Sign in to follow this  
akm74

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost

Is this game out in the US?? i tried lookin on eBay but it doesnt have it

It isn't out anywhere yet.

IM SOLD!

Look at those graphics, ofp2 wont look so good, it will have better lighting than ofp1 and other stuff but i doubt it will look this real...

but we can expect more "realism" from ofp2 in other areas, like was given in ofp1, im sure stalker must keep you locked in little hallways of gameplay, instead of the massive "islands" ofp gives.

Not at all. 99% of stuff I have seen of STALKER is all open, mainly grassland/ruins. It's not a corridor shooter, that's for sure.

Not at all. 99% of stuff I have seen of STALKER is all open, mainly grassland/ruins. It's not a corridor shooter, that's for sure.

But at the same time the areas are not nearly as large or as open as those of flashpoint. The areas are a lot bigger than almost any other game... except flashpoint, but they are still closed areas.

as far as i understood the whole chenobyl etc area was made... so rather large

well, its deffinatly on my to buy list... along with GTA: San Andreas

But Stalker wont be big enough to fly a mig-29 jet or a hercules right? Or have huge infantry assaults supported by gunships or APC's or even both? Does seem like a must have for sure but theres no point in comparing such diferent games...

About the ironsights. I see on the screenshots the buis is all wrong. The upper can be lefty on west weapons but AK?

Also the folded butt stock goes to the side of shell ejection port rock.gif

I've seen the trailer.

Fighting agains a Hind is ....... The guy's taking numerous hits from Hinds gun. Yeah, keep it up.

Would be cool if he hadn't kept the gun aimed at the guy he' talking to.

I like OFP for one hit=one dead.

But Stalker wont be big enough to fly a mig-29 jet or a hercules right? Or have huge infantry assaults supported by gunships or APC's or even both? Does seem like a must have for sure but theres no point in comparing such diferent games...

Well of course it won't. STALKER is an RPG not a military simulator.....

I'm sure this thread was started not because STALKER looked like a compeditor/replacement for OFP, but rather because it looked like a very cool game. BTW the world size for STALKER has been often mentioned as being around 30-50km2. Much smaller than OFP, but then again you mightn't walk around it so fast...

. BTW the world size for STALKER has been often mentioned as being around 30-50km2. Much smaller than OFP, but then again you mightn't walk around it so fast...

In TOTAL, not all in one area. Its lots of smaller areas.

Well, for what it's worth, not only does it seem to be an excellent game on its own, but thinking of modding possibilities, ... I mean, if for OFP the community has managed to break the boundaries of it's game engine, just imagine what mods will do to this one... Even Far Cry has larger dimensions than OFP's possible for map-creating, thinking of Stalker to equal or beat those values... this one is DEFINITELY on my buy-list... and since it is neither EA nor Ubisoft, I'm rather expecting they'll be smart enough to release a nice SDK for it... smile_o.gif

BUZZARD @ July 19 2004,03:05)]Even Far Cry has larger dimensions than OFP's possible for map-creating, thinking of Stalker to equal or beat those values..

Where did you hear this and are you aware of how ridiculous that statement is?

Far cry can't do half the level size of OFP. Its all enclosed spaces and passages, even the 'outdoors' scenes are very very tightly controlled.

Looks neat and fun. I hope they get a demo out. I hate buying and then hating games. Did that once, and never again. biggrin_o.gif

It's always so frustrating watching these demo videos, the devs always dance around the enemy and soak up loads of damage to be able to show off enemy behaviour. A real player would just crouch and shoot the same 3 guys in the head that the dev took 10 minutes of taking potshots and pussyfooting around to kill. tounge_o.gif

Anyway, the 4 new videos were very nice, better start building my new PC soon...the OFP engine is really starting to look antique. (dx7-based)

BUZZARD @ July 19 2004,03:05)]Even Far Cry has larger dimensions than OFP's possible for map-creating, thinking of Stalker to equal or beat those values..

Where did you hear this and are you aware of how ridiculous that statement is?

Far cry can't do half the level size of OFP.  Its all enclosed spaces and passages, even the 'outdoors' scenes are very very tightly controlled.

I actually dug out the info on one of the official Far Cry Forum threads...

the bigest setting that sandbox curently suports is around 4,000,000 square killometears

So there you go...

Another thing: don't worry about the amount of damage the player seems to take - yet - in demos 99% of the time the demonstration is run in god mode so that the set piece isn't ruined by having to be restarted.

BUZZARD @ July 19 2004,12:56)]I actually dug out the info on one of the official Far Cry Forum threads...

the bigest setting that sandbox curently suports is around 4,000,000 square killometears

So there you go...

Sir, nonsense. Show pictures/ movie or link to area that size in far cry. If the engine can handle that size of area, why is every one of the levels about 3km *3km max and that composed mostly of impenetrable jungle/ mountains?

Well theres nothing to prove that for certain either way. But if the claims are true, i think they still would have limited it....if you had a 100km*100km area on Farcry, it would be much more difficult to keep the player on objective and thus the storyline working

Just my 2 cents, niether of us will know until someone tries to make something much larger with an SDK for farcry.