Jump to content
ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Recommended Posts

Forget about it! Found it in the GitHub...

 

Yo! Great mod, obviously. Can you help me locate this: "If you make any changes to unit loadouts, the faction must be packed into a pbo and run as an addon. An addon autogen tool is included in the ALiVE folder. Simply unzip the @testmod.rar and paste the Orbat Tool code into autogen.hpp. All clients in multiplayer will need the addon.pbo but future missions with this custom faction do not require @ALiVE to be running." --Snippet from your Wiki at ORBAT tool - ALiVE Wiki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

 

 

Place another CQB module. Leave this unsynced. Set it to “dominant,” and under force faction, put in your non-Asymmetric factions BLU_F,OPF_F.

 

 

In the Alive diagram it says to sync it to mil obj, civ obj and custom obj. Is this diagram out of date or is your way better and winging it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, piggypotpie said:

 

In the Alive diagram it says to sync it to mil obj, civ obj and custom obj. Is this diagram out of date or is your way better and winging it?

Syncing to mil obj or civ obj is optional, and can be used for any Commander type. All it does is limit CQB spawns to the parameters of the obj module it is synced to.

 

I personally never use this method (syncing to obj) but it’s a valid (but not mandatory) use.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a litte error here... about 1000000 of them in my rpt file, i belive it my own fault but cant figure it out

 

 

ALiVE OPCOM Waiting for Virtual AI System...

 

 

I think i got the propper moduls

20190503100804-1.jpg

Edited by loopdk
addet picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@loopdk Pretty sure this is fixed. Can you run this version of ALiVE and see if it goes away?

 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924416304

 

If not we’ll need the rpt file.

 

Still same problem.

 

Rpt file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0uqoepe2howj6z/arma3_x64_2019-05-03_18-34-15.rpt?dl=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, loopdk said:

Ah ok. I guess my index isn’t working anymore than. Unfortunately the nature of how indexing works means if any buildings are added to a map, the index becomes obsolete and needs to be redone. As you can imagine this sucks for players and lousy indexers like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Ah ok. I guess my index isn’t working anymore than. Unfortunately the nature of how indexing works means if any buildings are added to a map, the index becomes obsolete and needs to be redone. As you can imagine this sucks for players and lousy indexers like me.

I Will Tell The autor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Ah ok. I guess my index isn’t working anymore than. Unfortunately the nature of how indexing works means if any buildings are added to a map, the index becomes obsolete and needs to be redone. As you can imagine this sucks for players and lousy indexers like me.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1446500688&tscn=1556984776

 

What can i do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, loopdk said:

Not sure what Icebreakr means we haven’t indexed any of his maps yet. He’s unblocked PBO’s specifically for us in the past and I have indexed quite a few of his myself.

 

What can you do? Our indexing tools are public so you could index it if you want to (easier said than done I know). The alternative would be for someone else to index it (which usually ends up being me lol).

 

EDIT: Ah wait the map has two maps? 😞 Maybe that’s what he meant. 

 

Which one do you want indexed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone having issues with  the garabge cleanup not working on a dedicated server with a headless client?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Not sure what Icebreakr means we haven’t indexed any of his maps yet. He’s unblocked PBO’s specifically for us in the past and I have indexed quite a few of his myself.

 

What can you do? Our indexing tools are public so you could index it if you want to (easier said than done I know). The alternative would be for someone else to index it (which usually ends up being me lol).

 

EDIT: Ah wait the map has two maps? 😞 Maybe that’s what he meant. 

 

Which one do you want indexed?

Chongo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TPM_Aus said:

Anyone having issues with  the garabge cleanup not working on a dedicated server with a headless client?

@autigergrad ?

 

8 hours ago, loopdk said:

Chongo

If I have time I’ll see what I can do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, it is possible to disable completly the heli reinforcement ? i set it to no in the mil logistic for each faction, but it not work the map is just spammed by heli everywhere, and its break completly the session cause i reach the AI group limit and the enemy faction didn't spawn + that cause serious performance issue.

Its a vanilla set up on Altis NATO (Invade) vs AAF (occupation).

 

Here a screenshot with marta module you can see that stupid heli spam that make the mod unplayable : (there is more than 15 heli group at the selakano airfield)

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996358033/screenshot/787478494828680663

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ALIVE team,

 

I just booted up ALIVE after about 4years since using it last time,and im loving the new features and tasking.

