Sign in to follow this  
akm74

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost

I stand corrected Ran smile.gif. Pretty cool, looks like they decided to throw something in for everyone. If you look at the screenshots, there's one AK variant, the other one looks like an M4 to me, and ran just positively identified the bullpup as an FN smile.gif

yes , and in stalkers too apparently

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Oct. 29 2002,17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I stand corrected Ran smile.gif. Pretty cool, looks like they decided to throw something in for everyone. If you look at the screenshots, there's one AK variant, the other one looks like an M4 to me, and ran just positively identified the bullpup as an FN smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

the "m4" is in fact an FN FNC

http://www.ontarget-inc.com/fnc.htm

Cool, so it looks like the guns they are using actually exist IRL.

If so, any guesses as to exactly which AK this is?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Oct. 29 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cool, so it looks like the guns they are using actually exist IRL.

If so, any guesses as to exactly which AK this is?<span id='postcolor'>

i think it's an AK47 because of the foregrip. but i need a better look on the barrel to identify it properly. but i think the developpers would add a AK74 to the game.

This FNC has quite a lot of M4 parts on it. wink.gif and the position of the rear sights is wrong.

This game looks fantastic. I like to play both realistic and a bit unrealistic FPS games (Unreal and Q3 are too unrealistic tounge.gif). It looks a lot different than normal todays 3D shooters (RTCW,SoF2,NOLF2 etc.), playing areas look quite large. Weapons look more innovative than normally (AK's, futuristic versions of todays weapons, Makarov(!!wink.gif ).

Also the setting is very interesting IMO, abandonded villages, roads. Not to mention that it's all in Russia which makes this game quite exotic.

I'll add this game to my most wanted games list along with Doom3 biggrin.gif.

Those maps look exactly like like the scenes in the movie, except in the movie, its more stark because they switch to black and white sometimes.

It was a good movie. "You cannot go in the way you go out"

There were alot of freaky happenings, really cool.

'

"The zone doesn't want you to get out."

The scene where they sneak into the zone evading the police and the scene when they go through the tunnel, and the writer is the guinea pig.

That was a DEEP movie.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ Oct. 29 2002,21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The scene where they sneak into the zone evading the police and the scene when they go through the tunnel, and the writer is the guinea pig.<span id='postcolor'>

WTF? confused.gifwow.gif

how old is the movie. never heard of it but it sounds interresting. wink.gif

It couldn't have been a M4 because the recoil buffer design in the standard M-16 and derivatives doesn't allow for a folding stock. The M4 and other carbines have collapsible stocks instead, with a buffer and spring that catch the recoiling bolt carrier.

However, there are a couple of weapons derived from the M-16 design that use non-standard lower receivers that do away with the stock recoil buffer.

Among them are AR pistols such as those by Olympic Arms and Bushmaster, the Carbon-15 from Professional Ordnance, and the LR-300 series from Z-M Weapons.

The rifle pictured in the STALKER screenshot is probably the LR-300ML from Z-M Weapons:

LM300.jpg

(Edited the message to point to a mirror of the image so we don't steal Z-M Weapons' server bandwidth)

Can someone make the FNC, FN2000, and LM300 for OFP? And how about a post-apolyptic fallout style mod for ofp, with squad combat? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 29 2002,14:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ Oct. 29 2002,21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The scene where they sneak into the zone evading the police and the scene when they go through the tunnel, and the writer is the guinea pig.<span id='postcolor'>

WTF? confused.gif  wow.gif

how old is the movie. never heard of it but it sounds interresting. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Movie

ZM Weapon

Wierd, I've never seen anything like it. It looks as if the bolt carrier would have to be cut in half just to make room for the round to reload.

Is that some kind of grip safety I see on the back of the rear pistol grip?

Tyler

I don't believe that is a safety, the design of the lower receiver doesn't permit any mechanical linkage from the pistol grip area.

As far as the bolt carrier is concerned, yes, it is significantly shorter than the stock one. There is also a much stronger non-standard recoil spring.

