Well, Data linking is in DEV now.  As is Emissions Control.
You can specify in Editor or script whether a vehicle reports it's own position to Data center for it's side, receives data information, or reports target information.
So you can set up Radar vehicles that do all three.  They can see targets, report their position to friendlies, and also report the position of any unknown or verified Ally/Enemy targets in their sensor range.

Emission control is an editor level setting that controls how Active radar is employed.
1: Default.  Radar off until Aware or Combat status.
2: Always ON.
3: Always Off.

Jets will be a paradigm changer.

Sounds like they are moving in the right direction.  That will best be useful for EW (early warning) radars.  The hand-off simulation of the EW radars to the fire control at the moment of launch is when the site radar will activate, "not" when they change their combat status/aware.  So it still sounds like the disableAI commands will be used by the actual fire control radars on the sites.

I am definitely glad they are adding this stuff.  I will be ecstatic if they add missile values we can interrogate like frequency, home-on-jam capability, and frequency hop.  I added those to mine of course and have default values for vanilla, but to have that native would be incredible.  I have some jamming scripts worked up that will enable some more complex jamming scenarios.  Having these values would make it even better :)

In the next few weeks I'm going to add that stuff and then of course post-Jets I'll have an update w/ the new values.  Kind of want to move slowly so all the wrinkles get sorted out first since this stuff evolves almost every week.

• Like 2

Thanks for the insights.  So, JETS will come out in one month, May 16th. 
The new airframes are in now and people are testing them quite a bit.  New features and tweaks are going in almost daily. 

One thing one of the Devs said is that you could configure Radomes and such as Vehicles, and set those with the proper Radar attributes to act as actual Side radars and objectives.
So you could make one for each side (Blue, Red, Green) and give it what attributes you want for range, Angle, Scope etc.    Then you could place them per scenario and they will report what they see to the appropriate datalink receivers.
This would make it a valuable target to take out especially if it is a powerful site.

I haven't seen anything about frequency hopping or anything like that.  Pretty basic stuff as far as I know. 
I'll test some stuff out and see what kind of distances I can get with Mavericks using a Datalink spotter heli or Drone.  Right now I can hit targets at about 12-14 Km from an F16 or F18 with a Maverick.  A10s are visual only sensors unless you're at like 2 KM for IR.  So it's a bit harder for them to be used at long range.

I talked about frequency hopping in the guide.  It is something that certain missiles use (such as the AIM-120 and the SA-20) to improve effectiveness against jamming techniques.  So if a jammer for instance is saturating a certain frequency, the missile literally "changes the channel" to maintain its lock and render the countermeasures less effective.

Home-on-jam reduces effectiveness by locking on to the emitter source which by itself makes the jammer/radar/etc. the missile's target.  I believe AIM-120 can do this as well as other things like AIM-7. 

Thanks for looking out for me :) 

I don't get it - is using mods in the game really that hard?  It takes perhaps 15 minutes to read and learn how to add mods.  Are people just not that computer saavy any more?

Regardless.

Yes I intend to start using steam for distribution as the big "but then they own it" debate really doesn't apply, not really.  So most likely the post-Jets update will be on Steam as well as other places for people who know how to install mods.

• Like 7

ECM script progressing nicely.  An improved/enhanced version is destined for the USAF mod.  Fun to spoof missiles :)   Missile continually attempts to course-correct causing the tell-tale wiggle of the contrail.

9K331 (SA-15) vs. EF2000

jam1.jpg   jam3.jpg

MIM-23 vs. EF2000
jam2.jpg 

• Like 5

Nice work Pook. 
If you don't mind the asking, are you incorporating the JETS sensor updates into your missile CFGs themselves for pilots to take advantage of, or are your new improvements all new script updates?
Also, are your launchers still going to be dependent on your custom script work for target sensing, discrimination, and launching patterns? 
With the ability of modders to make their weapons and vehicles with custom Radar and Sensor ranges out to whatever realistic value they want, I figured some of that would be cross pollinating to weapon system mods like yours.

Hey Pook. If you plan using the workshop platform do you have a release date estimate? I'd love to add this mod to my units mod list but one of the issues working with mentally handicapped people is their inability to use mods that don't install themselves. Great work btw!

What is wrong with stupid kids being unable to load fucking mods themselves.  Thanks for the heads-up

• Like 2

To counter, I must say, what is so wrong with simply uploading to steam workshop? Why do you find yourself doing extra work and fighting the idiots who upload it constantly? Maybe it's a hint that it's highly requested on steam. Maybe its a hint that the old style is dying, and people need to learn to move on with the times. AH is a dead horse these days. No offense and respect to you, but you are one of those legend authors who spouts the whole "anti-steam" thing, yet you do more work daily fighting it, then just accepting it. Getting your mod more exposure, for others to enjoy. 

Anyways, sadly, that guy is new to a community I play on, and will inform him ASAP via Discord of his stupidity, and respect your current wishes. 

For the simple fact it is my creation and I am entitled to determine its fucking fate.  Your argument is invalid.

Edit to add. OK I have some vodka in-hand now and I realize that no amount of bitching is going to get someone to understand my point of view if they can't be bothered to respect my wishes and read the rules.  BECAUSE IT IS MY CONTENT should be the only answer that is required.  Some people can't appreciate that and I can't fix stupid.  But I'm certainly going to give this vodka a chance!  LOL

• Like 9

Your sams are still launching at tanks :down: but still a super great mod! Keep up the work.

which SAM in particular.  I need details please

7 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

which SAM in particular.  I need details please

you mean you are not psychic?

come on man.... just fix the addon... like now... :)

• Like 1

hehehe soon very soon

The wifey is out of town so I have some FREE TIME w/o interruption so I hope to have the mod polished by the time Jets releases.  The updates will CERTAINLY be post-Jets.

Regarding that "shoots at tanks" issue I honestly need to know because I am 99.9% positive the "aiammousage" flag or whatever it is called was set for everything.  I may certainly have missed something, however need those specifics regardless

• Like 2

Can't wait.  I'd still like to pick your brain on what you've done regarding changes to implement the new systems.
Like.. are the standalone Launchers set up for the new sensors?  Do the standalone Radars have new configs and report to Side using Datalink? 
Have you config'd the various missiles with different values and sensor heads for longer detection ranges?

These are the things inquiring masses want to know!  Or, maybe just me.  ;)

• Like 2

Testing script updates.  Still optimizing the proximity fuse logics...

sa20vs_WW.jpg   proximitytest.jpg   SA20launch.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/9/2017 at 4:59 PM, hcpookie said:

hehehe soon very soon

The wifey is out of town so I have some FREE TIME w/o interruption so I hope to have the mod polished by the time Jets releases.  The updates will CERTAINLY be post-Jets.

Regarding that "shoots at tanks" issue I honestly need to know because I am 99.9% positive the "aiammousage" flag or whatever it is called was set for everything.  I may certainly have missed something, however need those specifics regardless

I will add it back to the mission and let you know =). 

Taking advantage of the new thrusttime animation source.  The SA22 missile now has a correctly discarded stage 2. (the "dropped" part is just a createvehicle object)  The important thing here is the thrusttime correctly hides that booster stage.  So "missile cam" will be able to see these things work now  :)

SA22stage2.jpg

• Like 3

Improved the SA20 airburst effect.  MUCH better on framerate and more deadly.  I must say I think I am going to need to Nerf the SA20 because it is so effective now.  Hope you will have jammer pods on your airplanes :)

SA20indirect.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hcpookie said:

I must say I think I am going to need to Nerf the SA20 because it is so effective now

please , no:sad_o: