...I knew that, because I'm the one who was contacted to arrange it, the client doesn't want the whole forum hearing about it. Could you please edit your post?

Toadie posted images of it on his twitter so I didn't know there was any issues... but sure thing.

Is the SG542 going to be included? (The semi auto .308 big brother to the 550)

Also I notice there is no SKS on the list, I haven't yet found a decent SKS mod and would love to see one here.

The SG540s are different enough that they'd be sensible as their own pack in the future - they're not currently on the list, but Swiss guns in general are very popular with a few Patreon'ers, so you'll probably see them prop up eventually.

The SKS isn't on the list yet but it's a very high profile weapon. In fact, it's fairly high on the list of items I plan to put on the list, alongside the SVT-40 and M1941 Johnson.

• Like 2

G'day NIArms team,

I was wondering with the upcoming release of the SIG Sauer pistols pack, will you be developing new loading/reloading animations that show the players hands actually rack the slide instead of using the slide lock lever to release the slide after a slide lock reload?

That's a yes on that one.

Oh, and in a note related to discussion earlier in the thread, it looks like the Army's H&K CSASS is going to come with an HK branded Geissle SMR rail, which means MLOK instead of Keymod (or backwards krautmod). The trigger is also getting upgraded to a Geissle one, but that's a pretty standard modification already.

Hey, you may want to re-download because the MG3 works fine for me (both the regular version and the KWK one). Then again I may have used a different download link that you. I'd say try to get it again and see if you still have the same problem.

After looking into it further, I am getting constant muzzle flash on the Danish m/62 at medium-long distance, tried the same test with the other variants and they seemed fine.

After looking into it further, I am getting constant muzzle flash on the Danish m/62 at medium-long distance, tried the same test with the other variants and they seemed fine.

So it wasn´t the download? And i almost started pulling my hair out.

@war_lord

Shall we put it on the bugtracker?

You can put it in there if you wish, I'll send a message off to Toadie anyway just to be sure.

That is fine with me. If you tell him, then it is gonna be fixed in the next version for sure. No need for the ticket.

That's a yes on that one.

Oh, and in a note related to discussion earlier in the thread, it looks like the Army's H&K CSASS is going to come with an HK branded Geissle SMR rail, which means MLOK instead of Keymod (or backwards krautmod). The trigger is also getting upgraded to a Geissle one, but that's a pretty standard modification already.

So you're saying that Geisselle 416/17s are 100% confirmed.

So you're saying that Geisselle 416/17s are 100% confirmed.

Not 100%, but one can draw reasonable conclusions based on this image and the rumor floating around for ages that a certain Tier 1 unit told HK that they wanted any further HK416's to come from the factory with a Geissele rail.

img_6559-660x493.jpg

• Like 2

Don't blame em, lessens weight compared to a quad rail, allows 45 degree mounting of certain things like sights, lights, or lasers without special hardware, improves cooling (with the way those guys roll they need all the cooling on their guns they can get), and a good M-LOK setup is as stable if not a little more than keymod. Plus it looks funky and tacticool.

Not 100%, but one can draw reasonable conclusions based on this image and the rumor floating around for ages that a certain Tier 1 unit told HK that they wanted any further HK416's to come from the factory with a Geissele rail.

Regardless of what sfodd tells HK they gunsmith in-house so.... Geissele parts are super popular among many sf (namely triggers).

Regardless of what sfodd tells HK they gunsmith in-house so.... Geissele parts are super popular among many sf (namely triggers).

I did already say that Geissele triggers are already a common modification. I imagine it would greatly simplify things on CAG's end to have the rifles come from the factory with the rail already on there, and maybe even with a Geissele trigger already installed.. Given HK's focus on the Military market, I doubt they licensed the SMR from Geissele for the sake of the MR762. And Keymod is dying a death outside of BCM. So it seems logical that the "new" rail is destined for the CSASS and American MIL/LEO sales of the HK416.  

• Like 2

Have the entire pack downloaded and love using all the guns along with their attention to detail!

But i keep getting these two errors;

1.Error: creating weapon UGL_F with scope=private

2.No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgWeapons.Flashlight'

Is there a way to fix this? If so how? 

