Type: Troop-carrying military helicopter

Powerplant: Two 1,870hp General electric t58-GE16 turboshaft engines

Max speed: 159MPH

Cruise speed: 140MPH

Range: 618 Mi.

Ceiling: 16,990 ft.

Weights: empty 11,220lb; max takeoff 21355lb.

accommodation: two pilots; up to 25 troops or up to 3,113lb. of cargo internally; plusup to 2,200 in external sling.

Dimensions: rotor diameter 50ft

Length, rotors turning 83ft

height 17ft

rotor disc area 1963 sq. ft

• Like 1

My apologies if this had been asked, but have you considered donating this to RHS? It would fit their scope and perhaps they could offer some help? Perhaps not...just asking. :)

7 minutes ago, fanatic72 said:

My apologies if this had been asked, but have you considered donating this to RHS? It would fit their scope and perhaps they could offer some help? Perhaps not...just asking. :)

I'm not sure exactly which year(s) RHS aims to portray, but the Sea Knight was retired from the USMC in 2015, so it wouldn't really make sense if they are focusing on current day assets.

3 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

Short answer is no.At least since I've asked last time.

It's a really shame such mods stays as stand-alone,but it's author choise as well.

I can appreciate it maybe a nice idea to have it in a mod, but you are forgetting addon makers spend potentially hundreds of hours creating content for their own pleasure, consider it a bonus we actual release them to the community. At the end of the day its the authors choice, also by it been standalone means it can work other mods such as CUP etc.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I can appreciate it maybe a nice idea to have it in a mod, but you are forgetting addon makers spend potentially hundreds of hours creating content for their own pleasure, consider it a bonus we actual release them to the community. At the end of the day its the authors choice, also by it been standalone means it can work other mods such as CUP etc.

Actually lack of English knowledge forced me to edit post,writed slightly wrong thing... but seems too late.

OK then - Author able to do his own mod anything,release,not release,delete etc etc... it's his own choise.

The cons of Stand-Alone addons - they're unpopular.It's ok for event modsets,but absolutely ruin any public usage of them.As well it almost alwaysmay cause compilation problems with other mods.In case of vehicles - their immortality or extremely weakness.In case of weapon - the main problem is the same weapon uses diffirent mags.

Huge conversion mods lacks of this problems.

As I said - the last word for author,but players gets more,when it's part of something bigger.

3 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

The cons of Stand-Alone addons - they're unpopular

All you need to do is take a look at the armaholic download sections and see just how popular these standalone addons are, then have a look at the similar ones on the steam workshop.

Who are they unpopular with?

Take away RHS from the equation and you'll find that single addons are in fact very very popular indeed.

I'd say to a degree, the opposite, addons that rely on huge addons, which are in the 1- 4GB in size are less popular, due to the end users bandwidth issues, and download speeds.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, road runner said:

All you need to do is take a look at the armaholic download sections and see just how popular these standalone addons are, then have a look at the similar ones on the steam workshop.

Who are they unpopular with?

Take away RHS from the equation and you'll find that single addons are in fact very very popular indeed.

I'd say to a degree, the opposite, addons that rely on huge addons, which are in the 1- 4GB in size are less popular, due to the end users bandwidth issues, and download speeds.

Well,rate popularity by download rate doesn't mean it's let's say... popular.

As example of me,cuz I've curious,i've download it.So I increace download count by them.

Enabled it,watch from every side flied etc etc.

What then... I wanna play MP with it.But there is nothing I can find.

As for weight,yes it's smaller thats true.But my ArmA3 folder are filled with 100GB of mods.80% never been used in MP.And hey,did you still use dial-up connection?I've send and receive today my 12 years old month limit for a single day,sometimes even more.

There is many pros and cons of every type of mod,but still - player gets more when it's part of something big.Thats why we have questions like:

1 hour ago, fanatic72 said:

cheers.

• Like 1

I understand the choice to keep the addon standalone. I was actually hinting more at the approach of MELB for instance. They keep their mod standalone and as a part of RHS as well.

