Too bad they're not doing the Naval Warfare pack anymore. This would be perfect 

Short movie recorded tonight on Altis island, with two USMC CH-46E Seaknights landing nearby, at a factory. 

• Like 10

That was so sexy!

That wasn't AI flying?

Short movie recorded tonight on Altis island, with two USMC CH-46E Seaknights landing nearby, at a factory. 

love the formation flight 

I just uploaded short footage from dynamic lighting tests. Tests were conducted at various night/day times. General video settings: high except shadowing: very high; dynamic lighting: ultra. Res: 1280x720.

• Like 5

I just uploaded short footage from dynamic lighting tests. Tests were conducted at various night/day times. General video settings: high except shadowing: very high; dynamic lighting: ultra. Res: 1280x720.

THat light! Just like in the first A3 footage by BIS! But even better.

Here's hoping that mods like CUP and UNSUNG can adopt this kind of light setup!

Here's hoping that mods like CUP and UNSUNG can adopt this kind of light setup!

Still some fallouts are here, in my setup. Having more resources, knowledge and experience, I bet they can do it better. Sometimes, it's just a matter of what you are focused on more and lighting is quite important to me. Also it's worth noticing, I just work on one addon only, they work on hudrends and would have to adjust all of them. 

Still some fallouts are here, in my setup. Having more resources, knowledge and experience, I bet they can do it better. Sometimes, it's just a matter of what you are focused on more and lighting is quite important to me. Also it's worth noticing, I just work on one addon only, they work on hudrends and would have to adjust all of them. 

Well, your light is a "system" of sorts.

One can then apply that system and tweak according to the vehicle?

So, in a way, you're doing the "digging" and then later just apply the same concept/system to other vehicles.

Found another cool video I thought I'd share 

The channel seems to be ran by a former 46 crew chief of HMM-764. He has some pretty cool Phrog videos, to get you all pumped. 
  • Like 2

This is looking absolutely amazing!

How many people are they going to be able to fit?

It looks almost finished, what % would you guys say your at with it? (Not looking for dates or timelines or anything, just curious)

Also could I ask roughly what filesize this will be looking at when it comes out? (Obviously not exact, but a ballpark)

• Like 1

I saw the note it it being floatable, and that sold me right away. Because to me that is a must have feature for the Chinook and similar helis, is that ability to lower onto the water and pick up or deploy people and/or small boat.

One thing that just came to mind.  Are you going to add the chaff and flare dispensers mounted behind the nose landing gear that was apparently fitted to the aircraft before retirement?

How many people are they going to be able to fit?

It looks almost finished, what % would you guys say your at with it? (Not looking for dates or timelines or anything, just curious)

Also could I ask roughly what filesize this will be looking at when it comes out? (Obviously not exact, but a ballpark)

It's going to transport as many soldiers as in RL. No idea on percentage as there is still a lot to do. One thing can take an hour where another one - month. The file size still may change, as it depends on different factors and a content. Its filesize is app 300 MB of unbinarized addon currently.

I saw the note it it being floatable, and that sold me right away. Because to me that is a must have feature for the Chinook and similar helis, is that ability to lower onto the water and pick up or deploy people and/or small boat.

It is not floatable like for instance Zodiac. You cannot land on water literally, switch engines off, grab oars and sail to the nearest port when you run out of fuel. It would be possible to some extent with canadian Labrador, but not with CH46E. Landing on water used to be commonly practicing by Phrog crews but it was for emergency landing training rather than any SOF applications, I believe. It was the main utility helicopter of USMC/USN who operates at seas, after all.

One thing that just came to mind.  Are you going to add the chaff and flare dispensers mounted behind the nose landing gear that was apparently fitted to the aircraft before retirement?

It's unlikely as CH46 got another 2 just behind nose landing gear late in 2000s, just before it was phased out in favour of MV22. I planned it but also have many ideas and request regarding the addon and then polycount factor plays more nad more important role here.

You can read more about CH46 performance and variants at those websites in articles (don't miss comments below an article, some are very interesting):

http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/bvertol_ch-46.php

http://www.pacificaviationmuseum.org/pearl-harbor-blog/boeing-vertol-ch-46-sea-knight

It is not floatable like for instance Zodiac. You cannot land on water literally, switch engines off, grab oars and sail to the nearest port when you run out of fuel. It would be possible to some extent with canadian Labrador, but not with CH46E. Landing on water used to be commonly practicing by Phrog crews but it was for emergency landing training rather than any SOF applications, I believe. It was the main utility helicopter of USMC/USN who operates at seas, after all.

Oh i didn't mean like a boat but just it being able to wet and not be eaten by the vortex of death as your engines die and the heli blows up. Also being able to crash land in water and again not be taken by the vortex of doom, hit water and be able to get out and not explode well trying.

A crash landing will be conducted the way that can be seen on the movie linked below. The helicopter sank beacuse its engines had been shutdowned. As long as enough power is applied to the rotor, the heli will be "floatable" being partially plunged in a water. Note that none of script were used to support this approach.

• Like 3

A crash landing will be conducted the way that can be seen on the movie linked below. The helicopter sank beacuse its engines had been shutdowned. As long as enough power is applied to the rotor, the heli will be "floatable" being partially plunged in a water. Note that none of script were used to support this approach.

That is how it should be, would be great if that same thing could be done to all the helis.