laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Soooo if you have anything you'd like to see/hear in the game (sound wise), feel free to post your ideas. Maybe I stumble upon something that makes me go "Oh, that's totally cool and possible".

This list has been going on for a while on the Audio Tweaking guide. It's practically a combined list of request from multiple people. I gave up asking BIS for these sounds, so I'm glad you are open to suggestions :)

List of missing sounds

Infantry

• Going into boresight view.
  • Turning on and off rifle flashlight/IR pointer
  • Turning on GPS
  • Sounds of turning on and off NVGs - for god's sake, Zeus even has one!
  • Sound of falling bodies.
  • Screams when getting hit
  • No sound during parachuting (wind, parachute fabric)
  • No sound for turning (volume should grow louder according to turn speed)
Armour, Aircraft and Vehicles
  • Sounds for switching on and off view modes in weapon sights
  • Sounds for switching between optics modes and zoom levels in gunner and commander sights
  • No sound for entering and exiting tanks, vehicles and aircrafts
  • Sound for knocked down trees
  • Sound for squashed bushes
  • Sound for impacting humans
  • Sound for impacting walls
  • Sound for impacting rocks
  • Sound for moving tank tracks and their friction with the ground (there's only the engine sound).
  • Turning headlights on and off
  • Splash sound when wheels impact a waterline (it was in OFP)
  • Sound for movement of fixed MG/GMG
  • No voice notification of events during the flight. e.g.: Low fuel, Over G, Altitude, Pull up, low speed etc.
  • Like 2

Thanks for the update!

Just to make sure, the change log says new sounds for all helicopters but according to the pbo names it doesn't seem like any of the AAF choppers are updated. Is that correct?

It doesnt bother me personally, I'm just trying to do a JSRS/DynaSound combo so just making sure what pbo's to keep from JSRS :)

I have a JSRS/Dynasound combo too and it is difficult. When you remove the JSRS heli pbo's you have to leave the airsounds pbo one or all planes become silent.But when I did this I dont think the Dynasound heli sounds work-they sound very like vanilla.I will do some testing with this updated version and let you know.

This list has been going on for a while on the Audio Tweaking guide. It's practically a combined list of request from multiple people. I gave up asking BIS for these sounds, so I'm glad you are open to suggestions :)

List of missing sounds

Infantry

• Going into boresight view.
  • Turning on and off rifle flashlight/IR pointer
  • Turning on GPS
  • Sounds of turning on and off NVGs - for god's sake, Zeus even has one!
  • Sound of falling bodies.
  • Screams when getting hit
  • No sound during parachuting (wind, parachute fabric)
  • No sound for turning (volume should grow louder according to turn speed)
Armour, Aircraft and Vehicles
  • Sounds for switching on and off view modes in weapon sights
  • Sounds for switching between optics modes and zoom levels in gunner and commander sights
  • No sound for entering and exiting tanks, vehicles and aircrafts
  • Sound for knocked down trees
  • Sound for squashed bushes
  • Sound for impacting humans
  • Sound for impacting walls
  • Sound for impacting rocks
  • Sound for moving tank tracks and their friction with the ground (there's only the engine sound).
  • Turning headlights on and off
  • Splash sound when wheels impact a waterline (it was in OFP)
  • Sound for movement of fixed MG/GMG
  • No voice notification of events during the flight. e.g.: Low fuel, Over G, Altitude, Pull up, low speed etc.

If you want these sounds-some are available now with other mods. The nvg soun come with the "Enhanced Movement" mod from Badbenson. The falling bodies ans screams are in mrg unit sfx mod.And I think JSRS adds the GMG turning sound.

Drive or Mega mirrors maybe? I'm getting 20 Kb/s from Armaholic, and Dropbox is down with this "This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Lax, great work again, a phenomenal release! I do have a bit of a criticism though, it seems like the sonic cracks have lost a lot of their "crack" in the last two releases. 