I suspect the LM300 is quite uncomfortable to shoot and difficult to control in anything but semi-automatic mode. The shorter recoil distance would significantly increase the cyclic rate, and increase the recoil impulse felt by the shooter.

Some info on the guns being implemented:

http://www.gamewatchers.net/displayarticle.php?article=25

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

GSC: There will be 30 different weapons in the game. Many of them will be futuristic, but nevertheless realistic – for example, FN 2000, Fort pistol are currently in development. Virtually all the weapons are going to be modifiable – you can purchase various bits like sniper optics or night vision and install them on your rifle for most comfortable and effective shooting. In this way you can make super-weapons out of your best-liked guns. Apart from regular weaponry, we also plan artifact guns, providing for some extra abilities (for example, use of gravitation, raising objects in the air and throwing them at a distance and so on).

<span id='postcolor'>

Also in this interview there is mention of being able to use vehicles:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we plan multitude of vehicles for the game and many of them will be controllable. For instance you will find a lot of Soviet-type vehicles (and weapons too, btw) in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lada Niva car, Kamaz truck, APC BTR-70, Mi-24 helicopter and more.

<span id='postcolor'>

Oh and I found the answer to my own question. In there it is mentioned that the Kalashnikov is an AK-74 smile.gif

It looks okay and the plot isn't the worst in the world but i would still like a really realistic first person urban warfare game where you could have weapons from all around the world and uniforms too. And you just have large skirmishes over the net taking over cities. Instead of a 15 minute job have a 3 day thing where the city is under siege and people join the game and rally up troops and charge, get slaughtered by snipers and MGs and charge again! lol

You would have to have vehicles like trucks, APCs and maybe tanks but all would be able to be destroyed by RPGs etc

You might as well use real scenarios like the 6 day war in the Golan heights, lot's of galils and urban warfare :-)

A mission like rogue spear mission 4 in Djakovica, Kosovo would be really cool, siege the city and take control of the church, but the city would be huge and have lot's of places where a camper could lie down in a puddle with a dragunov, aiming at a deserted street, and then a shadow would move here and there as an enemy infiltration team slowly moves up the street. Bang. the camper is sniped full on in the face by an enemy sniper who noticed the dull glint of wet gun metal. hehehe

this could be how detailed OFP 3 is in the urban sector in a few years time, or someone could just create a new game that does this.

We are not talking about some other game you made up, but STALKER. I think STALKER looks amazing! I like how it is present time stuff mixed with futuristic stuff, a definate break from all the realistic shooters coming out. I would rather play this than something that Jinef talked about, becuase present time stuff gets sort of boring after every shooter released is a WW2, or present time game. I'm really looking forward to this!

It's a matter of opinion - i read lord of the rings 8 years ago and found it utterly boring (i gave up at in the middle of the second book after having to take notes!wink.gif , but as soon as the film comes out everyone's reading it!

But this game looks good, i didn't say i did not like games that are not realistic (i've got half life, rtcw and sof2!wink.gif

I just like urban warfare games and went off on a bit of a tangent tounge.gif

Btw Are most of you in the military or something? how do you know so much about guns? All i know is how to pull the trigger and clean my pistol, and unjam the SA80 lol

My god have we got a shit rifle!

P.s. Anyone who hasn't completed rogue spear on elite hasn't known hard biggrin.gif

I'd say that a mod for flashpoint similar to stalker, but dispensing with the zombies/mutants could be done very well, but why tread the same ground?

Still, I would like to see flashpoint "after the bomb", with very sparse ammo and fuel, and a dynamic rpg storyline...

But I'll probably buy STALKER anyway. =D

I did some looking and I found a txt format version of the book this game is based on at www.lib.ru (Yes, this is legal in Russia, and it's a Russian book so I don't believe posting it is a problem). Anyways here's the English translation - it seems top notch...and it's a pretty enjoyable read so far.

http://www.lib.ru/STRUGACKIE/engl_picnic.txt

And for those of you who can read Russian slightly faster than my "couple of paragraphs an hour" pace, here's the original smile.gif

http://lib.ru/STRUGACKIE/picnic.txt