Well if you have the sandbags, bunkers, nets, tents, dogs, cats, etc all listed then that would be problematic :)    If you limit whatever "TAOR" is to those class names listed in the Guide then that would in theory limit your list to perhaps a half-dozen or so objects per site

Edit to add - is there a "how to" guide or document describing how this Alive listing works?  I assume there is a list or config file you edit to add/remove the desired targets?

1 hour ago, hcpookie said:

Well if you have the sandbags, bunkers, nets, tents, dogs, cats, etc all listed then that would be problematic :)    If you limit whatever "TAOR" is to those class names listed in the Guide then that would in theory limit your list to perhaps a half-dozen or so objects per site

Edit to add - is there a "how to" guide or document describing how this Alive listing works?  I assume there is a list or config file you edit to add/remove the desired targets?

ALiVE  Military placement and Objectives : http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Placement_(Military_Objectives)

Dunno why a blacklist TAOR isn't working.  Nothing inside it should be showing as a Mil Objective. 
I'd hit the ALiVE guys up on their thread or Forum and they will probably be able to help you better.

Are you ever going to add the SA-12(S-300V) system? it would be a great addition to the pack.

On 12/20/2016 at 6:15 PM, ski2060 said:

ALiVE  Military placement and Objectives : http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Placement_(Military_Objectives)

Dunno why a blacklist TAOR isn't working.  Nothing inside it should be showing as a Mil Objective. 
I'd hit the ALiVE guys up on their thread or Forum and they will probably be able to help you better.

Good day!  I'm finishing up my move to COS and finally have Internet for the first time since Christmas.  SO I had a quick glance at that page.  It appears the "location" is the TAOR and that it assumes a composition is being spawned.  The sites are basically a composition although I have a hard-coded script to ensure proper and predictable placement.  I need to look again at the scripts but I believe I do spawn an invisible Heli marker at the site.  I need to confirm that as I am in the pre-coffee stage this morning.  If not, I can add that.

According to this:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Placement_(Military_Objectives)#Custom_Unit_Blacklists

The mission maker must create a custom blacklist to include all of the blacklisted units...

ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_UNITBLACKLIST = ["unitType_1","unitType_2","unitType_3"];
ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_VEHICLEBLACKLIST = ["vehicleType_1","vehicleType_2","vehicleType_3"];
ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_GROUPBLACKLIST = ["groupType_1","groupType_2","groupType_3"];

Now this would be best suited to use a vehicle blacklist for my sites, because all of the static things like nets, etc. usually fall under the static vehicles category (usually under House or similar).  However this will be up to the mission maker. 

QUESTION:  Would it help if I listed all of the non-tactical objects/nets/ etc. to help mission makers?

So, Alive works by analyzing map object placement to determine targets for an AI commander.  Those objects can be Buildings, Power Plants, Ports, Airports etc.

This is usually done when Indexing the map with a set of tools and a procedure defined by the ALiVE team. 

When you start a mission that you have built on a server, Alive goes through a long INIT process that checks your parameters against the Map index. 
Depending on how you have your mission set up (Conventional or Asymmetric warfare), the AI commander looks at all the possible indexed locations and chooses it's own targets for units that you defined as it's force pool.
Then it will send it's troops out to go take those targets.

You can also define troops as starting in certain Indexed locations (usually called CQB units), and those will spawn all over the map in a concentration that you define.

Tactical Areas Of Responsibility- TAOR's, are marker locations you can place down to either define areas you want the AI commander to be responsible for (Invade any indexed location inside this box),  OR TAOR's can be used as blacklist sites to prevent any Spawning of troops inside.

What I think is happening is that certain items inside your SAM site compositions are each coming up as Indexed items or locations for whatever reason, and appear to be spawning a bunch of troops near them.

I don't know what would be causing that. 

I'll refer the ALiVE guys to this thread, or at least send them a link to the discussion about the problem the other poster is having and maybe they can find out the issue.

Yeah if there is a way to blacklist all of my SAM units when inside a site then that would be perfect.  It seems that if a TAOR marker is placed on my site, then the blacklist could be invoked.  That would still enable mission makers to place the vehicles 1x1 if they so choose, and let ALIVE work correctly with them.  I will put together a list of the objects that should always be blacklisted.

What would be nice is if I could simply create an ALIVE blacklist when I spawn the site, so that whether people are running ALIVE or not, the list would already be there for ALIVE to pick up.

Sorry holidays and all that...haven't been around much. Anyway yes a TAOR is a location that ALiVE uses to toss in various units, etc... the way you have to create a blacklist is to get the classnames for every item that would potentially spawn in that area IF it were not blacklisted. 

The way it is happening that I saw (2 versions of ALiVE ago) is that if you dropped a Pook SAM Spawner into the faction that is being used to populate the OPFOR, BLUFOR, etc... that group then drops in missle sites in every area that the OPCOM (AI Commander) feels is necessary to have anti-air based on the objective rating. On Tanoa; I built several custom objectives and was getting massive SAM and SHORAD defenses spawning in one them and literally every sandbag bunker was getting tagged as an objective by the AI and was also spawning in traditional ground forces as a defensive unit on them. As a result you could literally get maybe 2 minutes of game time before the Quad Xenon CPU server came crashing down to earth. 

I have since scrapped that mission and have replaced all the SAM sites with mobile SHORAD Pantsir defenses and they are working like a champ. I am building up some "possible" areas that may get a few over the horizon systems in place at some point in the future with the mission but nothing major as of now. If you need some help with the blacklist aspect let me know and I would be glad to help and walk you through ALiVE if you need it in the future.

