I'm assuming this must be the nature of the mod and definitely intentional so I'll just put this out there for mission makers. Don't be stupid like me.

If you open your mission in the editor without 3den Enhanced in your mod line, every ambient animation will reset itself.

I should have figured as much and will not be making that mistake again. Figured I'd share my cautionary tale to make sure no one else makes the same mistake I did.

I'm assuming this must be the nature of the mod and definitely intentional so I'll just put this out there for mission makers. Don't be stupid like me.

If you open your mission in the editor without 3den Enhanced in your mod line, every ambient animation will reset itself.

I should have figured as much and will not be making that mistake again. Figured I'd share my cautionary tale to make sure no one else makes the same mistake I did.

Yes, that's unfortunately how it works. Once a mission created with 3den Enhanced is saved without the mod. All not available code will be deleted from the mission.sqm

Yes, that's unfortunately how it works. Once a mission created with 3den Enhanced is saved without the mod. All not available code will be deleted from the mission.sqm

Yeah that makes sense.

But clients that are just playing the PBO don't need to have this in their mod line, correct? This only happens when opening the mission in the editor I assume?

I have some missions over in the Missions area and was wondering if it's safe to NOT have this listed as a requirement. I assume so but figured it was worth asking. Currently I'm not listing this as a necessary addon.

I want everyone that downloads them to have the animations. They don't need this, right?

Only the mission creator needs it when he/she builds the mission. The players won't need it. All the code is saved within the mission.sqf and downloaded by the players when they join the server.

• Like 1

So if someone downloads my mission and hosts it for their friends, and none of them ever download your mod, they'd still see the animations because I made the mission that way, right?

Pretty sure that's what you're saying. I just like to be 100% on stuff because I like to worry about stupid things too often. :)

Exactly, because the code is saved in the sqm file:

class Attribute0
                        {
                            property="Enh_animActivate";
                            expression= if(_value) then {[_this] spawn {waitUntil {time > 0.05};[_this select 0,(_this select 0) getVariable 'Enh_animType',(_this select 0) getVariable 'Enh_animEquipment'] remoteExec ['BIS_fnc_ambientAnim',0,true];                    };                }                else                {                    _this call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim__terminate;                };            ";
                            class Value
                            {
                                class data
                                {
                                    class type
                                    {
                                        type[]=
                                        {
                                            "BOOL"
                                        };
                                    };
                                    value=1;
                                };
                            };
                        };
  • Like 1

Without speaking about the fact, you can have the same kind of reset in bare 3DEN, for Arsenal. I don't know why.

• Like 1

Here's another preview of one of the new attributes coming with v1.5. Now is the right time to leave some feedback ;) (You can toggle fullscreen by clicking on the small gear in the upper right corner)

http://imgur.com/a/IVXdn

• Like 8

Here's another preview of one of the new attributes coming with v1.5. Now is the right time to leave some feedback ;) (You can toggle fullscreen by clicking on the small gear in the upper right corner)

YOU'RE DA MAN!!!!!!

Very useful.

About a BRIEFING tab? :D Would that be difficult to implement? 

Thank again for the great mod.

Revo you really a Godsend regards Arma 3 mission making. Building a Mission without your "mod" is tiresome. It really speeds up Scenario development. If it was in my power I would offer you a position at BIS.

• Like 1

Anyway to add the bis_fnc_ambientHelicopter.fsm or ""plane.fsm?

Been trying to find a good ambient aircraft script for planes. The helicopters is not so hard to make work.

Thanks for considering.

• Like 1

Revo you really a Godsend regards Arma 3 mission making. Building a Mission without your "mod" is tiresome. It really speeds up Scenario development. If it was in my power I would offer you a position at BIS.

^^^THIS!!!+1

Haven't found a proper solution yet, since the number of briefings can vary from 1 to 500 with each mission.

If it was in my power I would offer you a position at BIS.

Don't think they'd  pay enough :P

• Like 1

As complement of the tremendous R3vo tool, you can find some other mods for what you want. Try Adam.  I didn't use it for a while (before 3den) but there are some useful tools in it.

Will the ambient flyby be based on player position and can you set and offset ?

Thanks

Will the ambient flyby be based on player position and can you set and offset ?

Thanks

Right now you insert the start position and end position and those are static, means the flyby will always happen from pos1 to pos2. Perhaps I can change that in the future and add a random offset.