 

I am planning to use ALIVE for some modest mission making lets say...simple multiple fronts(via custom OBJ area logics) and a couple of MIL and CIV OBJs.Really looking forward to simply transporting AI via tasking over an ALIVE battlefield.

 

I had a question or two,i have read up and googled as much as i could tonight on four years worth of posts on ALIVE until i needed to put matchsticks under my eyes,so decided to directly ask ...

 

I seem to remember ALIVE being able to profile and order pre placed editor units,but when i attempt it(vanilla infantry in vanilla vehicles,i.e im using AAF but i want their tankists to operate CSAT tanks) ,OPCOM doesnt give them orders,or seem to have them included on the list of groups...though they are profiled.

 

Is there something particular i must do to get them to utilize pre placed units?

 

Also how do i make OPCOM use air assets such as jets and helo's. I have AAF OPCOM holding Molos Airfield,and set it to spawn air assets but i never see them .

 

Thanks for any help with these issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@redarmy Depends on the setting you use in the Virtual AI module. I use the one where only groups synced to the Virtual AI module get virtualized. So...place a group. Sync the group leader (and only the group leader) to the Virtual AI module.

 

For Aircraft, if you sync the manned aircraft to the Virtual AI module they should get occasional orders and be profiled. Alternatively you can mess around with our Air Commander module: 

 

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Air_Component_Commander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@redarmy Depends on the setting you use in the Virtual AI module. I use the one where only groups synced to the Virtual AI module get virtualized. So...place a group. Sync the group leader (and only the group leader) to the Virtual AI module.

 

For Aircraft, if you sync the manned aircraft to the Virtual AI module they should get occasional orders and be profiled. Alternatively you can mess around with our Air Commander module: 

 

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Air_Component_Commander

I just went and did exactly as you said...

 

still having same issue.

 

For example when i select the "operations" menu>independent commander...it shows a list of all groups in its command. Well the tanks i pre placed (who DO get profiled) will not ever receive orders,and are not listed.

 

attempted with some helos too,same issue,infantry also,and group leader is synced to the profiler module,and it is set correctly as you described it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And also all the blufor group insert by helo are not virtualised, so after 30 min the map is filled by unvirtulised group here a screenshot.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1733302708

 

The virtuliased distance is set to 1500, im out of the map and you can see the 35 blufor group everywhere.

There something wrong with the heli logistic its completly broken, i tryed an older version of Alive didn't have this issue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redarmy said:

I just went and did exactly as you said...

 

still having same issue.

 

For example when i select the "operations" menu>independent commander...it shows a list of all groups in its command. Well the tanks i pre placed (who DO get profiled) will not ever receive orders,and are not listed.

 

attempted with some helos too,same issue,infantry also,and group leader is synced to the profiler module,and it is set correctly as you described it.

Oops sorry! Forgot when we implemented the aircraft commander, for them to be profiled, you need to use the Air Commander module. My bad. Unless someone fixed this (which I doubt). For aircraft you need to use air commander.

 

Regarding your tanks issue I don’t know. So they get profiled but don’t show up in the virtual group list in the operations menu? Are infantry groups being added if you manually virtualize them? Are your tanks manned with a driver or whatever BI calls the lead seat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damsous said:

And also all the blufor group insert by helo are not virtualised, so after 30 min the map is filled by unvirtulised group here a screenshot.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1733302708

 

The virtuliased distance is set to 1500, im out of the map and you can see the 35 blufor group everywhere.

There something wrong with the heli logistic its completly broken, i tryed an older version of Alive didn't have this issue.  

Hey man, I really want to see ALiVE’s debug here. In the Virtual AI module you can turn this on (alternatively you can turn this on in game in the ALiVE menu).

 

Please if you can repro this, post a vanilla mission where this happens. ALiVE CBA only. No AI mods such as VCOM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hey man, I really want to see ALiVE’s debug here. In the Virtual AI module you can turn this on (alternatively you can turn this on in game in the ALiVE menu).

 

Please if you can repro this, post a vanilla mission where this happens. ALiVE CBA only. No AI mods such as VCOM.

Yeah i will try this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hey man, I really want to see ALiVE’s debug here. In the Virtual AI module you can turn this on (alternatively you can turn this on in game in the ALiVE menu).

 

Please if you can repro this, post a vanilla mission where this happens. ALiVE CBA only. No AI mods such as VCOM.

Its an old vanilla mission i just load and save with the new version, its possible the module need to be deleted and added fresh one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×