Thanks for the hard work you put in to make A3 a better game.

Starting the list.  This is from my pook_SAM pack.  ALL of the camo nets from my camo nets pack should be included with this list:

"pook_radome1","pook_radome2",
"pook_PowGen_Big",
"pook_Land_fort_artillery_nest","pook_Land_fort_artillery_nest_DES","pook_Land_fort_artillery_nest_MUD",
"pook_Land_fort_rampart","pook_Land_fort_rampart_DES","pook_Land_fort_rampart_MUD",
"pook_siteFlag_CDF","pook_siteFlag_RU","pook_siteFlag_INS","pook_siteFlag_TAK","pook_siteFlag_TK_INS","pook_siteFlag_GUE","pook_siteFlag_CDF_IND","pook_siteFlag_TK_GUE",

• Like 1

FYI I'm working on the cloud config settings for the missile trails.  Want to make them last longer in the air.  In the meantime, just sharing a little teaser of a new toy coming soon...

SA8test.jpg

• Like 4

I have the SA-8 working with all the animations, etc. and it frankly doesn't look that bad. 

CREDITS in case anyone is wondering:  The model is originally from the deprecated MCAR mod, and the upgraded MLOD from A2 is from sa8gecko (how fitting).

The pod doors make use of the "holdsteranim" value, so they open 1x for each of the missiles.  I'm working on some missile smoke alterations to make the smoke correctly appear behind the missile instead of the default missile launch point... results are promising.  I did the same for the 9K31 SA9 I put into my AFV pack.  The default missile smoke trails appear to have been severely limited in recent months... I know the smoke was more prominent in the past so I'm not sure what to make of that.  It seems I have to do some particle work to get it looking good again.

SA8test2.jpg

Edit:  Colors!

sa8test3.jpg

I am going to add the new missile ammo values I've been adding so jamming scripts, RWR scripts, etc. can correctly identify and work with the missile.

So between this, the smoke trail updates, and the ALIVE work a new release could be expected later this Winter!

• Like 5

G'day hcpookie,

Two questions if I may: will this mod pack ever be available on the Steam Workshop (I can understand if not given the variety of model authors) and secondly are you keeping abreast of the sensor changes that are being worked on by BI?

Given what we've seen so far I'd love to see what you would be capable of with these new sensor changes.

• Like 1

Any way that this can come with a automatic zone where the various assets will drive around in and move from a zone to the next,defending them and create a moving target for aircraft?   It creates a square and moves around in there and move in-between them randomly,as part of the Ai-movement.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:55 PM, teddymosart1 said:

Any way that this can come with a automatic zone where the various assets will drive around in and move from a zone to the next,defending them and create a moving target for aircraft?   It creates a square and moves around in there and move in-between them randomly,as part of the Ai-movement.

Try using this function mate and it will do exactly what you want.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_taskPatrol

• Like 1

Hi,

Just wondering how to get ARM's onto planes? When installing the pack, none of the default planes seem to have ARM's or the ability to somehow load them. Am I missing something obvious? Do I need other mods to be able to do this? RTFM...

Also it appears that SHORAD's simply don't engage any incoming ordnance. Something to do with default AGM's or not implemented yet?

Cheers

Hey,

It's sad to see this mod go off the steam workshop... Are you putting the mod back up on the work shop or are you going to keep the mod on armaholic? If you're putting it down for a couple of days and then re-uploading it that would be amazing, make sure to put up your other mods too.

• Like 1

Yes indeed thank you!  It will make it to steam but let's be honest there's a huge update coming soon and frankly I have no time to cater to the folks who can't figure how to load mods like the rest of us did.  Steam is making people more stupid.

• Like 5

On 3/8/2017 at 2:00 AM, detox1212 said:

Hi,

Just wondering how to get ARM's onto planes? When installing the pack, none of the default planes seem to have ARM's or the ability to somehow load them. Am I missing something obvious? Do I need other mods to be able to do this? RTFM...

Also it appears that SHORAD's simply don't engage any incoming ordnance. Something to do with default AGM's or not implemented yet?

Cheers

Quite possibly the ordnance in question is not on the list.  I made a list so it wouldn't try to shoot at every bullet or bomb incoming.  However the list certainly needs to be updated.

Pook, any teasers for how you plan to integrate SAM Pack into the JETS DLC framework? 
I really think it will help bring your stellar work to more people by making it more compatible with vanilla entities.

21 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Yes indeed thank you!  It will make it to steam but let's be honest there's a huge update coming soon and frankly I have no time to cater to the folks who can't figure how to load mods like the rest of us did.  Steam is making people more stupid.

That would be amazing, thanks for the info.

with latest arma 3 update I have a problem with SA20.. 8/10 missile  fly near target and don`t hit target.

Target don`t have flare to jamm missile

Just wondering if there is any way to add the AI logic scripts to individually placed units Or to manually build a AA site with all the corresponding units grouped together that will benefit from the local radars etc.

5 hours ago, detox1212 said:

Just wondering if there is any way to add the AI logic scripts to individually placed units Or to manually build a AA site with all the corresponding units grouped together that will benefit from the local radars etc.

Have you looked at using VCOM with the SAM pack? When I was building my mission I used VCOM for all AI functions and it would call every AI unit within the listed range of the contact and if they had "radio" access then they would transmit accordingly to call ahead so to speak.This way guns were up and looking in the general direction of the incoming air target. Maybe not the perfect solution but it works.

The scripts are written to allow for additional assets around the site.  They are looking for the specific radar vehicles, however, so they probably will not run for other vehicles