Here's another preview of a new attribute coming for v1.5. One thing that has always bugged me, is the fact the BIS didn't properly implement BIS_fnc_endMission/Server so scenarios are properly ended and marked as played. The following attribute will hopefully minimize the amount of missions where that happens.

How does it work:

The code entered in the two script fields is saved as string, compiled afterwards and then called every 1 seconds to check whether it returns true or false. The attribute then decides which ending should be called. The 1 second interval is subject to change since the ending of mission is not time critical.

The entries in the combo box are dynamically entered. Means the control will also read custom endings defined in the description.ext (missionConfigFile).

I admit, the format of how they are added is not ideal, however, BIS screwed up the CfgDebriefing by adding endings without any values defined and things like that. Therefore I cannot use for example the title entry for the entry name in the combobox. (Bad BIS!)

As always, now is the best time for feedback. (Maximise the screenshot by clicking on the gear icon in the top right)

http://imgur.com/a/7hi2i

As complement of the tremendous R3vo tool, you can find some other mods for what you want. Try Adam.  I didn't use it for a while (before 3den) but there are some useful tools in it.

Thanks bud...I know Adam very well...nice clever framrwork..too bad is more toward MP..and sometime it adds un-needed stuff for SP use..BTW..I'm still using it anyway...

Any chance on getting a respawn on start(respawnOnStart=1\0) variable?

Right now you insert the start position and end position and those are static, means the flyby will always happen from pos1 to pos2. Perhaps I can change that in the future and add a random offset.

R3vo, it's already fine like this! Random is usually not a good idea in many scenarios.

I had the same kind of problem with my tactical pack for inserting an H.AL.O. jump. As you can't cover all the cases in all scenarios, the way to help the writer is to make something handy.

So, in my HALO case, I just ask the writer (or admin) to place an object called MGI_halo on the map. The addaction is then added to the object.

It's always easier to place an object or a marker on map, than coordinates in 3den.

For a flyby, you could just check if two markers are present "flyblystart" and "flybyend" for example. If yes, use them, if no, your default solution.

Any chance on getting a respawn on start(respawnOnStart=1\0) variable?

Is there any added value to the current setting in description.ext?

Is it just me or does this mod add uniform insignia to every unit I edit and there is no way to remove it, because you can't select to have no insignia.

It seems like everyone has served in the 111th nowadays. :P

R3vo, regarding the mission complete screen.

I was literally just PM'ing a user here about how to properly create a mission compete trigger when all task triggers have been activated. He taught me how to code this in the description.ext in tandem with a new trigger in the editor which activates after all triggers have been set off, and calls the ending from the mission file (description.ext).

Is your addition intended for us to be able to call an ending in the editor only? I realize not all endings would work without description.ext but will this update give us some editor only options (such as "end1").

Could you elaborate a bit on how to eventually use this feature and whether it's intended to do what I just described? Your post on this is a little too advanced for my simple brain to understand. :(

I don't really agree with this. I'd rather it get the player or "specific players, players, group, etc" position. this way the flyby can occur above or with a set offset. This way the flyby is dynamic, giving the mission maker the ability to focus on the player movement and not a certain area of operation. Also, allowing more than one aircraft would be awesome.

Thanks, just my 2 cents. No offense intended.

Reed

R3vo, it's already fine like this! Random is usually not a good idea in many scenarios.

I had the same kind of problem with my tactical pack for inserting an H.AL.O. jump. As you can't cover all the cases in all scenarios, the way to help the writer is to make something handy.

So, in my HALO case, I just ask the writer (or admin) to place an object called MGI_halo on the map. The addaction is then added to the object.

It's always easier to place an object or a marker on map, than coordinates in 3den.

For a flyby, you could just check if two markers are present "flyblystart" and "flybyend" for example. If yes, use them, if no, your default solution.

• Like 1

Is your addition intended for us to be able to call an ending in the editor only? I realize not all endings would work without description.ext but will this update give us some editor only options (such as "end1").

The attribute can be used to either end a sp mission or a multiplayer mission. You can either use a default ending defined by BIS or you can define your own debriefing in the description.ext. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#CfgDebriefing

Is it just me or does this mod add uniform insignia to every unit I edit and there is no way to remove it, because you can't select to have no insignia.

Thanks for you feedback. It's a known issue and will be fixed with the next update. I am unfortunately working late shift this week and I am not sure if I'll be able to release an update before friday/saturday.