I would be very surprised if HK actually shipped 3rd party or installed 3rd party accessories to their weapons, if a unit wants a Geiselle rail, they should buy them in bulk from Geiselle, and have the unit armourer fit them as the new weapons arrive.

It's a bit like asking for a BMW to come fitted with Audi Low profile wheel's, it's a conflict o interest, and also involves them having to purchase said items.

• Like 2

I don't know why you'd be surprised, given I've already supplied a picture of an HK branded, possibly HK manufactured rail.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/09/27/mdm-csass-goes-m-lok/

So yeah, it's happening. You can't buy SMR rails from Geiselle in bulk, they don't have the production facilities for large scale military orders. The Army is not going to buy over 3643 $400 aftermarket rails in top of their $44,500,000 rifle contract and send every rifle to an armorer to have the stock quad rail removed and presumably left in a parts bin somewhere. And, more importantly, the Army brass would have a seizure at the idea of issuing rifles where the hand guard has an inconsistent color tone. They'd sooner surrender to Russia.   

And anyway, the rifle in the G28E configuration that it won the trials with incorporates an OSS suppressor, so it already uses 3rd party technology. Being convinced to dump their crappy Hkey mod for a proven rail doesn't seem at all far fetched. I'll be stunned if Schlüsselmod actually ends up on an issued rifle.

• Like 2

Have the entire pack downloaded and love using all the guns along with their attention to detail!

But i keep getting these two errors;

1.Error: creating weapon UGL_F with scope=private

2.No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgWeapons.Flashlight'

Is there a way to fix this? If so how? 

Known issues, fixed in next release.

If it's HK branded, it's an HK product ergo quite likely to be shipped as an HK Product.

Geiselle is a brand name, a 3rd party, it's totally different if HK have their OWN SMR's but then they wouldn't be Geiselles in the actual true sense would they ? ;)

The Rail system is called Geiselle because of who made it, personally to me it doesn't really matter who makes it, HK themselves could probably knock up their versions without too much effort, and the fitting isn't beyond the normal "ground pounder/grunt " level anyway.

The One Toadie made was great, at the time, but it's pretty slick he's doing better ones, and I will look forwards to the end products as always

• Like 1

HK couldn't simply knock off the SMR, it'd be gross patent violation, it would have to be a licensed product.

Don't suppose you'd be willing to do a camo sub mod for the HK's once they're out Road Runner?

• Like 1

Of course I would love to, once the textures are done, I can try and make a few variations like the ones I did before.

This will be another High Quality addon, soon it's going to be hard to make the choices of which ones I will use!! hahahaha

• Like 2

Of course I would love to, once the textures are done, I can try and make a few variations like the ones I did before.

This will be another High Quality addon, soon it's going to be hard to make the choices of which ones I will use!! hahahaha

Excellent! Personally I won't be able to consider the custom 416's truly complete till someone's gone and put a coat of AOR patterns on them. Although I suppose I shouldn't be hyping them up so much, before they're even begun.  

• Like 3

Hi Toadie I have a proposal for a sniper rifle the RS9 / 8 by C.G. Haenel.  :)

530ea63700dd2ad77fb27db918600b94.jpg

G29.jpg

4970a7aca9.jpg

• Like 2

Why bolt action rifles are more precise?

Why bolt action rifles are more precise?

Because a semi automatic rifle will be very slightly inconsistent from shot to shot, because parts of the rifle are moving (usually quite violently) before the bullet leaves the barrel, to cycle the next round.

• Like 3

Would it be possible to add the MG36 Bipod to the G36 too? 

Some of the german Army Rifles are issued with that integral Bipod and it would be awesome to replicate that in Arma.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add the MG36 Bipod to the G36 too? 

Some of the german Army Rifles are issued with that integral Bipod and it would be awesome to replicate that in Arma.

Might be done as an attachment option for the Bipod slot on some G36's.

ADDENDUM: Classic G36's will get the MG36 bipod, the E series and above will have a rail attachment point for any ASDG compatible bipod.

• Like 3