"Holy Shit" Indeed\

you outdone yourself man

No, I haven't. If I would, I wouldn't have a problem with VhC config. Yeaah, I know... unfortunately, the most captious persons regarding my own work is me and myself ;) 

No, I haven't. If I would, I wouldn't have a problem with VhC config. Yeaah, I know... unfortunately, the most captious persons regarding my own work is me and myself ;)

nah dont doubt yourself man you done a fine job ;) 

• Like 1

Its nice to see you chipping away at it.

Nice work!

• Like 1

I've just learnt that the helicopter's components that are a part of proxied visual LODs cannot be included in hiddenSelections. IT DOES NOT WORK. Oh gosh! Please, BIS fix it! I will have to make separate P3Ds for every different camo! So sorry gents, no vehicle customization in BIS way. Please, bear in mind that those camos are still WIP.

eHHxmL1.jpg

oSo94aU.jpg

• Like 11

And, as promised - HH-46E Pedro. Will have a searchlight under its nose later, hopefully. WIP textures.

JDnuuIT.jpg

• Like 11

I will probably be forced to release every single version and its camo separately and it sucks. 

As far as inheritance is concerned (with no VhC, just old way of doing things), only last child in a row inherits from parent base class its crew/cargo proxies. What's more funny, it doesn't inherit animations. Other children inherit animations, but no proxies. What's even more striking, the base class have no proxies working as well however the animations work !  Those children have the same settings, inherit from the same parent class (which is ch46e version, scope=2, no actual "hidden" base class), they have only different models (thus textures as well) and different AFM configs. 
I have no idea what's going on here. Could someone be so kind and explain me that phenomenon, please?

EDIT: OK, I fixed it. Probably, typo or syntax error within config.cpp. However, due to lack of support for hiddenSelections in proxied LOD, every version&camo has its own p3d which tripled the pbo's size. But it must be one thing or the other. 

• Like 1

That's too bad BIS hasn't figured to fix that. It'll still be great to see the other camo's come a long eventually no matter what. Great work

The textures are beautiful, love it NightIntruder. Fantastic work. 

• Like 2

I've just learnt that the helicopter's components that are a part of proxied visual LODs cannot be included in hiddenSelections. IT DOES NOT WORK. Oh gosh! Please, BIS fix it! I will have to make separate P3Ds for every different camo! So sorry gents, no vehicle customization in BIS way. Please, bear in mind that those camos are still WIP.

http://i.imgur.com/eHHxmL1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oSo94aU.jpg

Wow my father served 20 years in the corp and he was stationed in MCAS Lejune he was in VMM-261 for eight years and i remember he would bring me on the airstrip and show me this bird,This helicopter truly is a part of my life and heart i cant wait to see the finished product as it may bring tears to my eyes lol good luck guys cant wait to see it finished! Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per the forum rules!
  • Like 3

Thanks for the appreciation, gents! All versions and camos will be released, one way or the other, no doubt about it.
VMM-261, please pass greetings from Poland to your father. VMM-261 (formerly HMM261) is iconic UMSC squadron and it's been well serving your country for decades. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the appreciation, gents! All versions and camos will be released, one way or the other, no doubt about it.

VMM-261, please pass greetings from Poland to your father. VMM-261 (formerly HMM261) is iconic UMSC squadron and it's been well serving your country for decades. 

if you merged the currently proxied parts that you're trying to use hidden selections on to the main .p3d instead of using them as proxies (obviously still use proxies else where) it'll work, I'm not at my pc right now so I can't remember exactly how to merge it.

This is assuming you're not nearing the poly limit.

This is assuming you're not nearing the poly limit.

Thanks Rabbit. I know how to merge it since I knew how to divide it. I wouldn't go for proxies if I weren't above the limit. The main body has app. 12-13K verts and 18-19K polys and cannot be merged with other two parts. Whole model has something above 30K verts, I guess. 

Proxies are good in case of weapon like rockets, bombs. As a part of model it messes everything - VhC, hiddenSelections, shadowing. I will do it my way, although it would require either releasing every version separately or release it as big standalone pack. 

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to say - that's one fine looking model - really like the paints as well - can't wait for my first hot LZ landing in Unsung with CCR blasting through the headset... Best of luck with it...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks Rabbit. I know how to merge it since I knew how to divide it. I wouldn't go for proxies if I weren't above the limit. The main body has app. 12-13K verts and 18-19K polys and cannot be merged with other two parts. Whole model has something above 30K verts, I guess. 

Proxies are good in case of weapon like rockets, bombs. As a part of model it messes everything - VhC, hiddenSelections, shadowing. I will do it my way, although it would require either releasing every version separately or release it as big standalone pack. 

I just recently figured out the hiddenselection textures on proxies whilst chatting on the CUP discussion channel

I've given a try the current version and, huh, I love it! UH-46 on VERTREP at night below. Please, notice the new cargo hook in the floor hatch. It is activated whenever slingload assistant is active or ropes catch a cargo. There's also standing position of a loadmaster over floor hatch to help pilots through giving corrections and assist with fastroping. It's partially visible on the second picture. However, often ropes behave weird as the aircraft has walkable deck. It could also be fixed, BIS. Please :)

pOjQURQ.jpg

2DHqBGQ.jpg

Kpm1kjL.jpg

8OMF3Eo.jpg

0kCdZTB.jpg

9F1AAGc.jpg

jVkwQOS.jpg

• Like 8

About camo on proxies, there is no longer much reason to use proxies for parts on the aircraft, it was a necessity back when polycounts were limited to 35Kish but now since the last update its in the millions...or was it billion....either way, no need to restrict yourself.  That said I would recommend keeping it below 200K, 150K at max because performance really starts to dip off at that point if you have a lot going on in the background.

