The preview I've posted above is not yet implemented. The current funtionality is kinda limited. I'll try to p ush another update this weekend.

Aha that explains why!

R3vo  how are they reacting to fire? can u make them un-garrison if they notice enemy or hear shots etc... Because it is little bit immersion breaking when you breach the building and they are looking trough the window XD

The garrison function is only supposed to give mission editors a tool to quickly ...well garrison buildings. It has nothing to do with AI behaviour and I am not going to change that. Thanks for you understanding.

• Like 2

You've covered so many of the minor and major tasks I'd need, I don't really have any suggestions for now. I'd love to see some kind of unit caching option and unit spawning option, but users will be so wildly particular about how they like it to be done, I don't see how you could really implement that without incurring the wrath of several mobs with pitchforks and torches.

The closest I can think of is "caching" by disabling AI unit simulation and AI features when X distance away from all players, with an attribute setting so the user can mass-include/exclude AI units from this function (in case of certain AI units needing to continue long distance actions/travel).

Maybe not possible with this mod but that would be a very cool addition, the ability to lay down units with waypoints etc and only have them activate in game from a specified distance from player similar to the EOS system.

Is there anything wrong with the simulation manager module? It  has always been working fine for me. Not need to cache AI, which can also be quite performance hungry. I will however, look into a headless client attribute in the future.

• Like 1

Changelog version 1.2.1

- completly overhauled the garrison function 

How to:

• Select the units/objects you want to place in houses and place them near the buildings   
  • Open the Context menu (right click on one of the selected units) -> select Edit -> Garrison Buildings 
  • Objects/Units will now be automatically be placed inside buildings, you'll recieve a msg in case some units/objects could no be placed 
  • The size and coverage of the area can be changed in the preferences menu of Eden

Known Issues:

- It' possible that a script error pops up when using the garrison function for the first time. If that happens, open the editor preferences and press ok to save the new values properly. That solved it for me.

• Like 3

Is there anything wrong with the simulation manager module? It  has always been working fine for me. Not need to cache AI, which can also be quite performance hungry. I will however, look into a headless client attribute in the future.

What plans might you have in store for HC?  It would be brilliant if there was a nice manner in which we could determine straight off the bat if a unit is spawned on the HC or not.

Anyway, love your work and I recommend this to anyone who is even remotely interested in mission editing.

setUnitTrait attribute confirmed

kiqPz25.png

• Like 2

setUnitTrait attribute confirmed

I'm at school and not able to double check that this doesn't already exists somewhere (so forgive me if it does), but could you add the uavHacker property to that list of unit traits above?

I'm at school and not able to double check that this doesn't already exists somewhere (so forgive me if it does), but could you add the uavHacker property to that list of unit traits above?

Good call! I only added the traits which are listed on the wiki page for now.

CzisRsi.png

• Like 3

Your turnaround time is impeccable!!

Well, that one was easy, mostly copy & paste.

Hi Revo, I've noticed when using ambient animations such as sitting and you elevate the unit to sit on an object, using 'Disable Simulation' tickbox doesn't seem to freeze them in position like the init disabling. They instead fall to the floor.

Hi Revo, I've noticed when using ambient animations such as sitting and you elevate the unit to sit on an object, using 'Disable Simulation' tickbox doesn't seem to freeze them in position like the init disabling. They instead fall to the floor.

Try to place a camping chair next to the unit and activate the animation afterwards, see if that helps.

• Like 1

R3vo, just wanted to let you know I loaded a few missions I haven't touched in a week or two and my ambient animations all reset. Probably something changed due to the BIS update or an update of yours that I'm sure you're aware of by now but figured I'd share that.

Also wanted to say I absolutely adore this mod. It makes mission making a lot more fun and I enjoy reading what you posts around the forums. You're a knowledgable person! Thanks for everything. :)

R3vo, just wanted to let you know I loaded a few missions I haven't touched in a week or two and my ambient animations all reset. Probably something changed due to the BIS update or an update of yours that I'm sure you're aware of by now but figured I'd share that.

Also wanted to say I absolutely adore this mod. It makes mission making a lot more fun and I enjoy reading what you posts around the forums. You're a knowledgable person! Thanks for everything. :)

Thanks for your feedback. I expected something like that because I changed all the variable and property names to prevent them to be overwritten by future Eden mods.

• Like 1

You need to use the Cyan Pointer object which is easily located if you type "Cyan" into the objects search box.  Units using the ambient animations will snap to the nearest point and follow its orientation.  Just remember to hide the pointer!

Revo...making EDen great again. Really love the fact you fast to implement things. Did I just see now a built in UAV feed system? :wub: :rolleyes: ^_^

Speaking of UAV feed.  Is it possible to have a Sleep command option added to the Intro Text section that has been added?

This way scenario designers can have both the UAV feed-in plus the intro text without them overlaying each other.

Speaking of UAV feed.  Is it possible to have a Sleep command option added to the Intro Text section that has been added?

This way scenario designers can have both the UAV feed-in plus the intro text without them overlaying each other.

I'll see what I can do.

Added a delay attribute, default is 5 seconds.

• Like 1

Update 1.3

Changelog:

v1.3
*added*
- one can now define a delay for the intro text attribute
- attribute for unit traits

- added hostage attribute:
    A unit can now be taken hostage. Every player including JIP will have an action to free the Hostage.
    Mission designers can check whether the unit is hostage or not by retrieving the following variable:
    _unit getVariable "Enh_isHostage"; (true,is hostage/false,isn't hostage)
*changed*
- UAV intro center position attribute tooltip was using a wrong string
- removed the tooltip from Advanced Damage Attributes
- UAV intro loiter direction is now using a better control

*translation*
- added German translation for "Hide Map Objects" context menu entry
- added German translation for unit traits attribute
- added German translation for intro text delay
- updated French translation (thanks to solentis)

• Like 3