Yes, we can unfortunately. Actual renderings are based on 8K textures as it's much easier to add elements, layers and correct the textures at such resolution. In-game textures will be downgraded to 4K resolution due to the game engine limitations.
BTW, I am still waiting for HQ pictures being promised by ex Knight's crew chief so the interior example above is just for basic, first release.

Yes, we can unfortunately. Actual renderings are based on 8K textures as it's much easier to add elements, layers and correct the textures at such resolution. In-game textures will be downgraded to 4K resolution due to the game engine limitations.

Ok, thanks for confirmations.

4K is quite good anyway ^^

We are happy being inspirational for you opsixdelta! So, here you are, some more inspiration: 

Awesome thanks NightIntruder, sorry i didn't include you on the compliment in regards to textures, i am not sure of the CH46 team members. However yes... the texture work is really amazing. And downgrade aside, its more the texture clutter that just makes the fuselage feel dense and accurate. Great work. Yeah it has definitely inspired me to take a new look at my mods textures interior wise and add more detail. Thanks again for the additional pictures !

4K is quite good anyway ^^

Overall, there are 5 main textures, including one of transparent parts. Should be enough to get decent result with downgraded textures, I hope.

Awesome thanks NightIntruder, sorry i didn't include you on the compliment in regards to textures, i am not sure of the CH46 team members. However yes... the texture work is really amazing. And downgrade aside, its more the texture clutter that just makes the fuselage feel dense and accurate. Great work. Yeah it has definitely inspired me to take a new look at my mods textures interior wise and add more detail. Thanks again for the additional pictures !

No problem mate! And thanks for the kind words :)

BTW, have you already done any other mod?

And when you're finished with this CH-46, any other future plan?

Thanks

P-S: will it be available on the workshop?

the texture work on the interiors is amazing flanders. REALLY nice work. Its inspired me to retexture my S97 Raider interior. Very nice work !

Just to make it clear, none of this texture work is mine. Its all NightIntruders. :) Hes very talented 

• Like 2

BTW, have you already done any other mod?

Yes, I have done several of them to include Mi-6A, Mig-21MF or C-1A, if one wants counting only those released as standalone. I have been working on more than two dozens of mods for last two years, all of them however were for A2. Few were released or handed over to third parties. You can find how some of them looks on my YT channel, here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Koterbski/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

Please note, all of them were conversions of models from different games, with permissions given by original authors. I just enriched some textures and mesh (usually cockpit) like in A-3B or HMS Victorious. OMG, I just remembered that I'd already done whole textures for an addon, it was for WWII aircraft carrier USS Essex! Well, you can call me a liar then as I was claiming here that it's very first time I do texturing for whole model  :huh:  

And when you're finished with this CH-46, any other future plan?

I have bunch of unfinished projects or those ones I would like to port into A3. Hard to say at the moment which one will be most urgent/important. But it's still a future, I don't expect current project being completely finished with its all versions/releases earlier than in autumn.

P-S: will it be available on the workshop?

None of my projects will be available on Steam due to IPR concerns, sorry. 

Some screenies of the bird textured up. NightIntruder has spent a ton of time doing this and has done such an amazing and quality job.

9BKzAo6_P9TbySuhsevBkxhu6hmGaHB9e4qE1Yhy

h0NAejVDu_GkotYndA7lRQ_QHO2gqh0YBSVFOYFH

Uvy299GYlf0zo4KYnhLinSyam8SFYU47fQfuEEaL

• Like 10

Wow.  Just...wow.

As a Marine, I'd be happy to beta-test this bad boy if you're looking for a few people.  This bird just looks incredible.

When I did the Underwater Helo Egress Trainer aka "Helo Dunker" in Camp Lejeune, we had to simulate ditching a CH-46 underwater after it rolled.  The one they had setup for us was exiting the left aerial gunner's window with the .50 caliber attached.  You had to shimmy over to the weapon while wearing black spray painted goggles, grab the machine gun and basically pull yourself out of the aircraft using it.  That was WILD.

• Like 4

I bet it was! LOL

Thank you Wilco but we aren't looking for testers yet (and doubt we will). We'll be happy bringing you good (wild!) memories back with the addon tho ;) 

I bet it was! LOL

Thank you Wilco but we aren't looking for testers yet (and doubt we will). We'll be happy bringing you good (wild!) memories back with the addon tho ;)

No worries brother!  Just don't set up a test mission with the 46 rolling in water and we will be alright.  Looking forward to this aircraft, been around it before they phased it out and it's a solid piece of old school talent and work.  Can't wait to see it ingame!

Just don't set up a test mission with the 46 rolling in water and we will be alright.

Do you mean something like this one?  :D

• Like 6

Just to keep you all up to date - the dev works are going well. I am on phase of putting all pieces together in Object Builder. At the moment the addon has only three LODs: Res0, Shadow and Memory. I work on config to animate its parts, at this time.

EKV6oBI.png

EDIT: Below you have a blades bend animation. Nothing really sophisticated, already done by many. The one thing worth of noticing are shadows and the fact that the animation is going to be mixed/supplemented by blades folding one as well as rotors damage.

https://youtu.be/L0dvpOhiWzE

• Like 9

This mod is coming along very nicely. Surprised how far you guys have gotten in this short amount of time!

• Like 1

This mod is coming along very nicely. Surprised how far you guys have gotten in this short amount of time!

I only supplied the base/starting model, NightIntruder has basically done everything else (all the hard work) so, NightIntruder has done all of this in a short time, by himself. Thanks for the kind words :)

• Like 4

Are you guys interested in setting up some sort of function to load CRRC boats into the helicopter

If so, I'd be glad to assist in scripting/config.

• Like 1

Are you guys interested in setting up some sort of function to load CRRC boats into the helicopter

At the moment - we aren't because it's seems to be unrealistic. Despite the fact that design intent of the addon allows for such feature (foldable seats, shortly floatable aircarft) I have seen such EXFIL in RL only in relation to Chinook. The only water INFIL/EXFIL would be both possible and realistic with using of CH113 Labrador, as you can see on the footage below. Anyway, thanks a lot for your willingness to help and the idea  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-zKgb60_yE

Usually in Arma, when a helicopter lands it's engine dies. Would be nice to finally land in the water safe. 

Yeea, I know what you mean, delta. In case of engines failure CH46E landed on water won't crash unless it's forward and vertical speeds are above certain values. Also it will retain flotation for short amount of time needed for crew escaping. It's doable and we will work to bring the feature to players. Below is a link where you can check how fast the helicopter sink in case of both engines failure:

https://youtu.be/ixCEGxNgXKs?t=1m10s

EDIT: Today I finished FireGeo and HitPoints LODs. They're gonna be pretty complex in terms of aircraft's damage system as custom one is planned. Obviously shape, location and size of subsystems are close to their RL counterparts, couldn't avoid some simplifications tho.

7KDHZ7R.png

fM77AVl.png

• Like 7

Alright man, sounds great. Can't wait for this and the Black Hawk mod.

Will there be fast rope

Fast roping is planned in conjunction with ACE mod ver >3.5.0 only, at this moment. We'll try to have it working like in RL - through floor hatch:

1-marines-fast-rope-from-a-ch-46-sea-sto

• Like 5