• Like 1

That said I would recommend keeping it below 200K, 150K

200k?!  You absolute madman  :D

Awesome work

btw, I found a really good video of the Knight thats HD

• Like 2

About camo on proxies, there is no longer much reason to use proxies for parts on the aircraft, it was a necessity back when polycounts were limited to 35Kish but now since the last update its in the millions...or was it billion....either way, no need to restrict yourself.  That said I would recommend keeping it below 200K, 150K at max because performance really starts to dip off at that point if you have a lot going on in the background.

That's very interesting information in fact. Could you please, elaborate more on the topic? I've tried it in OB, when I had seen the info somewhere else (provided also by you) but with no luck, model didn't render in OB. What OB version do you use? Do you have a link to BIS SITREP covering this fantastic news?

Whole model, including weapon, would be way below those limits. It would tremendously facilitate my work and release of the addon, if it's the true (and knowing you I have no reasons to doubt about it). I'm so excited!

EDIT: I've just checked it again, 20K verts, 20K polys, 22 sections - no model rendering in OB. I use OB ver. 2.3.0.0 and BIS Tools are ver 0.983.5.6003.  

It must be Dev branch tools (the latest update is 1.0) that allow such poly limit then, I guess? No other reasonable explanations for it.

EDIT2: OK, I found a topic with the TECHREP: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192564-new-poly-limit/

The limit was rised on Feb, 18th 2016 according to the topic linked above. It doesn't explain me why merging of my model doesn't work. I should already have got the version allowing for 4 billions poly, if I am BIS Tools subscriber, right?

I've given a try the current version and, huh, I love it! UH-46 on VERTREP at night below. Please, notice the new cargo hook in the floor hatch. It is activated whenever slingload assistant is active or ropes catch a cargo. There's also standing position of a loadmaster over floor hatch to help pilots through giving corrections and assist with fastroping. It's partially visible on the second picture. However, often ropes behave weird as the aircraft has walkable deck. It could also be fixed, BIS. Please :)

I feel like a kid in A Candy Store ;)

Edited by UnarmedCheese
  • Like 3

HH-46E Pedro with searchlight under the nose. Model of the searchlight with textures was taken from TKOH Sample as it's pretty much the same the Pedro has. The light is controlled from the copilot seat only. Credits for the searchlight: BIS, license APL-SA/TOPL-SA.

z8g53s8.jpg

• Like 7

That's very interesting information in fact. Could you please, elaborate more on the topic? I've tried it in OB, when I had seen the info somewhere else (provided also by you) but with no luck, model didn't render in OB. What OB version do you use? Do you have a link to BIS SITREP covering this fantastic news?

Whole model, including weapon, would be way below those limits. It would tremendously facilitate my work and release of the addon, if it's the true (and knowing you I have no reasons to doubt about it). I'm so excited!

EDIT: I've just checked it again, 20K verts, 20K polys, 22 sections - no model rendering in OB. I use OB ver. 2.3.0.0 and BIS Tools are ver 0.983.5.6003.  

It must be Dev branch tools (the latest update is 1.0) that allow such poly limit then, I guess? No other reasonable explanations for it.

EDIT2: OK, I found a topic with the TECHREP: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192564-new-poly-limit/

The limit was rised on Feb, 18th 2016 according to the topic linked above. It doesn't explain me why merging of my model doesn't work. I should already have got the version allowing for 4 billions poly, if I am BIS Tools subscriber, right?

Ah so glad you found that thread, I had a big response ready which included parts of that thread and the techrep but misclicked someones signature and lost it all.

In regards to merging your models not working is the program crashinng or is buldozer simply taking a long time to load it? BD for whatever reason takes a while to load the models so it may appear to have siezed up, it could even take up to a minute or several however give it enough time and it should render the model correctly. I can say with confidence that it works on stable branch as that is what I'm currently on and have been since before apex's official release.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/B2-Test_zps03ulu2ka.jpg for example it took a minute and a half to render my apache but afterwards it was smooth.

The game will render it within the snap of a finger in comparison speedwise so don't be put off by BD's slow speed.

200k?!  You absolute madman  :D

Oh you have no idea > : )

• Like 1

You're right mate. It does work when I tell him to start from the game's installation folder, however it shows up the model merged but without textures. If it starts from default location which is P:\ the Buldozer just doesn't show the model, even after 10 minuts of waiting, I can rotate the view but there's no model, Buldozer doesn't hang up, it runs OK. Also, I noticed that OB has missing file GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win32.dll and this can be trouble-maker. I will try to check the consistency of files and report here. Thanks!

EDIT: OK, copying the missing file to P:\  did remove the error but didn't help. Configuration of the Object Builder to start from game's installation folder and changing texture path in the model from relative into direct ones did the trick. Again, thanks a lot for help, nodunit :) It will help to provide less weighted DL package as well as the addon with more customization options and weapons.

I truly cannot wait for the searchlight. I have been wanting one since I have been flying in Arma.

Do you plan to share how you achieved this, so the community can add to other aircraft?

Why make it a copilot procedure and not the pilot or both? In my real life job, the pilot controls the search light.

Thank you for your hard work,

Humbly,

Jason

HH-46E Pedro with searchlight under the nose. Model of the searchlight with textures was taken from TKOH Sample as it's pretty much the same the Pedro has. The light is controlled from the copilot seat only. Credits for the searchlight: BIS, license APL-SA/TOPL-SA.

http://i.imgur.com/z8g53s8.jpg

Edited by R0adki11
  • Like 1