If my memory serves me, the sound is a sort of "Kih" sound: short, snappy, very loud and high pitched, normally with quite a strong reverb / tail (when downrange, it's louder by some way than the shooter). Youtube doesn't do it justice so no point linking there, but it's exactly like the crack of a whip (being that the cause is the same after all!). BI seems to think it's more of a "tick", but your old sonic cracks were as close as I've heard a game come to that. Seems like they've been toned down a bit recently though. So, any chance we could have your super loud and snappy cracks back? 

Cheers again for the amazing release, and sorry if you know all the above! 

• Like 1

Drive or Mega mirrors maybe? I'm getting 20 Kb/s from Armaholic, and Dropbox is down with this "This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Dropbox is down-but try Armaholic again.I just used it and this downloaded in 60 seconds for me.

Dropbox is down-but try Armaholic again.I just used it and this downloaded in 60 seconds for me.

I don't see how that could be possible, without paying for a membership. That's been the "normal" speed for quite some time. I don't think it's tied to regions, but it may as well be. In any case, it's like that for mine, since I know other users are having problems with Armaholic for quite some time.

I don't see how that could be possible, without paying for a membership. That's been the "normal" speed for quite some time. I don't think it's tied to regions, but it may as well be. In any case, it's like that for mine, since I know other users are having problems with Armaholic for quite some time.

Hmmm-maybe it is regional? I havnt paid for a membership, and I have had some issues with it recently-but today Dynasound downloaded really fast. I am in Ireland-maybe European region is different from the US?

Hmmm-maybe it is regional? I havnt paid for a membership, and I have had some issues with it recently-but today Dynasound downloaded really fast. I am in Ireland-maybe European region is different from the US?

Many miles south of the US here ;) . But it's usual to get 600-700 kB/s from Drive or Mega no problem. Dropbox has been acting up on me lately, but before that it was also maxing out my connection speed.

Many miles south of the US here ;) . But it's usual to get 600-700 kB/s from Drive or Mega no problem. Dropbox has been acting up on me lately, but before that it was also maxing out my connection speed.

Ah-but here I usually get 5MB/s from Mega-so that would make sense. I downloaded the witcher 3 (30GB) from steam yesterday in 60 mins :)

Ona rmahollic you dont pay for membership, you pay for subscribe, if you have subscribe its downloading faster. Monetization everywhere - users with account and without it have same download speed, BUT in practice it download half of speed for first 2 minutes then full speed. If it doesnt work, try again after minute. It look like its choosing diferent mirror.

Hey many thanks for the update laxeman! The new katiba sounds nice.

@downloadspeed

-its a file with 180mb

-you can download over night.

-its free (the mod AND the downloading)

So whats the problem?

I love your work Laxemann (deine Mukke rockt auch alter, gibts von dem Introlied ma ne richtig lange version? Ich hab soundcloud schon gecheckt, gimme MOAR :D Wenns von dir ma n Album im Laden gibt - ich würds kaufen)

but i wonder about 1 thing - why we have no indoor sounds with your soundmod, now that its finally by default in the game? It seems the enhanced soundscape is included in this and maybe its louder than the indoor sounds?

If enhanced soundscape is now included it would be nice to have it as clientside pbo to be able to not load it - enhanced soundscape is really awsome but if it causes reverb that doesnt fit to indoor - thats not so cool. Additionally on my PC it cost me 7 FPS when 1 single MG is shooting (tested on dedi server with 2 players with the old standalone enhanced soundscape mod) which is a nogo when most times i run with ca 35 FPS max- not your problem i know - i just thought i let u know :)

Anyways the mod rocks, playtesting in our coop group will happen after new year, cant wait for the sound experience :)

I love your work Laxemann (deine Mukke rockt auch alter, gibts von dem Introlied ma ne richtig lange version? Ich hab soundcloud schon gecheckt, gimme MOAR :D Wenns von dir ma n Album im Laden gibt - ich würds kaufen)

but i wonder about 1 thing - why we have no indoor sounds with your soundmod, now that its finally by default in the game? It seems the enhanced soundscape is included in this and maybe its louder than the indoor sounds?

