try mucking around with some motion capture data and try and get it in game get in touch and ill send you some data.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MotherRussiaAK74 @ Oct. 30 2002,05:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dogs would be utterly useless in every way.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually dogs are a major roll in some countries for military base protection usually 2 dogs per gate each with handler.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TaNK_Em @ Oct. 30 2002,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MotherRussiaAK74 @ Oct. 30 2002,05:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dogs would be utterly useless in every way.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually dogs are a major roll in some countries for military base protection usually 2 dogs per gate each with handler.<span id='postcolor'>

He means in OFP, not in real life

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MotherRussiaAK74 @ Oct. 30 2002,10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dogs would be utterly useless in every way.<span id='postcolor'>

I disagree STRNONGLY... in OFP dogs could be very useful for patrols if they were made with a high detection level and thus could help spot enemy troops more easily then regular troops.

The hard part would be making them do damage when they attack. Their is a simple hand to hand combat system in OFP that looks like it was never fully developed (it's part of a punching animation), however it does do dammage. If some coding genius could figure out how to utilize that then it might be possible...either that or the dogs bit would be like a gun with a few thousand rounds of "bites" and where the damage is done in the same manner as Keg's hand drill addon where it has to be right on someone to do dammage.

Plus even if the dogs just walked around it would be useful just to add atmosphere to the game. Other animals like cows, sheep, and deer would also be very nice to add atmosphere and maybe some very amusing "hunting" missions.

However more useful I think would be a bayonet lunge animation. OFP REALLY needs bayonets. A simple "lunge" animation should be easy to do and the above method of causing dammage could be used to simulate a bayonet attack. AI could be set to only use the attack at ranges of less then .3 meters or something like that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ya I aggree, having animals in OFP would really add something!

*thinking*.....wonder if it would be possible to put fish in the ocean and/or river....a relaxing fishing trip in the confort of your home when it's -40 degree outside biggrin.gif

animals would be really great to add in OFP

random dog speed script to create races...spend the day at the OFP track biggrin.gif

LOL. biggrin.gif

Or maybe horse racing if a mounted horse addon was created.

OR, player controlled animals, so a pack of dogs could hunt a fox or a rabbit... or a hippopotamus. biggrin.gif

These are good ideas, i have found a flaw in your plans:

You and 2 other troops and a dog are out on patrol, the dog all of a sudden (with heightened senses) says " 3 o'clock enemy soldier, 500" with his West Voice...see the flaw biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Steam @ Oct. 30 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These are good ideas, i have found a flaw in your plans:

You and 2 other troops and a dog are out on patrol, the dog all of a sudden (with heightened senses) says " 3 o'clock enemy soldier, 500" with his West Voice...see the flaw biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I thought about that...but it's not a flaw if the dog is in another squad that is controlled by AI. In that case you would never hear the dog talk accept for triggers and stuff that would have the dog barking using custom sounds.

Also units can have their own sounds like the the WWII GI and Nazi soldier packs that have customized sounds specific to those units. So when the dog gets hit it could be made to whimper, yelp, or growl.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OFPunk @ Oct. 30 2002,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If someone makes some animals for ofp, take my word, I will have a safari mission out the next day. There will be jeeps and maybe hundreds of innocent animals plus you can use military style weapons on them, that has never been done before.

1: 2, target rabbit 12 o'clock

1: 2, engage

2: roger

Pow pow pow pow pow fur goes flying everywhere.<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like standard Army training to me... wink.gif Groundhog 11 oclock... aim... FIRE!