My idea was that maybe if RHS were interested in including this helicopter, they would be willing to help with some of the problems the author might be having due to his lack of knowledge as he said.

Just wanted to clear out what I meant exactly. Im pretty sure that this has crossed the authors mind already anyway. :) peace

• Like 1

It would be great to see this heli integrated in RHS mod but as it was said before this machine was decomissioned from any of modern military forces of U.S. so this will ruin the reality  (On the other hand we have RHS using ka-60 and su-50 who are still not in service...) But i'm pretty sure that if this mod will be standalone most of people will add a red hammer's crew anyway...

well, you can indeed just get the standalone and add any crew you like. But a MELB style approach with a stable version being shared w. other mods is cool non the less.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rayko said:

It would be great to see this heli integrated in RHS mod but as it was said before this machine was decomissioned from any of modern military forces of U.S. so this will ruin the reality  (On the other hand we have RHS using ka-60 and su-50 who are still not in service...) But i'm pretty sure that if this mod will be standalone most of people will add a red hammer's crew anyway...

Fate of Japanice(Aka KV-107) and Swedish(Aka HKP 4a/b/c/d) CH-46 is unknown.After USMC it's actually was the main operators of them.

And... to my honest opinion it's still fit RHS setting.Kinda they're used in A-stan,so it's was not too much time ago.

marine_ch-46_sea_knight__phrog___2164258

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pan Samogon said:

it's was not too much time ago.

Already two years! We can also resurrect a Sea King by this way!) But it all will be not realistic for most of the people. I think a guys from USMC will start a riot after this... So better standalone...

• Like 1

Just now, Rayko said:

Already two years! We can also resurrect a Sea King by this way!) But it all will be not realistic for most of the people. I think a guys from USMC will start a riot after this... So better standalone...

In my opinion I'd like to see this go the same way as the MELB bird did. But it is never our choice and we shall let the devs decide.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rayko said:

Even 10 years are not too much for military terms of the huge nation.2 years it's like yesterday.The really last conflict of the USA was the A-Stan,where they're been used.So,what the problem of making mission in 2007-2010,for example?

As for realism - you're free will to put this in mission or not.RHS also have prototype failed BMP-2 prototype,which isn't that realistic.You may just don't use it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

Even 10 years are not too much for military terms of the huge nation.2 years it's like yesterday.The really last conflict of the USA was the A-Stan,where they're been used.So,what the problem of making mission in 2007-2010,for example?

As for realism - you're free will to put this in mission or not.RHS also have prototype failed BMP-2 prototype,which isn't that realistic.You may just don't use it.

As for me - i will use that beauty in usmc anyway. Now the choice is for creator of the heli and A.Vorobyov... The RHS mod for now is the only one which represents modern military (please don't tell me about VTN) so i support the idea of adding all small addons to it...

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments, gents. Sharing the Seaknight's source files is "no-go" due to different reasons thus getting help from any mod's DevTeam that way would be difficult. Actively seeking other ways to fix bugs. Thank you for the support some of you have been providing for so long. Your interest also motivates me in fact, so thanks for that too! 

• Like 13

4491EBBF0A8F67300D0843F567AA3709CEEF47E4 It will be well worth the wait guys. Just hold tight! 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, alex150201 said:

Sorry this is off topic but did my post dissapear?

Yep, it did. Your "I'm sad when looking at this Aircraft Carrier Accidents" was probably deleted by a moderator... ;-)

NIghtintruder, this thing shaping up great :) Great work.

Just now, Gruman said:

Yep, it did. Your "I'm sad when looking at this Aircraft Carrier Accidents" was probably deleted by a moderator... ;-)

Why though lol

14 hours ago, alex150201 said:

Why though lol

probably because it was "off topic" :f:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, road runner said:

probably because it was "off topic" :f:

It was a video about a ch-46 knight crashing...

2 minutes ago, alex150201 said:

It was a video about a ch-46 knight crashing...

it wasn't just about the CH-46 crashing though was it? :f:

• Like 1