5 minutes ago, BvB1 said:

Think the answer is yes but... Will everything work correctly if spawning a site spawner mid mission via script, zeus etc? Thus far have only used them at start or individual assets like AA guns. 

That is the entire point of the site spawners... they are designed to be drag-and-drop for MP scenarios.  Read The Guide. 

Because I know it will be asked yet again, I will offer up front that you can't have multiple sites of the same type at once, but that is the only real limitation.  The Guide covers it pretty well.

HCPookie,

I think this has been answered before, and I just forgot.  Do you have any plans to put the SAM pack up on Steam for community download and updating on your end?
I can get it and have no problem installing the mod, but our unit is moving to a Steam Workshop mods only stance. 

Either way, good to see this new update coming out!  Keep up your great work on this and PLA!

HCPookie, 

I have a question I like to use Firewill planes for doing Missions. And I'm pretty sure they all have some kind Of ECM on them... does they work with your radars?

31 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

HCPookie,

I think this has been answered before, and I just forgot.  Do you have any plans to put the SAM pack up on Steam for community download and updating on your end?
I can get it and have no problem installing the mod, but our unit is moving to a Steam Workshop mods only stance. 

Either way, good to see this new update coming out!  Keep up your great work on this and PLA!

Yes that's next... I always use my Onedrive regardless

• Like 2

Thanks man, I appreciate the response. Already have it downloaded and ready to test when I get home from work ;)

As soon as you have it up on Steam I'll prod some of my unit's pilots to download so we can test for issues in an MP environment. 

I really want to build a PvP map on Kidal or another LARGE map centered around knocking out the enemy base that is protected by your SAM systems.  

NOTE TO ADMINS!

The new file structure places the mod in the @POOK_SAM folder!  The pre-version 5.0 content was hosted in the @POOK folder!

Please remove the previous content manually to avoid problems.

The CUP and PLA mod content will be published separately on STEAM, because STEAM. 

-    POSTPONED:  ECM scripts

-    POSTPONED:  ARM missile onboard radar configs

-    POSTPONED:  RADOME occupy script

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

I really want to build a PvP map on Kidal or another LARGE map centered around knocking out the enemy base that is protected by your SAM systems.  

Don't know what "Kidal" is, however I have done some of the long-range testing on Snakeman's "Jets DLC Terrains" for the SA20/21 ranges.  Especially the Bosnia map... fond memories of when we were both modding that area for Falcon4 RP.  ;)

• Like 1

There is a map based on the Kidal, Mali region of Africa.  I believe it is 60Km x 60Km, with one large city in the middle with an Airfield. 
Not super large, but large enough to build a base in both corners and have teams try to take them out. 

It is 60 x 60 

I too have played with the Jets DLC maps.  While great for Air to Air, they leave quite a bit desired for ground pounders that like their details.
As they are updated I hope to put them to use with my unit for long range operations.  Strike, infiltration, pure Air ops etc.

33 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Thanks man, I appreciate the response. Already have it downloaded and ready to test when I get home from work ;)

As soon as you have it up on Steam I'll prod some of my unit's pilots to download so we can test for issues in an MP environment. 

Kinda OFFTOPIC , but i wouldn't use Kidal for anything Air based... cause for some reason the object spawn distance is all messed up.

pook_SAM_CUP published to Steam...

pook_SAM_PLA published to Steam...

(for those that don't STEAM, you can find those in the \COMPAT folder instead)

• Like 3

So as an FYI if you run with "show script errors" you might see some things... you SHOULDN'T be running with "show script errors" however just keep that in mind ;)

• Like 1

Speaking of postponed features, this is the absolute farthest I can get w/ the ARM detection, when using the Jets passive radar settings to 30k (there was a recent update to the game to fix part of this):

ARMtest.jpg

Note that is 21.1km which may be a product of the PassiveRadarSensorComponent doing its job at 30k.  However I have tweaked it so there are no modifiers like ground clutter, etc. that might skew the results.  Frustrating.  ANd yes my viewdistance is at max.  So since AGM-88 should be able to reach out at least 2x that far I may redo the manual ARM scripts so they can still reach out at distance.  Otherwise w/ on the BIS values, you'll be lucky to get close enough to Wild Weasel the radars.  Testing of course on VR so no clutter etc. is in the way... on "normal" maps 20km may be OK, but keep in mind that some of these missiles have > 50km engagement ranges.  Which makes more sense on the Big-Huge maps we are starting to see.

Still doing some testing :)

• Like 3

Pook, have you ever looked at the Instant View Distance mod?
Mainly used for Single player gaming, it lets you set custom view distances that can be changed in game.  You can set them out to like 100 KM if you have the horsepower.

I run it when testing Air ops on the Jets DLC maps and run at like 30-50 KM View distance.

As far as the Passive ARM detection from an Active source.  I do believe that BIS set the Active radars detection capability as double the range of the Radar detection range. 
So if it is a BIS configured radar for 16 KM, the most it would be seen by a passive sensor is 32 KM.

You'd have to configure radars to detect at greater than 16 KM to be seen past that 32 KM range.

I know it can be done, but it's all config work.  Firewill had some radar on his Tomcat working out past 100 KM so his AIM 154 Phoenix missiles would target properly.

My radar sig on the plane is 128km so that kind of doesn't work :(

Regardless.  I've noticed that when opening the Field Manual the 3D models sometimes are all-white, until I exit, then reopen the FM several times.  Does anyone have an idea why that is?

So, attempting to make a test mission to place on my server.

When I place an ESW for each side, it is spawning one element at the location, then spawning all remaining assets at a location several kilometers away. 
It is also placing the remaining assets for BOTH BLUFOR and OPFOR at the same location.  This results in one of the random spawned ADF guys shooting their opposite.  

I went back into the mission and removed the ESW sites.  Saved and Exported mission.  Re-uploaded to my server. 
Now when I attempt to join the mission it is telling me I am missing deleted content "pook_sam_base" 

I'm an idiot and missed that you updated that file already.  Just needed to update it on server it seems.

Still broken it seems...

Any clues?

For viewdistance you can just type on the console

setviewdistance X

You can go crazy high in this.... But i advise not above 25km ;) not on Altis anyway... I already got to 100Km on Takistan  but even so it's laggey

A thought - I'll need to play around some with this - the scripts use BIS_fnc_findSafePos for the ancillary vehicles such as SHORAD, etc.  I wonder if it is selecting a "safe" pos for the placement and causing that behavior.  However I can only test so much - it has been working for me in my testing.  Give me some details on the placements and I'll look into it.

Also, try placing it on the VR map to see if it behaves correctly...

There's some weird bug with the all the mast objects when i pace them on the editor even on the VR. They tend to jump into the air , the only way i can make them not do strange things is placing in the air...

I was having these Masts pop up on the small connector to a Peninsula on Altis
D27AA6B2A13D84C6427B573F47384FB306EE12C3

at this location
D410986EC33AE20B3494C308AB62AD254034AEA9

with the actual placement of both EWS at the following.  Making a triangle between the points.
E36A0527A3E94C9BF5F2BE01A6E6F2AE63C42899

I think that find safe pos function is the culprit.  I'm going to do some testing tomorrow and if it succeeds I'll post an update.

An amazing addon pook love all the great Antiaircraft systems any chance you could add the British Rapier missile at some point?