Sign in to follow this  
akm74

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost

When one guy asked on the official forums for a realistic iron sights in Ghost Recon 2, the community almost killed him for that.

Been there in the past some times and it was sugested/requested by many (ironsights), but anyway ive heard GR is turning into 3rd person shooter so what wasnt already much good will only become worse.

Anyway i hope there will be an option to disable useless HUD stuff and crosshair in stalker, it would a shame for this one to turn out another run&gun sad_o.gif .

If you watched the latest videos you would know that Stalker now has iron sights. rock.gif So I'm sure you can disable the crosshair. wink_o.gif

Yeah, but they did them wrong. smile_o.gif

How is that?

They are made up, not real and the guns are messed up also.

---- news flash ----

The game will not be released until the next year. It will have more chance to succeed when released after DOOM3 and HL2.

---- news flash ----

Check AKs and M4.

They have ejection ports on the left upper, which is not correct. There are M4 made for lefties (Ejection port on the left) but they look very much different. In other weapon the folded stock goes to cover the ejection port which is a suicide. Probably they though it'd be cool to see all the details but it came out realy not cool.

The BUIS is not correct because it has a two adjust handles instead of one.

A m4 mod

http://www.stalker-game.com/downloa...._37.jpg

AK

http://www.stalker-game.com/downloa...._19.jpg

---- news flash ----

The game will not be released until the next year. It will have more chance to succeed when released after DOOM3 and HL2.

---- news flash ----

Crap, i was expecting too see it out around xmas this year, and those weapons look really weird, imagine cassings ejecting in front of you crazy_o.gif .

They are made up, not real and the guns are messed up also.

---- news flash ----

---- news flash ----

Check AKs and M4.

They have ejection ports on the left upper, which is not correct. There are M4 made for lefties (Ejection port on the left) but they look very much different. In other weapon the folded stock goes to cover the ejection port which is a suicide. Probably they though it'd be cool to see all the details but it came out realy not cool.

The BUIS is not correct because it has a two adjust handles instead of one.

A m4 mod

http://www.stalker-game.com/downloa...._37.jpg

AK

http://www.stalker-game.com/downloa...._19.jpg

You play games in third person but complain about this?

Why do you complain about what most people would say are minor, cosmetic things, purportedly in the name of realism, but play games through a magical flying camera?

Well, because the whole is made out of detailes. If u see that great engine and maps and realistic environment and then u see a squary wheels, u'll go: uhh, WTF is that? It may be minor but at some point significant.

I won't care about what side the ejection port is on when I am blasting radioactive mutants and trying to avoid nasty radioactive anomalies. Basically realism is a null factor in this game, I will be sure to buy it anyways!

---- news flash ----

---- news flash ----

Publisher THQ: "The company announced that the new original PC title S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is now scheduled to ship in the fiscal fourth quarter in order to maximize its sales potential."

Stupid publishers, sometimes they can't get it out fast enough and unfinnished and now this! I hope the devs take this additional time to implement coop (but that is rather unlikely as most devs have a coop-phobia).

No matter what, I'll stick to OFP2!!!

I won't care about what side the ejection port is on when I am blasting radioactive mutants and trying to avoid nasty radioactive anomalies. Basically realism is a null factor in this game, I will be sure to buy it anyways!

I hate those kinda games.

To me improtant is:

- tactics

- team

- realistic weaponry and scenery

Well, basicaly any good military game. Uhhh - do u know any? (OFP not included)

<_<

>_>

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>STALKER WILL HAVE CO-OP!!</span>..eventually

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/541/541766p1.html

Quote[/b] ]There's a quick interview on Planet STALKER (in German) which chats with GSC from the 2004 Games Convention that reveals that co-op will likely be added in a patch after the game hits stores. In addition, there's word that they are uncertain about a demo, but if they do make one it will be after the game's release. Lastly, a beta test is scheduled to begin within the next 2 months. Thanks Oblivion Lost.

Note, co-op will likely be added...I wouldn´t bet my money in it.

But I can dream can't I? Can't I?? wow_o.gif

Why don´t they add it right with the release ?

All that "coop patch comes later..." starts to annoy me...

Wasn't that interested in Stalker, but the addition of the coop has definetley made me take note.

Why don´t they add it right with the release ?

All that "coop patch comes later..." starts to annoy me...

Technical difficulties was the official answer if i remember correctly, which makes me wonder what makes it any easier to add coop after the game has been released?

That first one seemed real at first. Looking good.

I just pray it won't be released at the same time as HL2, or any other "big name" game.

MP Preview

Quote[/b] ]One of the concepts of the single-player game that crosses into the multiplayer arena is the idea that stalkers must purchase their equipment. So, before you respawn, you can hit the "b" key to call up a purchasing system that's not unlike that found in Counter-Strike. You gain cash by getting kills, and if you accumulate enough cash, you can buy better weapons, armor, and equipment. All of the weapons in the game are based on real-world examples, so we purchased Kalashnikovs as well as a G36 assault rifle. You can also purchase upgrades for all weapons, including grenade launchers and scopes. Needless to say, given the choice between an assault rifle and a pistol, we chose the former.

wow_o.gifmad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

MP Preview
Quote[/b] ]One of the concepts of the single-player game that crosses into the multiplayer arena is the idea that stalkers must purchase their equipment. So, before you respawn, you can hit the "b" key to call up a purchasing system that's not unlike that found in Counter-Strike. You gain cash by getting kills, and if you accumulate enough cash, you can buy better weapons, armor, and equipment. All of the weapons in the game are based on real-world examples, so we purchased Kalashnikovs as well as a G36 assault rifle. You can also purchase upgrades for all weapons, including grenade launchers and scopes. Needless to say, given the choice between an assault rifle and a pistol, we chose the former.

wow_o.gif  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

OMFG not counter strike! mad_o.gif