If enhanced soundscape is now included it would be nice to have it as clientside pbo to be able to not load it - enhanced soundscape is really awsome but if it causes reverb that doesnt fit to indoor - thats not so cool. Additionally on my PC it cost me 7 FPS when 1 single MG is shooting (tested on dedi server with 2 players with the old standalone enhanced soundscape mod) which is a nogo when most times i run with ca 35 FPS max- not your problem i know - i just thought i let u know :)

Anyways the mod rocks, playtesting in our coop group will happen after new year, cant wait for the sound experience :)

Yeah-there is a bit of fps drop. Explosions and grenades do it as well. I play at 60 but as a grenade blows it will drop to 54 ish.Not a big issue though-and it is totally worth it for the sounds :)

Yo guys,

some people asked me when I'll release the framework; The thing is that the new sound stuff is supposed to be out soon and DynaSound will most likely be remade from scratch (scripting-wise) since some upcoming features seem to replace stuff that DynaSound does.

This is great but also means that releasing the framework now would require everyone to redo everything, too, so I'll wait. :D

Also: Much love and many thanks to those who donated, your motivating words rock and I tried to answer everyone. Some money already went into a new sound library for debris sounds which you can hear in the vehicle explosions! :)

Edit:

Yeah, I'm not too happy with ES in it's current state and am thinking about new, better and more performant ways to handle everything. Stay tuned!

• Like 12

Yo guys,

some people asked me when I'll release the framework; The thing is that the new sound stuff is supposed to be out soon and DynaSound will most likely be remade from scratch (scripting-wise) since some upcoming features seem to replace stuff that DynaSound does.

This is great but also means that releasing the framework now would require everyone to redo everything, too, so I'll wait. :D

Also: Much love and many thanks to those who donated, your motivating words rock and I tried to answer everyone. Some money already went into a new sound library for debris sounds which you can hear in the vehicle explosions! :)

Edit:

Yeah, I'm not too happy with ES in it's current state and am thinking about new, better and more performant ways to handle everything. Stay tuned!

debris from explosions?I had never considered that-that would be awesome. I must donate to you-this mod is the business :)

• Like 1

Now avaiable on Steam Workshop, say thanks to Bad Benson who convinced me. ;)

• Like 3

Outstanding work !

Thanks for the Stess you make yourself :)

Hello Laxemann,

thank you for your great work with this mod, the sounds are awesome but i still have the issue when i'm shooting in first person view, the shot is still quieter than in third person, the funny thing is when i'm playing as Zeus, spawn a Soldier and take controll over this unit, the sounds in first person are normal. If i can fix this problem on my own somehow please let me know, thank you.

Best regards, and a happy new year to everyone.

Hello Laxemann,

thank you for your great work with this mod, the sounds are awesome but i still have the issue when i'm shooting in first person view, the shot is still quieter than in third person, the funny thing is when i'm playing as Zeus, spawn a Soldier and take controll over this unit, the sounds in first person are normal. If i can fix this problem on my own somehow please let me know, thank you.

Best regards, and a happy new year to everyone.

Are you sure you have the most up to date version of the mod?I found that issue is totally gone since the update.

Thank you for the quick answer i got it fixed, i'm using ArmA3Sync which was using my mods from my old ArmA 3 directory  with the old version of Dynasound, thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks for making this LAxemann. I've always hated the sound of the MX and it's great to have an alternative that is so lightweight compared to other sound mods.

I've noticed one thing, though. The sound in 3rd person seems laggy compared to 1st person.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Thanks for making this LAxemann. I've always hated the sound of the MX and it's great to have an alternative that is so lightweight compared to other sound mods.

I've noticed one thing, though. The sound in 3rd person seems laggy compared to 1st person.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Thanks for your concern, dude,

unfortunately this is a known issue that can not be fixed at the moment, we'll have to wait until the new sound engine update is out :)

• Like 2